Continuously earning new customers and clients is the key to unlocking more revenue and growing your business.
And that’s where a customer relationship management (CRM) platform can help.
CRMs help you develop long-lasting relationships with prospects and current customers to encourage them to convert and keep coming back for more.
On the fence about using a CRM for your company? This ultimate list of 87 CRM statistics for 2022 is for you!
Keep reading for a breakdown of the latest CRM facts and trends, including:
- CRM industry trends
- CRM adoption statistics
- CRM usage statistics
- CRM benefits statistics
- CRM customer experience statistics
- CRM sales statistics
- CRM ROI statistics
P.S. Looking for more ways to boost your revenue? Sign up for our free email newsletter, Revenue Weekly! Our subscribers get expert CRM and digital marketing advice sent straight to their inbox from our award-winning experts!
CRM industry trends for 2022
Searching for the latest CRM industry trends? We’ve got you covered. Check out these impressive CRM stats below:
- CRM is the fastest-growing software in digital marketing
- $146 billion is the expected CRM market value by the year 2028
- $69 billion was the total value of the CRM market in 2021
- $15 billion is the global mobile CRM market value
- $35 million is the total CRM market revenue generated in the U.S. in 2022
- CRM cloud revenue accounts for 50% of the total CRM market value
- 57% of businesses perceive CRM platforms as the most valuable software
- 13% is how much the CRM market value is expected to grow per year from 2022 to 2030
- 12% of a company’s marketing budget is expected to be spent on CRM software in 2022
CRM adoption statistics for 2022
Why do businesses adopt a CRM platform? What features do companies look for in their CRM software?
Get the answers to those questions and more with these CRM statistics for 2022 below:
- 94% of users want contact management features in their CRM platform
- 88% of users want interaction tracking features in their CRM platform
- 66% of businesses switch to a new CRM because their current platform lacks the features they need
- 65% of companies start using a CRM within their first five years in business
- 40% of businesses say that getting a response from prospects is their number one challenge in sales
- 31% of businesses say that involving multiple decision-makers in the buying process is their number one challenge in sales
- 30% of businesses say that closing deals is their number one challenge in sales
- 28% of businesses switch to a new CRM because their current platform is no longer supported
- 24% of companies say functionality is the most important factor when purchasing a CRM platform
- 22% of businesses switch to a new CRM because their current platform is too difficult to use
- 20% of companies say ease of use is the most important factor when purchasing CRM software
- 14% of companies say price is the most important factor when purchasing CRM software
- 13% of companies say that investing in a CRM platform is one of their top sales priorities
- 13% of businesses switch to a new CRM because their current platform doesn’t support the size of their business
- 9% of businesses switch to a new CRM because their current platform does not provide good customer support
- 6% of businesses switch to a new CRM because their current platform is too expensive
CRM usage statistics for 2022
Curious about how companies use CRM technology? View these noteworthy CRM facts:
- Scaling customer-centered decisions and actions is the main driver behind increased investment in CRM software
- CRM is among the top three tools for creating personalized interactions with customers to foster loyalty and a higher marketing return on investment (ROI)
- 91% of businesses with 10 or more employees use CRM systems
- 87% of businesses use cloud-based CRM platforms
- 82% of organizations use CRM systems for sales reporting and process automation
- 81% of CRM users access their CRM from multiple devices
- 81% is how much more likely effective sales organizations are to be consistently using a CRM platform
- 79% of businesses use a CRM
- 55% of U.S. businesses use CRM platforms
- 52% of companies use their CRM platform for calendar management
- 50% of businesses use their CRM platform for email marketing
- 46% of sales teams report widespread use of CRM systems
- 46% of companies use their CRM platform to manage quote and proposal form submissions
- 44% of businesses use their CRM platform for marketing automation integration
- 44% of businesses use their CRM platform for lead scoring
- 32% of CRM users are in the professional services industry
- 18% of CRM users are in the retail industry
- 13% of CRM users are in the IT Industry
- 13% of CRM users are in the manufacturing industry
- 7% of CRM users are in the banking and finance industry
CRM benefits statistics for 2022
No list of CRM statistics of 2022 would be complete without diving into the benefits this software can bring to your business.
