Did you know that businesses that create content see six times more conversions than businesses that don’t? Having a blog is a valuable resource to help your business drive more revenue and grow online. But before you start blogging, you must find the right place to house your blog — you need to find the best blog platform for your business.
Luckily, we’ve got a list of five of the best blog platforms your business can choose from to host your business’s blog, including:
Keep reading to learn more about these blog hosting websites! P.S. Want to get the latest tips and tricks for marketing your business online? Join 190,000 savvy marketers by subscribing to our email newsletter!
Best blogging platform for customization: WordPress
Cost: Cost varies depending upon needs, anywhere from $75-$115,000 per year The best blog platform for businesses that want to customize their blog is WordPress. This open-source blog builder enables you to create a custom blog that you can easily integrate into your current site to create a cohesive experience.
WordPress is one of the most popular blog hosting websites because it’s easy to make your blog unique to your business.
While WordPress offers dozens of templates to build your blog, you can still customize those templates to fit your business’s unique needs. In addition to templates, WordPress also offers tools and plugins to help you build the blog you need.
Pros of WordPress for blogging:
- Easily customizable to fit your needs
- Scalable — grows as your business’s blog grows
- Large library of plugins to add what you need
- Large community to provide tips, tricks, and troubleshooting solutions
Cons of WordPress for blogging:
- You have to buy a domain name and web hosting (extra costs)
- It takes more time to build
- Does require some coding knowledge to create a truly customizable blog
Best blogging platform for beginners: Wix
Cost: $14-$39 per month Wix is the best blog platform for companies that are just starting their blogging journey. Wix offers a drag-and-drop builder that makes it easy for beginners to build a blog — you don’t need to know coding to create it.
With Wix, you’ll get access to dozens of templates that you can use to stylize your blog and make it fit your business’s unique style.
Wix also provides numerous features to enhance your blog. From search engine optimization (SEO) tools to blog post scheduling, you get all the tools you need to run a successful blog for your business.
Pros of Wix for blogging:
- Easy to use for people who don’t have coding experience
- Built-in SEO to help your site rank in search results
- Built-in email subscription feature to build subscribers to your blog
- Easy process to create posts
Cons of Wix for blogging:
- Templates are not interchangeable
- Cannot transfer your site to another blog host
Best blogging platform for audience reach: Medium
Cost: Free The best blog platform for businesses looking to increase audience reach is Medium. While Medium isn’t on a blog hosting website, it is a platform where you can create niche content to reach interested leads. This platform focuses specifically on creating content.
Medium enables you to publish short and long-form content for your audience. Within Medium, you can customize your business’s blog page, where all your blog posts appear, and your business’s brand colors and logo. When you publish content, you can choose to blog as an individual or work with a Medium publication.
Pros of Medium for blogging:
- Access to a broad audience of readers looking for niche content
- Content is easy to post
- Access to a stats dashboard to see content performance
Cons of Medium for blogging:
- No custom domain tied to your business — hosted solely on Medium
- No ownership over traffic visiting your content — can’t sell ad placement
- Reliance on Medium’s algorithm for content exposure
Best blogging platform for security: Gator
Cost: $3.84-$9.22 per month The best blog platform for your business to consider is Gator. Gator is a website builder and blogging platform created by HostGator. With this blog builder, you get a drag-and-drop tool that helps you create your blog.
Gator uses artificial intelligence (AI) to help you build a blog that works for you. This blog builder will ask you some basic questions about your site and use AI to create a site and design that works for your blog. With Gator, you also get site security that’s all managed by HostGator — you don’t have to worry about continually updating your blog’s security.
Pros of Gator for blogging:
- Quick set up
- You can integrate your store into your blog
- Mobile responsive designs that deliver a better experience
- Access to analytics to see site performance
Cons of Gator for blogging:
- No free account to do a trial run of Gator
- Limited apps and extensions to enhance your site
Best blogging platform for simplicity: Squarespace
Cost: $12-$40 per month If you’re looking for the best blogging platform in terms of simplicity, try using Squarespace. Squarespace is a great blogging platform for businesses that want something simple and easy to use — especially if you aren’t tech-savvy.
With Squarespace, you can build a professional-looking blog that helps you reach people most interested in your business.
If you need help creating the right blog for your business, Squarespace can provide you with suggestions after answering some questions.
Pros of Squarespace for blogging:
- Numerous professional templates to stylize your blog
- Simple and easy to set up your blog
- Easy to use backend design
Cons of Squarespace for blogging:
- Lack of advanced marketing tools to manage your website
- No support for third-party apps or extensions
- Adding and moving elements is challenging and time-consuming
Need help picking the best blogging platform for your business?
To start your blog off on the right foot, you need to choose the best blog platform for your business. If you aren’t sure which is best for your business, WebFX can help you decide.
We can help you choose the blogging platform that’s best for your business and help you get started. With a team of over 450+ marketing experts, we have the resources and people-power to help you launch and maintain your blog.
When you partner with us, we’ll provide you with a dedicated account representative to keep you informed of everything we do for you. Ready to launch a blog that drives more qualified traffic for your business?