Email Marketing: Learn Email Marketing From The Experts
Welcome to your complete resource hub for learning email marketing. Email marketing is an easy way to promote brand recognition, encourage new and repeat customers, and boost your annual revenue. Learn how to use email marketing to nurture leads and drive sales now!
Did you know that 89% of marketers say that email marketing is their primary strategy? Email marketing is pivotal for helping your company stay engaged with prospects interested in your products or services.
If you want to harness the power of email marketing, but don’t know where to start, we’ve created this pocket email marketing guide to help! This guide will answer questions like:
- What is email marketing?
- What are the benefits of email marketing?
- What types of emails can you send?
- How do I start with email marketing?
Keep reading to learn more about how to start using email marketing as part of your digital marketing strategy!
If you need help getting started with email marketing, WebFX has a team of 450+ email marketing experts ready to help. Contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist about our email marketing services!
Email Marketing Resources
Learn everything about email marketing with these resources!
How to Start Email Marketing
Learn how to get started with email marketing with these guides!
- What Is Email Marketing?
- How to Start Email Marketing and Grow Your Business
- Email Marketing Best Practices
- The Definitive Email Marketing Guide for SMBs
- Email Marketing Checklist
- Greatest Benefits of Email Marketing
- Email Marketing Benefits
- How to Create An Email Marketing Strategy
- How to Create A Targeted Email Marketing Campaign
- Email Marketing Tools
- 7 Tips for Building an Email Marketing List that Converts
- 7 Tips for Creating Successful Referral Emails
- 8 Types of Email Marketing to Engage Your Subscribers
- 6 Game-Changing Email Segmentation Strategies to Use
- 5 Email Marketing Tips for Improving Your SEO
Email Marketing Tips and Strategies
Become an email marketing pro with these resources!
- How to Build the Best Email Marketing Strategy
- Best Email Marketing Tips
- Design Tips For Email Marketing
- Tips for Improving Your Email Marketing ROI
- Types of Email Marketing to Engage Your Subscribers
- Qualities of a Good Email Marketing Campaign
- 10 Inspiring Email Campaigns
- Best Practices for Email Subject Lines
- 9 Ways To Reach our Customers
- B2B Email Best Practices
- Email Marketing for Magento
- Email Marketing for Small Businesses
- How to Create and Opt-In Email Marketing Strategy
- How to Segment Your Email List
Email Marketing Services and Pricing
Choosing the Right Email Marketing Agency
Email Marketing Tools and Platforms
Additional Channels and Strategies
Email Marketing FAQ
There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to email marketing, which can make it appear challenging. We’ve published some answers to questions you may have about the relevance of email marketing, the difference between a good email marketing strategy and a bad email marketing strategy, and more.
- Is Email Marketing Push or Pull?
- Is Email Marketing Still Effective?
- Is Email Marketing Worth It?
- What Is Double Opt-In Email Marketing?
- What Is Drip Email Marketing?
- What Is Email Marketing Automation?
- What Is Email Marketing?
- What Makes A Good Email Marketing Strategy?
- Email Frequency: What’s the Ideal Number of Emails to Send?
- How Often Should You Send? | 5 Email Marketing Frequency Tips
- How to Choose an Email Marketing Company
- Email Marketing vs. SMS Marketing: Which Drives Real Results
Email Marketing Analytics
In order for your email marketing efforts to be successful, you need to monitor your campaigns regularly and use analytics information to improve them. We’ve compiled some helpful articles so you can get the most out of your email marketing strategy.
- Email Marketing Metrics You Should Track
- Email Marketing Analytics
- Email Marketing Key Performance Indicators
- Email Marketing Metrics
- How to Calculate the Value of Email Marketing
- Analytics Important for Email Marketing
- 9 Tips to Increase Your Email Conversion Rate
- 6 Tips for Finding the Right Email Marketing Software
- What Is a Good Open Rate for Your Email Marketing Campaign?
What is email marketing?
Email marketing is a form of digital and direct marketing where you send out an email to your customers who have subscribed. These emails can focus on anything from informational content to promotions. This strategy is used to drive sales as well as increase engagement and more traffic to your website!
Email marketing enables you to give your customers a direct look into who you are as a brand and build a community around your business. This digital marketing strategy enables you to continually nurture leads towards conversion to help boost revenue for your business.
5 email marketing benefits to know
Investing a part of your digital marketing budget and strategy into email marketing can come with great benefits. Here are five email marketing benefits to know:
- You earn more conversions: Your ultimate goal is earning a conversion for your business. Sending a promotional email with a discount or an abandoned cart email can give customers a subtle push to buy your product or service.
