Responsive Web Design and Development Pricing: Cost of Web Design
Responsive web design and development are two crucial elements of a successful online presence. But what is a reasonable responsive web design and development price? Of course, there are a lot of factors involved with responsive web design and development pricing, but you can expect to pay anywhere from $2000 to $75,000, depending on your needs. Keep reading for the breakdown!
What determines how much responsive web design and development cost?
There are many things that dictate how much your responsive web design and development will cost. One determining factor is whether you choose to hire an agency, a freelancer, or use a website builder, and the other is the contents of your new website.
Website design cost varies based on who you hire to create your design
First, website design cost is determined by who you choose to build your website.
Do you want to hire a freelancer to design your website? Do you want to hire an agency? Do you want to build your website yourself using a website builder like WordPress?
At WebFX, we believe that it’s in your best interest to hire a web design agency.
There is a lot that goes into building a successful responsive website, and you’ll benefit from hiring a web design agency for these reasons:
- They have the expertise: When you hire a web design agency, you can rest assured that your website will be designed and developed with expert knowledge and precision.
- They save you money: If you hire a freelancer that creates a subpar website, you will already have spent your budget on a website design that wasn’t guaranteed. A web design can save you money by building a beautiful website the first time. Not to mention, the investment you make in web design will have a high return.
- They save you time: When you hire a web design agency rather than a freelancer, there will be a whole team available to work on your design — saving you time in the long run. In addition, building your own site on a platform like WordPress can take much more time than it would to leave your project to an agency.
- They customize your site: If you’re debating whether to hire a web design agency or use a CMS to build your site on your own, you’ll see a more customized result when you hire an agency. There are limited customization options on platforms like WordPress, but an agency can customize every element of your site.
We don’t want to tell you about the work we do, we want to SHOW you.View Our Portfolio
We’ve built over
in a variety of industries.
Here is the price breakdown for each option:
|How Your Website Is Built||Cost|
|Website builder||$0 to $300|
|Freelancer||$500 to $5,000|
|Web design agency||$3,000 to $100,000|
Although hiring a web design agency often costs the most, you’ll be making the best investment for your business since you’ll save time, money, and have a customized site as an end result.
Website design cost varies by the specific elements your website needs
That said, what is the responsive web design and development cost breakdown when you hire an agency?
Typically, your website design cost is dependent on a few things:
- The kind of business you run
- The number of pages you need
- Number of product pages you have
These three basic points are the meat and potatoes of your responsive web design cost. From there, you’ll tack on some additional costs if you opt for:
- Custom videos: Custom videos help bring your pages to life and can help build brand awareness.
- Custom graphics and images: Custom graphics and images help break up long blocks of content.
- Custom, personalized content: Content gives Google something to rank in search engines.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) services: SEO helps your content rank highly in search engines like Google — ultimately driving more traffic to your website.
- Ecommerce functionality: If you sell your products online, you’ll need a website with ecommerce functionality.
- Website maintenance: To make sure your website is up to date, you’ll want to opt for website maintenance services.
Video: Why should you trust WebFX with your web design?
All of our websites are custom and easily integrate with any number of our marketing services. Those are just two reasons we’re one of the best web design and development agency out there.
Responsive web design and development pricing
Now that we’ve talked about what determines the cost of your responsive web design, it’s time to talk numbers.
Website design cost for a small business website
If you’re a small business, you can expect to pay anywhere from $2000 to $9000 on a website.
You’ll also want to set aside $400 to $1200 annually for site maintenance.
Website design cost for a corporate website
As a corporate company, you’ll need more website pages than a small business, and therefore, you can expect to pay anywhere from $10,000 to $35,000 for your website’s design.
You’ll also want to plan for $2000 to $15,000 in annual site maintenance costs.
Website design cost for an ecommerce website
Ecommerce websites require a lot of added functionality, and pages for each product. That said, you can expect to pay $5000 to $55,000 in website design costs.
You can also expect anywhere from $15,000 to $30,000 in annual site maintenance.
Website design cost for a database-driven website
As one of the most complicated kinds of websites to build, you can expect to pay $6000 to $75,000 for a database-driven website design.
You’ll also want to prepare to invest anywhere from $30,000 to $60,000 annually for website maintenance.
Responsive web design and development pricing from WebFX
WebFX knows how to build websites that attract, engage, and delight your site visitors. We’ve won more than 50 awards for our responsive website designs, and to date, we’ve designed more than 1,128 client websites.
Every responsive website that we create is unique. We don’t believe in cookie-cutter web design services because no two businesses are alike.
That said, instead of providing our clients with a pricing chart, we provide them with a web design calculator instead.
Our project quote calculator allows you to build your ideal website with options like:
- Number of pages
- Style of design
- Responsive design
- Database integration
- Ecommerce functionality
Project Quote Calculator
Use the sliders below to indicate your needs, then click the “See Pricing” button for a free, instant quote.
Project Quote Calculator
We estimate your project will cost between and . Please complete the web form below for an exact project quote from a WebFX website design strategist.
Why responsive web design is a crucial investment
After reading this page, you might wonder why responsive web design and development costs are so high.
At WebFX, we believe that a responsive web design is an investment that can change the course of your business — and here’s why:
- It sets the first impression of your business for many customers
- It builds brand awareness and brand loyalty
- It seamlessly displays your products
- It informs users about your brand, industry, products, services, employees, and facility
- It allows users to purchase your products effortlessly
Overall, these small elements work together to:
- Increase website traffic and leads
- Increase conversions
- Increase revenue year over year
On average, every dollar you spend on creating a fantastic user experience for site visitors will earn you $100 in return. If you ask us, that’s an investment worth making.
WebFX is a leading responsive web design company
If you’re looking for an agency that will stretch your responsive web design budget and put every penny to good use, WebFX is here for you.
We’ve been creating functional, lead-nurturing websites for more than a decade, and we pride ourselves on driving results for our clients with custom-built sites.
Our process considers your unique business, your competitors, your budget, and so much more — so that we can create the perfect site for your business.
However, your website doesn’t stop with design. We also offer a wide variety of marketing services to help your target audience find your website and buy your products.
We offer marketing strategies including, but not limited to:
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Content marketing
- Competitor geofencing advertising
- Voice search optimization
- Local SEO
- And so much more
We offer transparent responsive web design and development pricing with our web design calculator, but we also offer transparent pricing on every other service that we offer.
We know that to choose the right agency for you, budget is a determining factor. That said, we believe it’s important to be up front and transparent about responsive web design cost so that you can decide what fits your business best.