If you’re a handyman company, you’re a part of a $4 billion industry. Without a steady influx of new clients, it’s hard for any owner to keep their business growing and competing against your top competitors.
If you’re new to the world of marketing and need some recommendations, social media marketing is one of your best options. Not only are there tons of social media platforms to utilize, but combined, social media platforms have millions of users.
With such a wide user base, why wouldn’t you advertise on social media?
On this page, we’ll talk about the social media platforms you can utilize to take your handyman company to the next level.
If you’d like to speak with a specialist about a custom social media campaign, feel free to contact us at 888-601-5359.
Why social media is beneficial for handyman companies
Whether you choose to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, or any other number of social media platforms to market your handyman company, you can guarantee that you’re marketing to one of the largest audiences possible.
Social media allows you to reach all corners of the globe while hardly lifting a finger. For your handyman company, though, you don’t truly need to reach any farther than your local surroundings.
Social platforms allow you to specifically target your most qualified group of potential clients with hashtags, beneficial information, links to your website, and more.
If you’re interested in how much it’ll cost to have one or more accounts managed by WebFX, try our custom social media strategy calculator! Our team of social media experts are dedicated to helping your carpet cleaning company achieve success.
Read below to learn about a few of the most beneficial social media platforms for handyman companies!
Hear What It’s Like to Work With WebFX!
“We were looking for a forward-thinking but down to earth SEO company to partner with. Not only were we looking to build a long term business relationship but we needed them to understand our needs as a small company. And WebFX met all of that criteria. Our experience has been unparalleled; from the sales team who made the drive to our office to meet us in person to our Internet Marketer who has been an absolute joy to work with. They are completely transparent about their services and they take the time to explain everything which not only sets them apart from every other SEO company we have worked with but we also feel like we’re taking something away from our interactions with the staff at WebFX. We are exited to see where this year will take us knowing that we have such a great support system with their company.”
What social media platforms should handyman companies utilize?
With so many social media channels out there, how do you know which ones work best for handyman companies?
Here are a list of the most beneficial social media platforms for handymen and how to use them to your greatest advantage.
Here are some specific ways your handyman company can utilize Facebook for your business (and benefit from this social media network):
- Share links to your website:The purpose of social media marketing is to share the word of your business with as many people as possible in hopes of attracting new customers. In order to attract those new customers, it’s important to share links to your website. This is because when a user clicks a link that takes them to your website, not only will they get the information that they clicked for, but they’ll likely poke around on your site and visit different pages. If you have a great internal linking structure on your website, users will be even more tempted to visit other pages since links are included in what they’re reading.
- Share photos of your work:People respond to images because it shows them something instead of tells them. Share photos of your employees so that users can become familiar with the faces that might be working for them. You can share photos of your company vehicles, your employees working in clients’ homes, and so much more.
- Share your company’s ads:Facebook offers an ad feature that allows you to target your most qualified customers and direct them to your website. When they get to your landing page, they’ll be given the opportunity to learn more, or take an action like booking an appointment.
- Share informative and beneficial information:If you find that a brand that you buy tools from, like Lowes, shares something on their Facebook that would be beneficial for your followers to see, share it! People love to be informed and if you can provide them with that information, you’ll get brownie points for being helpful!
YouTube provides great opportunities for a handyman company since the industry is so hands-on.
As of May 2018, YouTube has over 1.8 billion users every month. That’s not far behind Facebook, making it another great platform to utilize.
Here are some ways you can use YouTube to benefit your handyman company.
- Post “how-to” videos:Like we mentioned before, people love to be informed and watching YouTube videos to solve a problem is the new norm. You could film and post a video that shows how to fix a leaky faucet, or how to change a lightbulb in a stove. Videos like this are helpful for your audience and also help you to emerge as a knowledgeable figure in your industry. You can also share these videos in other marketing campaigns like email marketing or on your website!
- Create videos to answer FAQs:Again, informing your audience is key! Try creating videos that describe the tools you use, the materials you work with, and any other questions you get from current clients. You could describe the different kinds of wrenches and what they’re used for, for example. You can also share these videos in other marketing campaigns.
Instagram is an image-based platform that allows you to share with millions of users worldwide. You can post everything from photos to videos, and with the new story feature, you can “go live” or post videos that will disappear within 24 hours.
Instagram also utilizes hashtags which offer a way to classify your posts. This makes it easy for people to search hashtags and find your photos and videos that are tagged under what they’re looking for. For instance, if you post a snippet of a video that shows you fixing a leaky faucet, you could use the hashtags “#faucetrepair,” “#leakyfaucet,” or trending hashtags that earn more traction. When someone searches for that hashtag, they’ll be able to see your posts.
Here are some ideas for posts that work well on Instagram:
- Images and videos of your handyman services:Share a photo of employees working on a project, or post a video snippet from one of your YouTube videos. People love to have a visual of your work before committing to you as a handyman.
- Ads:Instagram also has an ad platform that allows you to target potential customers. When they click your ad, they’ll be sent to a landing page which prompts them to take further action.
Are you interested in a social media campaign for your handyman company?
If you’re interested in learning what social media is all about and integrating it into your existing marketing campaign, WebFX can help!
We have an entire team of social media specialists who are experts in their field. They’ll work with you to put together the perfect campaign for your unique handyman business and report to you along the way.
We can’t wait to work with you to take your handyman company to new heights with social media!
Earn a 20% greater ROI with WebFX
- Ann Arbor, MI Social Media Agency
- Social Media for Atlanta, GA
- Social Media for Baltimore, MD
- Social Media for Boston, MA
- Social Media for Charlotte, NC
- Social Media for Chicago, IL
- Social Media for Cincinnati, OH
- Social Media for Cleveland, OH
- Social Media for Columbus, OH
- Social Media for Dallas, TX
- Social Media for Denver, CO