- You measure your success: One of the biggest benefits of email marketing is that you can measure the success of your campaigns. Once you send an email to your subscribers, you can track crucial analytics like open rate, click-through rate (CTR), and more to see how your campaigns perform.
- You build brand awareness: Not only are you making sure your brand stays top of mind for your customer, but you are also giving them a personal journey of who you are as a brand. Email marketing enables you to keep your brand top of mind for your subscribers.
- You increase engagement: Email marketing is great because you can tailor emails to appeal to the audience you know is already interested in your brand. This level of personalization enables you to increase engagement with business.
- You pay less: Email marketing campaigns are often a fraction of the cost of other mainstream marketing channels. Considering you can earn $44 for every $1 spent, it’s a great strategy for paying less and getting more.
4 types of emails for email marketing
There are many types of email marketing strategies you can use to reach your target customer! Here are four types of emails you can send to your subscribers:
1. Lead nurturing emails
Lead nurturing emails can be highly effective when you know your buyer personas and where they are in the buying journey. These emails can help you reach people at the right time and deliver the information they need to help them progress towards converting.
With lead nurturing emails, you tailor your email content to the subscriber’s interests to get them to consider your product or service. Since you tailor the information to them, they’re more likely to open the email and see what you’re offering.
So, what’s the benefit of sending lead nurturing emails?
- You can target leads at a granular level to get them to engage
- You can automate these emails to trigger at the right time –– when your audience is most interested
- You can maintain relationships with your subscribers
2. Newsletter emails
Your newsletter can provide helpful information, tips, or best practices for doing something within your industry.
Here are some benefits to creating email newsletters:
- Build trust and authority: Email newsletters allow you to impart your knowledge on your subscribers. They see you as a trusted source in your industry, which can help you earn conversions later.
- Build relationships: Email newsletters are a great way to nurture relationships with prospects without pushing your products or services too much.
- Drive traffic to your website: With newsletters, you can drive users to your website with clickable links and call to action (CTA) buttons in the newsletter. It helps you increase traffic to your website.
3. Welcome emails
We all know the feeling of spam service calls that start with, “I just wanted to take a moment of your time to discuss this great service I want to sell you.” These calls always seem to use an aggressive sales pitch and, often more than not, put you off the product or service.
Even though making this first contact is critical, there are ways you can approach it that aren’t aggressive –– namely sending welcome emails.
Think of client welcome emails as a way to welcome your customer, to show them you care and that you’re thankful they’re taking an interest in your business. It’s a more effective approach than using a heavy sales pitch on why they should be buying from you immediately.
Welcome emails help you nurture relationships from the start, so you can turn leads into conversions.
Here are a few benefits to creating welcome emails:
- You can introduce your brand to your prospects and help them get familiar with your company
- You set a positive first impression with your subscribers
- You show customers you value them
4. Re-engagement emails
Think of re-engagement emails as a way to just pop in and remind your client who you are and that they are subscribed to your email list. Re-engagement emails enable you to get subscribers to think about your brand and consider your company again.
Re-engagement emails enable your subscribers to decide if they want to stay engaged with your brand or unsubscribe from your email list. They provide you with an opportunity to get inactive subscribers interested in your brand again.
Here are some benefits of re-engagement emails:
- Enable you to re-engage subscribers that can turn into sales
- Enable you to thin out your subscriber list to prevent wasting money sending emails to inactive subscribers.
- Discover what may hold subscribers back from engaging with your emails
How to get started with email marketing
There are a few steps to follow when getting started with email marketing:
- Find a trustworthy email marketing program, like MyEmailFX
- Include the newsletter API on your website to obtain contact information
- Make sure that you are following all the correct security and privacy steps
- Gather contact information from previous clients
- Input the customer contact information you have gathered into an email marketing program/software.
- Do research on the visitor profiles and which target audience you would like to target
- Chose the type of email marketing you are going to use
- Write enticing and catchy emails
- Create reusable templates
- Send out to your clients
- Measure the results of your campaign
Invest in email marketing for your business today
Email marketing is a great strategy to help you nurture leads into sales for your business. If you aren’t sure where to start with email marketing, consider partnering with an email marketing company like WebFX.
Our team of 450+ marketing experts can help you craft a custom email marketing campaign. We know how to craft campaigns that drive results — we’ve driven over $3 billion in revenue for our clients in the past five years, with WebFX, our digital marketing agency.