Lead generation is the process of turning people into patients for your OB/GYN practice. It helps you understand who you’re targeting, where you can find them, and how to appeal to their needs in a way that gets them to convert.
There are dozens of methods businesses use to generate new leads, and we gathered some of the best so you can start improving your reputation and growing your practice.
WebFX is an authority in digital marketing and lead generation strategies — our results speak for themselves. For more marketing tips in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter, Revenue Weekly. For now, let us show you our top secrets to successful lead generation.
Don’t miss our Marketing Manager Insider emails!
Join 200,000 smart marketers and get the month’s hottest marketing news and insights delivered straight to your inbox!
Enter your email below:
Inline Subscription Form – CTA 72
“*” indicates required fields
(Don’t worry, we’ll never share your information!)
For success in any form of marketing, you first need to understand to whom you’re advertising. Having a target audience can ensure you’re reaching the people most likely to convert into leads. For example, your OB/GYN clinic is likely not going to gain as many leads if you’re only reaching older men.
Start your strategy by creating patient personas, or profiles of imaginary people who fit the demographics you want to reach. Some examples for your practice might be:
- A couple looking for family planning advice.
- A young woman seeking contraceptive options and sexual health screenings.
- A middle-aged woman who needs preventative screenings.
When designing your personas, try to be as specific as possible. Give them names, hobbies, economic statuses, and anything else to help you better understand who you want to reach. For the best results, create a few personas to appeal to various demographics in your marketing plan.
Search engine optimization (SEO)
The purpose of search engine optimization (SEO) is to include words and phrases in content that will put your website on that coveted first page when someone searches on a search engine — most likely Google.
You can use SEO in site design, content marketing, meta descriptions, and anywhere you can add text to your social media profiles and websites. When you’re considering options for which keywords you’d like to target, keep these tips in mind:
- Include location in content: People worldwide use Google daily, so how do you ensure your website shows up in front of patients near you? Including location in your SEO keywords is one of the best ways to narrow down your competition and appeal to local audiences who can directly benefit from your services.
- Play up unique offerings: When you’re competing for popular keywords, it can be challenging to move past longstanding companies that have been optimizing their site and gaining credibility far longer than you. If you can advertise more specific services that aren’t as widely offered, leads will find you more easily.
Content marketing often goes hand-in-hand with SEO. It uses blog posts, social media posts, and articles to add helpful information to your website and increase your brand’s perceived usefulness. Content marketing gives you free rein to amp up your SEO and position your business as an authority in the industry — which can also improve your search engine results page (SERP) ranking.
As an OB/GYN clinic, you have endless possibilities of useful content in women’s health, family planning and sex education. With more SEO content on your website, you’ll target more keywords and rank higher on the SERPs.
Other ways you can optimize your content include:
- Internal and external linking: Internal linking means linking to other pages on your website within content, while external linking links to other, more authoritative websites. Combining both improves your credibility and opens the door for other websites to link out to your pages, resulting in more views on your pages.
- Adding other media forms: Most people visiting your website don’t want to read large chunks of text on a page. Break them up with images, videos, and other visual aids to increase their understanding and encourage them to stay on your site.
- Making a call to action (CTA): CTAs are a powerful tool in keeping people on your site, even when they’ve finished the article or page. Invite them to check out a related post or contact your team to learn more, and they have a new action to take that leads them further into the conversion funnel.
With email marketing, you can appeal to a large number of people simultaneously. It’s almost required these days that you have an email address, and when people permit you to contact them through it, you have a direct channel to reach them.
Sending regular emails ensures you stay on people’s minds, and when they need OB/GYN services, they’ll think of you immediately. You can update people on changes to your practice, send them newsletters about new blog posts you’ve added, and encourage awareness about special interests — for example, sending information about influential women during March, Women’s History Month.
Make sure people can sign up for email alerts on your website and at your office so patients can sign up and tell their friends!
37% of marketers say that generating high-quality leads was one of their biggest challenges.
We want to decrease that percentage.
WebFX can help you generate high-quality leads with a customized marketing strategy.Learn More About Lead Generation Services
Put your lead generation in the hands of experts at WebFX
Your OB/GYN clinic is crucial to the community, and we want to make sure everyone knows it. You’ve got enough to handle day-to-day without finding new ways to reach people. Let WebFX take care of your lead management so you can focus on the things that matter most to your clinic.
Our top-of-the-line lead management software lets you track your leads from their first interaction with your business. You can explore how people navigate your site, track when they’re most likely to choose your services, and see where you have the most room to improve.