SEO Tips for Drupal
On this page, we’ll take a look at some search engine optimization (SEO) tips you can use to improve your Drupal site and help your business earn higher rankings in search engine results.
You can also contact us online or call 888-601-5359 today to speak with one of our experts and receive a free SEO evaluation!
Let’s get started!
What is Drupal?
Drupal is a free, open source software that allows users to easily create and manage websites. It includes a content management platform and development framework.
Using Drupal, you can create:
- Personal, corporate, and ecommerce websites
- Resource directories
SEO tips for Drupal
Next, we’ll take a look at some SEO tips you can implement on your Drupal site.
Start with keyword research
For any SEO campaign to be successful, you need to start by conducting keyword research. And optimizing your Drupal site is no different.
Keyword research allows you to discover the terms and phrases people search online when looking for your products and services. Then, you can incorporate those keywords in your content and key places on your site, like your title tags, headings, and meta descriptions.
You can start by using tools like KeywordsFX and Keyword Tool to help you get an idea of the terms people search to find your business.
Optimize your URLs
By default, Drupal gives all of its URLs an ID instead of a readable URL. For example, they might look like this: http://www.example.com/?q=node/43.
In order to optimize your URLs, you need to enable clean URLs in your system settings. This will take your page titles and turn them into readable URLs.
URLs describe your website and pages to search engines and visitors. Keeping them relevant and compelling can help you attract more visitors and achieve higher rankings in search engine results.
Install helpful modules
On Drupal.org, you can find tons of helpful modules to help you optimize your site. Here are just a few:
- Metatag: The metatag module allows you to create custom meta descriptions for the pages on your website. This helps search engines understand the content on your pages, which can help ensure your content appears in relevant searches.
- XML sitemap: This module allows you to create an XML sitemap that makes it easy for search engines to find and index pages on your site. You can also submit your sitemap to top search engines.
- Site map: With the site map module, you can create a plan text version of your sitemap. You can also use this module to display the RSS feeds for all blogs and categories.
- Page title: The page title module allows you to set custom titles for each of your pages, which can help boost your SEO efforts and rankings in search results.
- Content optimizer: With this module, you can ensure that your content conforms to Drupal SEO best practices. It also provides analysis of your pages to ensure that you follow SEO best practices.
- SEO checklist: This module provides you with access to a checklist and links to download the modules you need to ensure your Drupal site is optimized for search engines.
Set up Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools
Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools can help you pull and interpret valuable data from your website.
Getting these tools hooked up and running data on your Drupal site can help you make important business decisions and improve your SEO efforts to rank even higher in search results.
Keep your site updated
Both search engines and humans love fresh content, and you need to keep your site updated regularly in order to maintain your rankings.
Drupal makes it easy to keep your site updated with various types of content. For example, you can add case studies, client testimonials, videos, infographics, and blog posts to keep your site as dynamic as possible. This will help to ensure that search bots come back to your site to crawl and index new pages.
SEO plans from WebFX
At WebFX, we provide custom SEO services that can take your Drupal site to the next level.
When you work with us, you’ll receive access to our team of Internet marketers, ranked #1 in the US for organic search engine optimization.
We believe in transparency, so we published our SEO plans and pricing online to help you select the option that’s right for your business.
Want to learn more?
Interested in learning more about how a custom SEO plan from WebFX can help your Drupal site achieve higher rankings in search results, attract more customers, and earn more revenue?
Contact us today to speak with a strategist and create a plan that matches your business goals.
We’re excited to work with you!
Marketing Tips for Niche Industries
- 5 Incredible SEO Tips for Optometry
- SEO for Pavers: 7 Tips to Help You Drive Results
- 10 Easy Ways to Boost SEO for Yoga Studios
- HVAC SEO Services: SEO for HVAC Contractors & Companies
- SEO for Orthodontists: Increase Patients with Orthodontist SEO
- Everything to Know About SEO for Assisted and Senior Living Facilities
- SEO for Outpatient Care Centers
- SEO for Auctioneers: An Introduction
- SEO for Building Material Suppliers: Top 5 Tips for Building Supply SEO
How is your website’s SEO?
Use our free tool to get your score calculated in under 60 seconds.