Today, thousands of businesses in the healthcare industry are turning to independent software vendors for their needs. That means you have a huge opportunity to expand your business with the right marketing.
Fortunately, it doesn’t cost nearly as much as traditional marketing, and you stand to earn even more in terms of ROI.
If you're interested in learning how WebFX can create a custom strategy for your company, call 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist, or keep reading to learn more about why digital marketing is so important within the healthcare industry.
Attract more patients
I'd like to learn more
with a custom marketing strategy.
What is Internet marketing?
Internet marketing is a broad term that covers a whole range of different online promotional strategies. This includes:
- Search engine optimization (SEO): SEO is the process of improving your website so search engines can read, contextualize, and display it in appropriate search results.
- Email marketing. Email marketing is about sending emails to certain demographics in your niche that encourage people to convert into paying customers.
- Blogs. Blogs that talk about your industry and current events show that you’re an active business online and you know your stuff.
- Pay-per-click advertising (PPC). PPC is a common form of advertising on search engines and social networks that lets you pay to reach potential customers in your demographic.
- Social media marketing. Social media marketing includes creating accounts on different social networks, creating an audience of followers, and sharing information with them over time.
- Content marketing. Content marketing is the strategy of providing in-depth information on keywords that are valuable to your business.
There are plenty of other ways to use Internet marketing. Regardless of which you choose for your company, it’s important to remember that Internet marketing frequently changes. The best way you can stay on top of your industry is to have a strong, easy-to-use website.
That means your website should be easy-to-use, simply laid out, attractive, and engaging. With all of those qualities met, you’re set to start marketing your ISV online to attract healthcare companies.
You can do that with a couple key strategies.
Reach more patients online
When you partner with WebFX, we'll help you earn visibility for the keywords your target audience is searching, and earn more patients for your practice.Speak with a strategist
1. Optimize for search engines
SEO, or search engine optimization, is essential for any business to achieve success online. It shows search engines and their users what they can expect by going to your site, and that helps you attract qualified traffic that can turn into leads and customers.
Because SEO is so fast-paced, it’s important to remember that it’s a constant process — not a once-and-done. SEO requires a number of different practices to fully succeed, and if you want to stay at the top of your industry, you need to regularly use all of them.
SEO for a healthcare ISV includes:
- Keyword research. Find the search terms people use to look up your industry, and attract those people to your site.
- On-page optimization. Every page on your site has different elements that you can use to make them show up in search results. Make sure you fill out their title tags, meta descriptions, headings, and body text (among others).
- Off-page optimization. This requires extra legwork on your part, but off-page optimization factors are critical to getting your site to show up in search results. Get other sites to link to you and establish yourself as a credible resource online.
Now that you know what an SEO strategy entails, let’s look at another important strategy for healthcare ISVs.
2. Create great content
After you have your keywords, you should create content about them.
Content refers to blog posts, articles, guides, white papers, graphics, and other forms of engaging, interesting pages on your site. Using different forms of content lets you reach out to a variety of potential customers and attract them to your site. It’s also a great way to attract links to your page from other websites, which helps your off-page optimization.
One of the best ways to continually produce quality content is to create a blog.
Blogs allow you to write short articles about current events in the healthcare industry, and you can also take some time to highlight your business.
Talk about your developers, founders, company policies, vision for the future, commitment to customers, and more. And if you’d like, you can add videos to the posts that’ll keep readers engaged longer.
Your blog is also the perfect place to create visual elements like infographics to show readers interesting data in a fun, eye-catching way. Infographics are some of the best ways to engage your readers, and they’re especially good at attracting new links to your site.
Now that you have a good idea about how to create content, let’s talk about sharing it.
3. Share content on social media
Social media marketing is a significant part of any Internet marketing campaign. It’s the best way to promote your new content and make attract readers.
Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest are the three most popular social networks in the United States. And while it may not seem like you have the kind of business that works for social media, you can still cultivate an audience by reaching out, sharing content, and engaging potential customers.
Sharing content is especially helpful since it encourages your followers to share it more, which gives you a further reach. You share it with your followers, they share it with their followers, and before you know it, you’ve reached an exponentially larger audience.
That’s the best part of social media marketing — reaching a huge number of people in moments.
Still, you should practice one last strategy to make sure your website is actually improving.
4. Measure your results
Whenever you try a new strategy, it’s critical that you track your results. The results you get from different strategies will guide your future choices, and that means you can gradually make your business better by learning from your previous successes and failures.
Want to speak with an expert? Call us at 888-601-5359
WebFX is a full-service Internet marketing firm
At WebFX, we work in Internet marketing all day, every day. We help healthcare ISVs establish themselves with solid SEO practices, create content that their audience loves, promote it on social media, and track the results all with one smooth, streamlined process. Our experienced marketers know exactly how to get you new customers — all you have to do is contact us!
Contact us today to establish a winning Internet marketing strategy that’ll help your business grow!