PPC for Pest Control Companies [3+ Tips for Pest Control PPC]
Did you know that you can receive $8 for every $1 spent on PPC ads?
If you haven’t invested in PPC for pest control companies, you’re missing a prime opportunity to grow your company online. With PPC, you can obtain more qualified leads that turn into conversions for your business.
So, how can you make the most of your PPC campaign for pest control?
On this page, we’ll provide you with four tips for running a successful PPC campaign. Additionally, we’ll show you what you can expect when you partner with a PPC company like WebFX.
4 tips for running a successful pest control PPC campaign
If you want to get started with PPC advertising for pest control companies, here are four tips to help you launch a successful campaign.
1. Focus on long-tail keywords
To run a PPC campaign that drives results for your pest control company, you’ll want to focus on long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords contain three or more words, like “pest control company in Los Angeles” or “pest control company near me.”
These keywords are better for your campaign because they enable you to attract more qualified leads. If someone searches “pest control company in Los Angeles,” you know precisely what they want to find.
But if someone searches “pest” or “pest control,” it’s more challenging to understand the search intent behind those keywords. They could be looking for a pest control company, but they could also be looking for a list of common pests, bug killer products, or something similar.
Long-tail keywords ensure that you’re targeting people who are searching for terms related to your business.
Additionally, long-tail keywords are better for your campaign because they have less competition. These keywords have less competition because they’re more specific, so fewer companies bid on those keywords.
As a result, it keeps your cost-per-click (CPC) low, so you can get more clicks for your budget.
2. Set up a unique landing page for each campaign
Another critical component of PPC for pest control companies is creating individual landing pages.
A landing page is the unique page that a user arrives on when they click your ad.
You’ll want to set up an individual landing page for each campaign, so your audience gets personalized information based on the product or service advertised in the ad that they clicked.
So, for example, let’s say you’re targeting “bed bug pest control” and “groundhog pest control.” In this case, you wouldn’t use the same generic landing page for both campaigns.
Instead, for the “beg bug pest control” keyword, you would create a landing page that focuses on your bed bug services. Likewise, the “groundhog pest control” page would focus on your groundhog removal services.
An effective landing page should include the following:
- A description of the product or service you’re advertising (it should be the same product or service that you pictured in the ad)
- Cost of the product or service
- A call-to-action that encourages site visitors to take the next step (like “hire now” or “contact us”)
In addition to creating a unique landing page, it’s also important that your ad copy and landing page match.
Here’s an example of a PPC ad for the keyword “bed bug pest control.”
When you see this ad, what would you expect to see on the landing page?
In this case, you would expect to see a page that details the company’s bed bug services. Since the ad copy focuses on how they eliminate bed bugs in a day, the landing page should provide further information about their extermination process, as well as how they complete it in a day.
Your landing page must correlate with the information in your ad. People click on your ad because they think it’s relevant to their needs. You’ll only sweeten the deal by providing them with even more relevant information on your landing page.
3. Use ad extensions
When you’re doing pest control PPC, you want to make sure that you’re making the best ad for your business. One way to take your ads to the next level is to use ad extensions. Ad extensions enable you to provide additional information in your ad, which can compel more people to click on your ad.
You can use numerous ad extensions, including:
- Structured snippets extensions: Can add additional information about your services.
- Sitelink extensions: Enable you to add additional links to important pages.
- Callout extensions: Highlights great attributes of your business.
- Call extensions: Add a phone number to your listing to generate calls.
- Location extensions: Adding your business’s location to your ad.
- And more
Ad extensions take your ads to the next level by enabling you to provide more valuable information for your audience. This additional information can help you earn more clicks, and therefore, more customers.
4. Track your campaign
If you’re going to invest the time, money and effort into running a PPC campaign, you want to ensure it’s driving results. You want to track your campaign to ensure that the strategies you use are working for your business.
When you run a PPC campaign, you want to monitor metrics like:
- Clickthrough rate (CTR)
- Cost per conversion
- And more
Monitoring these metrics will help you see if your ads are driving results and enable you to make changes to improve your campaign.
Partnering with WebFX for your PPC: What to expect
As you look into PPC advertising for pest control companies, you may find that you don’t have the time to dedicate to creating an effective campaign. Instead of neglecting your PPC campaign or nixing it all together, you can partner with a PPC company like WebFX.
At WebFX, we’ll provide you with everything you need to run a successful PPC campaign, including:
- A custom PPC strategy: You’ll get a strategy that’s unique to your business.
- Keyword targeting: We’ll help you target relevant keywords for your pest control company.
- Keyword development and tweaking: We’ll help you discover new keywords to target and tweak your current keywords to maximize your results.
- Ad copy development: Our team will help you create ad copy that generates more interest and clicks on your ads.
- Google Analytics integration: When you partner with WebFX, we’ll help you set up your Google Analytics account so you can track your campaign’s progress.
- Strategic bid management: We’ll help you continuously optimize your bid to ensure you get the most from your budget.
- Website call tracking: We’ll track up to 100 phone calls each month to help you understand what’s driving people to contact your business. Our program CallTrackerFX makes it easy for you to track phone calls.
- And more
With PPC management for pest control companies, you can reap the benefits of having a PPC campaign without ever lifting a finger.
Invest in PPC for pest control companies today
Pest control PPC is a great method for you to earn more valuable leads for your business. When you don’t have the time to dedicate to PPC, you can rely on a PPC expert, like WebFX, to help you launch and manage your campaign.
Our team of over 200 experts is ready to help your business succeed.
You can count on us to drive valuable results with your PPC campaign. In the past five years, we’ve driven over $2.4 billion in sales and over 6.3 million leads for our clients.