Online Recruitment Marketing Guide: Recruitment & Social Media
Table of Contents:
Using the Internet to Attract & Hire Talented Employees
- What is recruitment marketing?
- How to create a recruitment marketing strategy
- Creating recruitment-focused content
- Recruitment marketing and social media
- Recruitment lead management
It’s also worth mentioning that as you build your following on social media, your ability to reach applicants grows exponentially. Highlighting employment opportunities next to photos that showcase a great work environment encourages your followers to pass those opportunities onto their job-seeking friends and family.
Select your platforms
The first step in using social media for recruitment is selecting which platforms you want to use. There are a variety to choose, but in most cases, it’s best to start with Facebook and LinkedIn.
Facebook is a logical choice because it’s the most widely-used platform in the world. This means that if a potential applicant takes to social media to learn about your company, it’s a likely starting point.
Plus, considering Facebook’s popularity, there’s a good chance your company already has an active account, and you won’t need to learn a new platform or build a following from scratch.
LinkedIn, on the other hand, doesn’t have quite the extensive user base as Facebook – but in terms of recruitment marketing, most of your best candidates probably use it. This is especially true if they’re actively searching for jobs, as many companies post their open positions on LinkedIn and use it as a recruiting tool.
Show your company culture
One of the biggest advantages of social media is that you can use it to show customers and job-seekers a less formal side of your company. As far as recruitment is concerned, this is a huge opportunity.
You don’t have to post culture-related content every day, but aim for 1-2 posts per week with photos of company events, employee achievements, or day-to-day life in your office. These posts may not seem all that exciting to you, but they’re invaluable to potential applicants looking for a better understanding of your company.
You should also use your social accounts to highlight company achievements. This can be as simple as taking a few minutes to post whenever you earn an award, complete a big project, or hit a major milestone.
This not only shows potential applicants that you’re a successful company, but it also reassures customers and clients that they made the right choice in partnering with you.
Run targeted ad campaigns
In addition to creating and posting free, organic content, you can also run paid ad campaigns with your social accounts.
If you’ve never run ads on social media, the idea of spending money on free platforms might not sound like a good one – but thanks to amount of user data these platforms collect, they offer extremely precise targeting to advertisers like you.
On Facebook, for example, you can create ads that link directly to your employment page and target them to users based on education, location, and interests. You can set the location to a certain radius of your company (ex. within 100 miles), and the interests your industry (ex. Internet marketing) to reach the right people.
With LinkedIn, the options are even better for recruiters. You can target your ads based on job title, industry, skills, degrees, and more – meaning that you’re reaching the exact applicants you want when they’re actively browsing a career-based social network.
Go Back Next: Recruitment Lead Management
Table of Contents
- What is Recruitment Marketing?
- 5 Recruitment Marketing Ideas for Attracting Top Talent
- Glassdoor vs. Indeed for Recruitment
- How to Use LinkedIn Carousel Ads to Power Recruitment Campaigns
- Best Applicant Tracking Systems: Six Top Recruitment Software Options
- Recruit Employees Online
- 5 Successful Ways to Recruit Employees with Internet Marketing
Marketing Tips for Niche Industries
- 3 Ways to Use Augmented Reality for Your Manufacturing Business
- Top 3 Digital Marketing Methods for Restaurant Supply Companies
- Digital Marketing for Delivery Services
- Top 3 Digital Marketing Methods for Painters
- Digital Marketing for Commercial Refrigeration Companies
- Digital Marketing for Accountants: 5 Tactics That Work
- 3+ Pest Control Marketing Strategies for Generating Leads
- 5 Successful Branding Tips for Manufacturers
- The Digital Transformation of Manufacturing Marketing