Email marketing is one of the best ways to market your business online.
Whether you’re a retail store, a heavy equipment company, or a healthcare center, email marketing allows you to stay connected with your customers.
Not convinced? These 26 email marketing statistics show the value of email marketing, and why it should be a part of your online marketing strategy.
Check out our email marketing services to learn all about what it can do for your business!
Email marketing statistics for the skeptics
We all know a business owner who is skeptical of the success email marketing can bring. Here are some stats that prove that email marketing is alive and well.
- 1. 59% of marketers say email has the best ROI.
- 2. The ROI of email marketing is said to be 4400%.
- 3. 89% of marketers say that their main channel for lead generation is email.
- 4. 58% of adults check their email first thing in the morning.
- 5. You can increase click rates by 300% if you add video to an email.
- 6. 61% of shoppers and consumers enjoy getting weekly promotional emails, and 28% wish they received them more frequently.
Email marketing statistics for the marketers
Here are some email marketing statistics that will make marketers excited to continue their use of email, or start their campaign right away.
- 7. 20% of marketers say that their email operations are directly linked to their company’s primary revenue.
- 8. 66% of marketing emails are newsletters, 54% are promotional content, and 42% are welcome series emails.
- 9. Emails that don’t display properly will be deleted in about three seconds in a majority of cases.
- 10. Email is the top source of analytics data for marketers.
- 11. 82% of B2B and B2C companies use email marketing.
Email for mobile
We’ve also found some of the most interesting statistics about email marketing in relation to mobile devices.
- 12. 71% of people with smartphones use an email app to check their emails.
- 13. Mobile email rates account for about half of all opens.
- 14. 29% of emails are opened on an iPhone.
- 15. 23% of people admit that when they open an email on their mobile device, they open it again later.
Personalize your emails
Is personalizing emails to fit the customer really beneficial? Here are some statics to prove that the answer is “yes.”
- 16. Click-through rates increase about 14% when you send personalized emails.
- 17. Emails that include a personalized subject line have a 26% greater chance of being opened than emails that don’t have one.
- 18. Transaction rates are 6 times higher when the message is personalized.
General email marketing statistics
Here are some interesting tidbits relating to email marketing in general.
- 19. When you include a call to action button in your emails as opposed to a text link, conversion rates can increase up to 28%.
- 20. 72% of people prefer to receive promotional offers through email.
- 21. On average, employees spend 13 hours per week in their inbox.
- 22. Users subscribed to marketing emails usually spend anywhere from 10-60 minutes per week looking at promotional emails.
- 23. 68% of Americans decide whether or not to open an email based on who it’s from.
- 24. Segmented and targeted emails are said to generate 60% of revenue.
- 25. It’s 40 times more likely for email to acquire more customers rather than Facebook or Twitter.
- 26. Email open rates can vary by industry, with an average open rate of 17.92% across industries studied.
Want more marketing statistics and tips? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to keep learning all about email marketing and more!
Get posts by email
Be the first to know when we publish a new blog post!