Learn how CRMs can drive revenue for your company with the CRM stats below:
- 74% of businesses say CRM software gave them improved access to customer data
- 73% is how much process efficiency can increase by using mobile CRM software
- 60% of businesses say their productivity improved by using a CRM platform
- 57% is how much the quality of communication among sales reps can increase by using CRM technology
- 50% of businesses improved their productivity with mobile CRM software
- 45% of businesses say their sales revenue improved by using CRM software
- 42% is how much report accuracy can increase by using CRM software
- 39% of businesses say their upselling and cross-selling efforts improved by using CRM software
- 34% is how much productivity can increase by using a CRM platform
- 27% is how much customer retention can improve with a CRM platform
- 23% is how much lead cost can reduce by using a CRM platform
- 14% is how much your sales cycle can reduce by accessing customer data
CRM customer experience statistics for 2022
CRMs are crucial for helping your company deliver the best experience for your customers and prospects so you can earn more sales.
Learn more about how this technology impacts customer experience with the CRM facts below:
- The importance of understanding customer behavior and their preferences is cited as the key driving factor for the CRM market growth
- Customer services revenue accounts for 20% of the total CRM market value
- 95% is how much profits can increase with a 5% improvement in customer retention
- 90% of consumers believe that personalization makes a website more appealing
- 84% of consumers believe the experience a company provides is just as important as the products and services
- 84% of consumers are more loyal to companies that have strong data security controls
- 80% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a company offering a personalized experience
- 78% of customers expect consistent interactions across departments
- 74% is how much customer satisfaction can increase by using mobile CRM software
- 73% of customers point to customer experience as an important factor in their purchasing decisions
- 69% of customers expect a connected experience when they engage with a company
- 69% of businesses say that converting contacts into customers is their top marketing priority
- 67% is how much more loyal customers spend than new customers
- 48% of consumers between the ages of 18 and 24 say artificial intelligence (AI) makes customer experience better
- 47% of businesses say that CRM software has a significant impact on customer retention
- 44% of businesses say that increasing revenue from current customers is their top marketing priority
- 16% of U.S. organizations consider their delivery of real-time customer interactions across touchpoints as effective
CRM sales statistics for 2022
Closing more deals and continuously earning sales is critical to growing your business. Fortunately, CRMs can help with just that.
Explore how this technology can boost sales for your company with these impressive CRM statistics for 2022:
- The most popular sales tools for businesses include CRM software, social prospecting, and email engagement
- 87% is how much sales can improve by using mobile CRM software
- 75% of companies say that closing more deals is a top priority
- 65% of mobile CRM sales reps reach their sales target
- 48% of companies say improving their sales funnel efficiency is a top sales priority
- 42% is how much sales forecasting accuracy can increase by using CRM technology
- 32% of sales reps say they spend more than an hour each day on manual data entry
- 29% is how much sales can increase by using CRM software
CRM ROI statistics for 2022
When you invest in any software, you want to ensure it will drive revenue for your business, so you don’t waste resources.
Explore how you can earn a higher ROI with the CRM facts below:
- The average ROI of CRM is $8.71 for every $1 spent
- 300% is how much CRM software can increase conversion rates
- 245% is how much revenue can increase by using a CRM platform
- 92% of businesses say CRM software played an important role in achieving their revenue goals
- 41% is how much CRM platforms can increase revenue per sales representative
Time to Level Up Your Sales
Our long list of services helps you grow every aspect of your business with marketing strategies that are proven to increase bottom-line metrics like revenue and conversions.
In the past 5 years, we’ve managed more than 12.9 MILLION transactions across our client base.
Want to make these CRM statistics a reality for your business?
Do you want to make these impressive CRM statistics for 2022 a reality for your company? Are you ready to start driving more revenue for your business with a CRM? WebFX can help!
Our industry-leading CRM platform, Nutshell, can help you manage your entire sales pipeline from initial brand awareness to conversion. Plus, you can track your ROI so you can allocate funds to the strategies that drive the most revenue for your business.
And the best part? Our team of over 500 marketing experts is always on hand to help you maximize your result with every feature.