With more than 3.7 million construction companies in the U.S., it’s more important than ever to invest in marketing strategies that help you stand out from competitors.
Implementing a custom digital marketing strategy is the perfect way to do just that.
Not quite sure that digital marketing can grow your business? We’ve got the ultimate list of construction marketing statistics in 2022 just for you!
We’ll cover a range of construction stats, including:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Social media marketing
- Content marketing
- Pay-per-click (PPC)
- Word-of-mouth marketing
Keep reading to browse some mind-blowing construction marketing stats!
Pro tip: To stay ahead of your competitors, you must stay up to date with all things digital marketing. Get expert digital marketing advice from our award-winning experts for free by signing up for our newsletter, Revenue Weekly!
Marketing statistics for construction
Explore our list of construction marketing statistics below:
When people want to find a construction company near them for their next home renovation or building project, they use search engines like Google.
Learn more about why this powerful strategy is essential by checking out these SEO construction marketing statistics of 2022:
- 7 million people search Google for contractors every month
- 2 million people search Google for roofing services every month
- 500% is how much “near me” searches have increased over the past few years
- 90% of people take to the Internet to solve their housing restoration needs
- 89% of marketers describe their SEO strategy as successful
- 75% of users don’t go past the first page of search results
- 73% of construction companies say they plan to increase spending on SEO
- 68% of all clicks go to the first five results on Google
- 40% of total revenue is captured by organic traffic from search engines
- 15% is the average close rate of search ranges compared to the 2% average close rate of traditional advertising
Social media marketing
With more than five billion active users on social media, it’s the perfect place to promote your services to your target audience. A social media marketing campaign allows your construction company to interact and engage with your audience to build brand awareness and trust.
Learn more about why you need social media with these construction marketing statistics of 2022:
- 98% of construction companies on social media use LinkedIn
- 96% of construction companies on social media use Facebook
- 96% of users who follow a company on social media interact with that company
- 91% of businesses use social media marketing
- 87% of users visit a company’s website after following them on social media
- 78% of construction companies on social media use Twitter
- 74% of people use social media when making a purchasing decision
- 70% of construction companies say that a social media marketing campaign improved their brand awareness
- 70% of Americans use social media
- 61% of construction companies on social media use YouTube
- 59% of construction companies on social media use Instagram
- 59% of marketers use social media for lead generation and revenue
- 59% of construction companies use social media to build brand awareness
- 57% of people prefer to contact a company on social media rather than by telephone
- 49% of construction companies on social media don’t invest in paid social ads
- 47% of users reach out to a company on social media when they have a question
- 36% of construction companies on social media say that Facebook is the most effective platform
- 22% of construction companies use social media to increase revenue and web traffic
With a content marketing strategy for your construction company, you can provide prospects with the information they need to learn more about your business and services.
Plus, your content can help establish your company as an expert in the construction industry, resulting in higher brand trust and more conversions.
Not convinced that you need a content marketing strategy? Check out these construction digital marketing statistics:
- Six times is how many more conversions companies that use content marketing earn than ones that don’t
- 82% of companies use content marketing
- 79% of marketers use content marketing to generate high-quality leads
- 67% is how many more leads per month companies with blogs generate than those without
- 62% is how much less content marketing costs compared to traditional advertising
- 60% of people say that a company’s content improved their product decision
- 54% is how many more leads content marketing generates compared to traditional marketing
- 54% of people want to see content personalized to their interests
- 31% of marketers rely on blogging and short articles to build brand awareness
PPC ads display at the top and bottom of search engine result pages (SERPs). Investing in a PPC campaign is one of the best ways to increase your online visibility in search engines, drive more traffic to your website, and earn more conversions.
Learn more about why you need PPC advertising with the construction digital marketing statistics below:
- $8 for every $1 spent is how much businesses can receive from Google Ads
- $2 for every $1 spent is how much businesses can earn from PPC
- $2.56 is the average search ad cost-per-click (CPC) for the construction industry
- $0.54 is the average display ad CPC for the construction industry
- 80% is how much your brand awareness can increase by investing in PPC ads
- 46% of all search result page clicks go to the top three PPC ads
- 32% of companies use PPC to sell services directly to users
- 3% is the average search ad click-through rate (CTR) for the construction industry
- 3% is the average search ad conversion rate for the construction industry
- 9% is the average display ad conversion rate for the construction industry
- 5% is the average display ad CTR for the construction industry
People tend to trust recommendations from their friends and family more than paid advertisements. That means your construction company can use word-of-mouth marketing to gain more contracts and drive more revenue.
Learn more about the benefits of word-of-mouth marketing with these construction marketing statistics:
- Four out of five projects at high-trust construction companies are for repeat clients, increasing revenue by 2% to 7%.
- 94% of people say that online reviews convinced them to avoid a business
- 93% of people read online reviews before making a purchasing decision
- 74% of businesses have at least one Google review
- 54% of Americans pay attention to a company’s star rating
- 63% of people research a company before making a purchasing decision
Our digital marketing campaigns impact the metrics that improve your bottom line.See More Results
WebFX has driven the following results for clients:
In client revenue
Leads for our clients
Client phone calls
Inspired by these construction marketing statistics of 2022?
Ready to launch your revenue-driving digital marketing campaign after reading those impressive construction marketing stats? WebFX can help!
- 12 Simple Social Media Tips for Construction
- 3 Commercial Construction Marketing Tips to Expand Your Business
- 5 Great Tips for Optimizing Your Web Design for Construction (With Examples)
- Construction Marketing Agency: Earn More Clients With WebFX
- Drive Revenue With Construction Marketing Services for Your Company
- How to Get Construction Leads: 5 Best Ways to Find Construction Leads
- How to Get More Construction Work With 5 Simple Tips
- How to Market a Construction Company Online: 7 Winning Ideas
- How to Measure and Maximize Construction Marketing ROI
- Marketing Strategy for Construction Companies: Your 5-Step How-To
- PPC for Construction Companies: Use Top-Notch PPC Services to Drive Revenue
- SEO for Construction Companies that Want to Succeed
- Simple and Successful Email Marketing Tips for Construction Companies