- Published: May 26, 2022
- 5 min. read
WebFX TeamDigital Marketing Agency
- The WebFX team is made up of more than 450 subject matter experts in digital marketing, SEO, web design and web development, social media, and more. Together, they’ve helped WebFX’s clients earn more than $3 billion in revenue from the web — and that’s just in the past five years. @webfx
Since it first launched in 2016, TikTok has taken the social media world by storm. In the U.S. alone, TikTok usage has grown more than 85% over just the past few years, and its audience continues to grow.
People in the U.S. and worldwide are interested in the platform’s short, engaging videos and users can explore multiple creators’ content in minutes.
Social media marketing is a vital part of your overall digital marketing strategy and keeping up with the latest trends will help you boost engagement and views. When you leverage TikTok as part of your strategy, you can reach a broader audience and launch ads in minutes to reach your audience.
So how do you edit TikTok videos that generate attention and excitement? What’s the key to polishing your videos or even updating old ones to better fit your branding and audience’s needs?
On this page, we’ll dive into why these videos can be a significant advantage for your company and how to edit videos on TikTok that keep your viewers watching.
So, keep reading to learn more!
Why use TikTok videos as part of your marketing strategy?
Incorporating TikTok into your digital marketing approach can help expand your business’s reach in more ways than you might think.
The key advantages of investing in TikTok content as part of your strategy include:
- Increased engagement rates: Thanks to its unique format, TikTok tends to have higher engagement rates from followers than many other social media platforms. It’s ideal for getting more people interested in your brand.
- Expanded audience base: TikTok targets a range of audiences, including those who don’t spend much time on other social media platforms. This platform gives you access to potential clients you might not access via other online spaces.
- Improved consumer trust: When you’re generating fun, engaging content on TikTok, your message doesn’t feel so much like marketing — it’s a way to share what you have to offer in a more accessible way for your audience.
P.S. Need some inspiration for your TikTok videos? Check out our list of TikTok content ideas!
How to edit TikTok videos like a pro in 4 easy steps
If you decide to use TikTok for your marketing strategy, you might be wondering how to edit videos on TikTok that will look great and build up your followers.
Here’s how to edit TikTok videos in four easy steps:
1. Take time to photo edit
As you’re getting started with the editing process, take time to hone your saturation, brightness, and contrast settings to get the best quality output for viewers. Keep in mind that using good lighting during filming can be a significant asset in this process.
2. Include captions
In many cases, viewers may watch TikTok videos with the sound off, so consider adding captions to your content. That way, you can ensure your message gets across to your viewers. In addition, you can make your videos more accessible to a broader audience, regardless of how they’re watching.
3. Add special effects
From overlays to transitions to time effects, features you add to your videos can help keep them engaging and relevant. After you’ve uploaded your video, go to the “Effects” button on the right side of the screen and select the customizations you want to add.
4. Check the audiovisual quality
When you create a new video, invest in good audio and video production quality. It’s a great way to make a good first impression on new viewers and keep them coming back while supporting your brand’s professional image.
How to edit TikTok videos after you’ve posted them
While you can’t edit a TikTok video after posting it, you can save your current video and then upload it again with a different caption or other features. You’ll then need to delete your old video and post the new one.
Keep in mind that it’s best to make changes as soon as possible, so you don’t miss out on engagement.
How to edit TikTok videos: Best practices and tips
As you’re editing videos on TikTok, you’ll want to keep a few best practices in mind and incorporate key features like these:
- Choose brand-friendly topics: Select content topics that are engaging and capture your brand well. Whatever content you generate, try to incorporate information accurately to your image and mission.
- Consider how-to videos: If you’re looking for new content options, informative resources are always a great option that provides value for your audience.
- Foster audience engagement: Remember to take in feedback and hone your message based on what your audience wants most. You might also consider options like interactive live stream videos to boost interactions with viewers.
Want more inspiration for your TikTok strategy? Check out these 21 TikTok tips and tricks to elevate your videos!
Growing your social presence with WebFX is a walk in the park.
“WebFX allows growing your social media platforms to be stress-free! They are knowledgeable and adapt to your company needs!”Learn More About Our Social Media Services
Learn how to edit TikTok videos that drive revenue with WebFX
If you’re looking for ways to extend your company’s reach online and drive increased traffic and sales, consider WebFX!
We’re a social media management agency you can trust to provide personalized services grounded in years of industry experience. Whatever your growth goals for your company, we’re here to help you develop your brand and show more customers what you have to offer.
At WebFX, we provide a range of marketing solutions, including TikTok marketing and ad management. You’ll work with a dedicated account manager ready to address your specific goals and marketing needs.
We’re committed to helping drive results for your company, and we can back it up — we’re proud to have driven more than $6 billion in revenue for our clients in the past five years alone.
The WebFX team is made up of more than 450 subject matter experts in digital marketing, SEO, web design and web development, social media, and more. Together, they’ve helped WebFX’s clients earn more than $3 billion in revenue from the web — and that’s just in the past five years.@webfx
WebFX is a full-service marketing agency with 1000+ client reviews and a 4.9-star rating on Clutch! Find out how our expert team and revenue-accelerating tech can drive results for you! Learn more
- Why Use TikTok Videos As Part of Your Marketing Strategy?
- How to Edit TikTok Videos Like a Pro in 4 Easy Steps
- 1. Take Time to Photo Edit
- 2. Include Captions
- 3. Add Special Effects
- 4. Check the Audiovisual Quality
- How to Edit TikTok Videos After You’ve Posted Them
- How to Edit TikTok Videos: Best Practices and Tips
- Learn How to Edit TikTok Videos That Drive Revenue with WebFX