Maria CarpenaEmerging Trends & Research Writer
- August 13, 2022
- 5 minute read
- Maria is an experienced marketing professional in both B2C and B2B spaces. She’s earned certifications in inbound marketing, content marketing, Google Analytics, and PR. Her favorite topics include digital marketing, social media, and AI. When she’s not immersed in digital marketing and writing, she’s running, swimming, biking, or playing with her dogs.
After exerting time and effort to produce a video, it’s time for the world to see it on YouTube. You want as many users as possible to watch it, of course, so before you hit publish, you wonder: What is the best time to post on YouTube?
This blog post will help answer this question, so you can tactically schedule your video uploads. After all, more than half (54%) of users say YouTube is important for helping them make purchasing decisions. This blog post will discuss:
- The best day and time to post on YouTube in 2023
- The worst day and time to post on YouTube
- How to find your channel’s best time to post on YouTube
- Is timing important when posting on YouTube?
- Other FAQs
Want more social media marketing tips? Download our free marketing guides.
The best day and time to post on YouTube in 2023
If your YouTube channel has not generated enough views to give you insights into when your viewers are most active, you can post on the days and times most YouTube users are online in 2023.
According to a social media trends report, the best days to post on YouTube are Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Meanwhile, the best times to post on these days are:
- Between 6pm and 9pm
- Between 3pm and 6pm
- Between 12pm and 3pm
These popular days of the week make sense because many of your users likely have time off from work and school on weekends. They have more time to watch videos on YouTube on those days.
Make sure you monitor your videos’ performance as you gain traction and regularly check your analytics.
The worst day and time to post on YouTube
Want to know the days you should avoid posting on YouTube? According to the same report, the worst day to post on YouTube is Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday are the second and third worst days to post on YouTube, respectively.
These unpopular weekdays make sense, especially if you’re a business-to-consumer (B2C) company. Your users likely have full-time jobs and school these days, resulting in less time to spend watching long-form videos.
The worst times to post on YouTube these days are:
- Between 6am and 9am
- Between 9pm and 12am
- Between 9am and 12pm
How to find your channel’s best time to post on YouTube
The ultimate guide to finding out the best day and time to post on your YouTube channel is in your Analytics dashboard by following these steps:
- Go to YouTube Studio.
- Click Analytics > Audience.
- Check out “When your viewers are most active.”
The best day to post on your YouTube channel is the day you have the most active users.
Meanwhile, the best time to post on YouTube is about two to three hours before you have the most active users online. Posting a few hours before your viewers are the most active will give YouTube time to index your video and show them to subscribers’ feeds.
Tip: Stick to a schedule of one video post per week. By regularly scheduling your videos each week, you create a consistent schedule for your current and new subscribers and give them something to look forward to weekly.
Is timing important when posting on YouTube?
In the short term, it’s important to nail the best time to post on your YouTube channel. By posting at a time when your viewers are most active, you reap these benefits:
- Your subscribers and new users get to watch your video in the first few hours.
- You quickly generate views.
- When your YouTube video post is optimized, you generate more traffic to your channel’s content, resulting in increased brand awareness, channel growth, and ultimately, conversions and revenue.
In the long term, however, timing is not as crucial and doesn’t affect the number of views it can gain in the next few months or years. YouTube SEO will help you increase your video views.
Optimize your video for the relevant keywords so that:
- Your video will show up as a suggested next video to an interested user.
- New users will discover it when they use the keywords as a search query.
Use your relevant keywords in the following fields:
FAQs on the best time to post on YouTube
Now that we’ve answered some of your burning questions, you may have some follow-up questions. Let’s go right in!
What is the best time to post on YouTube each day?
Let’s say you have a specific day you want to prime your subscribers for your video uploads, and you don’t have enough data on your views yet. You can post based on these broader trends on the best time to post on YouTube per day:
- Best time to post on Mondays: 2-4pm EST
- Best time to post on Tuesdays: 2-4pm EST
- Best time to post on Wednesdays: 2-4pm EST
- Best time to post on Thursdays: 12-3pm EST
- Best time to post on Fridays: 12-3pm EST
- Best time to post on Saturdays: 9-11am EST
- Best time to post on Sundays: 9-11am EST
How often should you post on YouTube?
Posting at least once a week at a consistent schedule is a good standard practice. Doing so will give you results and consistent growth.
The frequency of posting may vary per niche, though. Monitor your competitors’ posting activities to see the frequency that works for them and see if it’s resulting in growth.
Increase your YouTube video views and engagement with WebFX
If you need help finding out the best day and time to post on YouTube and increase your video views, tap WebFX. We are a full-service digital marketing agency that has generated over 165,000 social posts for our clients.
We’ve helped businesses increase brand awareness and revenue through YouTube and other digital marketing channels. We are excited to deliver results for your business, too.
Maria is an experienced marketing professional in both B2C and B2B spaces. She’s earned certifications in inbound marketing, content marketing, Google Analytics, and PR. Her favorite topics include digital marketing, social media, and AI. When she’s not immersed in digital marketing and writing, she’s running, swimming, biking, or playing with her dogs.
WebFX is a full-service marketing agency with 1000+ client reviews and a 4.9-star rating on Clutch! Find out how our expert team and revenue-accelerating tech can drive results for you! Learn more
- The Best Day and Time to Post on YouTube in 2023
- The Worst Day and Time to Post on YouTube
- How to Find Your Channel’s Best Time to Post on YouTube
- Is Timing Important when Posting on YouTube?
- FAQs on the Best Time to Post on YouTube
- What is the Best Time to Post on YouTube Each Day?
- How Often Should You Post on YouTube?
- Increase Your YouTube Video Views and Engagement with WebFX