When it comes to getting prospects to convert into clients, account-based marketing (ABM) is essential. It helps you implement personalized, targeted campaigns for specific accounts and prospects tailored to their interests and needs.
Not convinced that ABM is the right strategy for your business-to-business (B2B) company? We’ve compiled the ultimate list of 47 account-based marketing statistics of 2023 to show you how this strategy can help your business drive more revenue.
In our mind-blowing ABM stats list, we’ll explore:
- General ABM statistics
- Benefits of ABM statistics
- Challenges of ABM statistics
- Sales and marketing alignment ABM statistics
- Future of ABM statistics
So keep reading to learn more!
Bonus: Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter, Revenue Weekly, for even more free ABM tips and advice from our award-winning experts!
Account-based marketing statistics: General
How many marketers and B2B companies use ABM to reach their target audience? What techniques do ABM marketers use? If you’re curious about the latest account-based marketing trends, we’ve got you covered.
Check out these general account-based marketing statistics of 2023:
- The top two tactics used by ABM marketers are researching accounts and identifying target contacts (Source)
- The most common metric used to track ABM success is revenue won (Source)
- In the B2B industry, sales decisions depend on the opinion of about seven people of decision-makers on average (Source)
- On average, companies dedicate 29% of their marketing budget to ABM (Source)
- 94% of B2B marketers use ABM (Source)
- 90% of companies say the top goal of their ABM strategy is new business generation (Source)
- 71% of ABM marketers use marketing automation (Source)
- 70% of companies report using ABM (Source)
- 69% of organizations that use ABM have a dedicated ABM strategy leader (Source)
- 67% of brands leverage ABM (Source)
- 64% of ABM strategies have been launched in the past five years (Source)
- 61% of marketers tailor content to specific industries (Source)
- 57% of ABM marketers say they target 1000 accounts or less (Source)
- 56% of marketers tailor content to address prospects’ specific challenges and needs (Source)
- 56% of marketers say personalized content is key to a successful ABM strategy (Source)
- 55% tailor content to engage accounts in specific roles (Source)
- 43% of marketers say advanced data management is key to a successful ABM strategy (Source)
- 42% of marketers are personalizing their content to increase account engagement and form long-term relationships (Source)
- 38% is the average amount of accounts organizations will pursue at one time (Source)
Explore Inbound Marketing Statistics
Account-based marketing statistics: Benefits of ABM
From helping convert more prospects into current clients to boosting your revenue, there are several benefits of ABM for B2B companies.
Learn more about the ABM’s advantages with these impressive stats:
- 208% is how much revenue can increase with an ABM strategy (Source)
- 170% is the average value increase of annual contracts from ABM (Source)
- 97% of marketers say ABM delivers a higher return on investment (ROI) than other marketing strategies (Source)
- 91% of companies using ABM increase their average deal size, with 25% of those companies reporting an increase of over 50% (Source)
- 87% of ABM marketers say ABM outperforms other marketing initiatives (Source)
- 86% of marketers say ABM improves win rates (Source)
- 85% of marketers say ABM significantly benefited them in retaining and expanding their existing client relationships (Source)
- 84% of companies say they saw an improvement in their reputation after launching an ABM strategy (Source)
- 83% of marketers say ABM increases engagement with target accounts (Source)
- 80% of marketers say ABM improves customer lifetime value (Source)
- 79% of opportunities is attributed by companies to their ABM efforts (Source)
- 73% of total revenue is attributed by companies to their ABM efforts (Source)
- 62% of marketers say they can measure a positive impact after implement an ABM strategy (Source)
- 60% of companies report at least a 10% increase in revenue in year one of their ABM strategy (Source)
Account-based marketing statistics: Challenges of ABM
While ABM can help your company grow, some businesses might experience a few challenges along the way.
Working with an experienced account-based marketing agency is one of the best ways to ensure your ABM strategy runs smoothly and drives the best results for your company.
Check out these account-based marketing stats below:
- According to marketers, the most common challenge of ABM is delivering a personalized experience (Source)
- The top three challenges of ABM are delivering a personalized experience, knowing how to choose target accounts, and knowing what content to use (Source)
- 37% of marketers find it challenging to get adequate resources to dedicate toward ABM efforts (Source)
Account-based marketing statistics: Sales and marketing alignment
One of the biggest benefits of implementing an ABM strategy is that it helps you align your sales and marketing teams to work together to close more deals for your business.
Explore mind-blowing sales and marketing alignment stats below:
- 82% of B2B marketers say ABM greatly improves sales and marketing team alignment (Source)
- 67% is how much your deal closing rate can increase with sales and marketing team alignment (Source)
- 50% is how much wasted sales time can be reduced on unproductive prospecting with ABM (Source)
- 36% is how much your customer retention rate can increase with marketing and sales team alignment from ABM efforts (Source)
- 20% of accounts targeted with ABM become qualified sales opportunities (Source)
- 6% is how much more likely you are to exceed your revenue goals by aligning your sales and marketing teams with ABM (Source)
Account-based marketing statistics: Future of ABM
Are you wondering how the latest account-based marketing trends will change in the future? Check out these impressive Account-based marketing statistics for 2023 below:
- Global ABM market is expected to surpass $1.6 billion by 2027 (Source)
- 150% is how much ABM efforts are expected to grow amongst B2B companies (Source)
- 80% of marketers intend to increase their ABM budget (Source)
- 49% of marketers have shifted their objectives to focus more on growing their business with existing accounts (Source)
- 34% of marketing professionals plan to use ABM in the future (Source)
WebFX specializes in B2B client success.
Wheeler Machinery Co., saw 82% higher average time on site after partnering with WebFX for SEO, CRO, web design and development, and website content services.See Case Study
Inspired by these ABM stats?
Inspired by these account-based marketing stats? Ready to start your own campaign but don’t have the time or resources to manage it? WebFX can help!
Our account-based marketing agency specializes in helping B2B companies like yours attract and convert new clients so you can earn more revenue.
In fact, in the past few years alone, we’ve driven over $3 billion in revenue for clients. And we can help your company achieve your business goals too.
Want to learn more about how our account-based marketing services can propel your business to new heights? Contact us online to chat with us by calling 888-601-5359. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Join our mission to provide industry-leading digital marketing services to businesses around the globe - all while building your personal knowledge and growing as an individual.