The Ultimate List of Impressive Digital Advertising Statistics in 2023
With today’s technology, it’s increasingly important for digital marketers to stay up-to-date with the latest marketing and advertising trends to stand out from the competition and boost the success of their business.
And one of the best ways to be in the know is by keeping an eye on the latest digital advertising statistics in the U.S. and worldwide.
Digital advertising statistics can help you evaluate the success of an online advertising campaign and how it can help you drive revenue and sales for your business.
Are you ready to get started with digital advertising? Speak with our award-winning team today to learn more about how our digital advertising services can drive revenue for your business. Call us at 888-601-5359 or contact us online to get started with your digital ad campaign.
We foster and form long-term partnerships so that your business has long-term results.
Over 90% of WebFX clients continue partnering with us into year 2 of their campaign.Hear from Our Happy Customers
30 noteworthy digital advertising statistics in 2023
Digital advertising is a targeted advertising strategy used to market products and services to consumers through online channels such as search engines, social media, and websites.
It allows you to create targeted messages to reach and expand your audiences, improve your brand awareness, and generate leads and sales.
So how can you decide whether digital advertising is right for your business?
Digital advertising can include the following mediums:
- Pay-per-click (PPC)
- Social media
The statistics below will help you understand which advertising strategies are the most successful for businesses like yours and how consumers view online advertisements.
Here are 30 digital advertising statistics in 2023:
- PPC advertising statistics
- Mobile advertising statistics
- Video advertising statistics
- Display advertising statistics
- Influencer advertising statistics
- Social media advertising statistics
PPC advertising statistics
Pay-per-click advertising, or PPC, is a digital marketing strategy that allows you to place advertisements on search engine results pages (SERPs), social media, websites, and more. As the name suggests, you will only pay for these advertisements when a user clicks on your ad.
With PPC ads, you can better target your audience and generate more leads and sales by controlling which consumers see your ads and deciding how you want to target your most valuable customers.
And because PPC ads are displayed before organic search results, you can increase your chances of a user clicking on your ad and visiting your website.
PPC ads are excellent digital advertising options for boosting your revenue and increasing your visibility online.
And if that’s not convincing enough, here are a few jaw-dropping PPC advertising statistics that show just how valuable paid search can be for your business:
- Search ad spending accounts for more than $46 million in the United States
- 46% of page clicks go to the top 3 PPC ads
- Ads can increase brand awareness by 80%
- Users who click on PPC ads are 50% more likely to purchase than someone who clicked on an organic search result.
- Four times as many people are more likely to click on a paid search advertisement on Google than any other search engine
- Businesses make $2 for every $1 spent on PPC ads
- The average PPC campaign costs between $9000 and $10,000 per month
- More than half of users can’t tell the difference between PPC ads and organic search results
- Google Ads’ average cost-per-click (CPC) is $1.16
- Paid search accounted for an average of 39% of advertisers’ budgets
Mobile advertising statistics
Mobile advertising allows you to market your products and services specifically to users on their mobile devices.
Mobile marketing is becoming increasingly important as more people use their phones to make purchasing decisions and browse information about products and services.
You can use mobile advertisements on mobile-friendly websites, paid search ads, social media, and mobile apps and games.
Mobile advertising can help you reach and expand your target audience, increase your brand visibility online, and help you generate more revenue for your business.
If you’re not currently investing in a mobile advertising and marketing campaign, you could be missing out on tons of potential leads and sales.
Here are a few mobile advertising statistics that prove why mobile marketing is essential for your business:
- Mobile advertising spending is expected to surpass $339 million by 2023
- 78% of local mobile searches result in an in-store purchase
- 61% of consumers say they are more likely to purchase from mobile-friendly sites
- 52% of PPC ad clicks come from mobile users
- In-app ad revenue is expected to rise by 6.2% for non-gaming apps and 19.1% for gaming apps
- Mobile generates 94% of Facebook’s advertising revenue
View More Mobile Marketing Statistics
Video advertising statistics
Video marketing and advertising is the process of filming, editing, and sharing videos to promote your business and products to your target audience. Videos can help increase the time users spend on your website and help make your content more beneficial to potential customers.
As a result, videos can help you rank higher on the search engine results pages.
People love to watch videos, and in most cases, prefer to click on a video rather than read a block of text. You can add videos to your email and social media campaigns and incorporate videos into your written content to help entice users to visit your website.
Are you still not convinced that you should be using videos in your digital advertising campaigns? Here are a few video advertising statistics that show how videos can help drive revenue and sales for your business:
- Video advertisements can increase conversions by 86%
- Brand association increases by 139% after watching a video
- At the start of their shopping process, 80% of shoppers watched a YouTube video related to their planned purchase
- 90% of users say that watching videos helps them make a purchasing decision
- Over 40% of global shoppers purchased products they discovered on YouTube
View More Video Advertising Statistics
Display advertising statistics
Display advertisements are one of the most popular forms of digital promotions. They can include banners, images, videos, buttons, and more.
Display ads are perfect for capturing the attention of your target audience and enticing them to click on your advertisement. As a result, they can help you increase your click-through rate (CTR) and conversions.
Here are some digital advertising statistics that can help you understand the benefits of display advertising:
- Photo and imagery posts are the most used content types to increase audience engagement
- S. advertisers spend more than $50 million on programmatic digital display advertising
- Ad placement and audience targeting are the top optimization tactics used by display advertisers today
Influencer advertising statistics
Influencer advertising and marketing is a form of word-of-mouth advertising that entails asking people whose opinions are trusted and valued by other consumers to share your message and promote your products and services.
With the increasing popularity and use of social media platforms, influencers are becoming more popular as consumers can share their opinions about brands and products with minimal effort.
Influencer advertising is a great way to promote your products and services online while increasing your brand visibility and reaching more potential consumers.
If that’s not convincing enough, here are a few influencer advertising statistics to show how you can boost the success of your business:
- 92% of people trust recommendations from other people over brands
- 81% of marketers say influencer advertising works
- Word of mouth advertising retains customers 37% better than other methods of advertising
Social media advertising statistics
Social media advertising is a digital marketing strategy that allows you to run paid advertisements on social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
Social media advertising is essential for expanding your target audience and reaching more consumers that you wouldn’t usually reach. And with several options to target a specific consumer group, you can make sure your ads reach the people most likely to make a purchase.
Along with growing your audience and reach online, here are some social media marketing statistics that prove just how beneficial advertising on social media can be:
- 7 in 10 Americans use social media
- Social media is one of the most common forms of marketing promotion, with 87% of marketers advertising on social media
- 74% of people use social media when making purchasing decisions
View More Social Media Advertising Statistics
Ready to learn more about digital advertising?
An effective digital advertising strategy can boost sales and revenue for your business. At WebFX, our team of experts has generated over $3 billion in revenue for our clients. With over 1000 client reviews and testimonials, we are a trusted partner for businesses around the world.
Are you ready to get started with digital advertising services? Contact us today to learn more about how we can drive results and propel your business to new heights.