Facebook Advertising 101: Ad Creation
Step 1: Create a page for your company
Step 2: Create a Facebook campaign
Step 3: Create your ad objective
Step 4: Add all relevant information
Step 5: Create your ad set
Step 6: Add all relevant information
Step 7: Create your ad set
Step 8: Review your ads reach
Step 9: Continue to ad creative
Step 10: Choose your ad’s appearance
Step 11: Select to add image or video
Step 12: Connect your ad to your page
Step 13: Create a concise, descriptive headline and text
Step 14: Choose your call to action
Step 15: Determine your audience
Step 16: Determine ad placement
Step 17: Review your order
Step 18: Track your ad’s performance; how much do you average for a new conversion / email subscriber?
- Look at your profit from one customer
- Compare to your ad cost
- Divide profit / ad cost
- Look at the resulting number (X)
- That means if 1 / X people buy your product from ads, your ads are profitable
Step 19: Adapt and improve based on your data
As you review your ad performance, you should keep in mind that conversion rates from Facebook traffic are often less than 1%.
That means that if 1000 people view your ad, fewer than 10 of them will likely convert into paying customers.
But that’s only an average, and you can improve your conversion rate by repeatedly testing and optimizing your ads.
Plus, you have to start somewhere. And the sooner you start, the sooner you can work on improving your campaigns for the best possible results. With that in mind, it’s in your company’s best interest to start advertising on Facebook as soon as possible.
Now that you have the basics down, let’s look at the specific requirements for ads on Facebook.
Get help with Facebook advertising
- Step 1: Create a Page for Your Company
- Step 2: Create a Facebook Campaign
- Step 3: Create Your Ad Objective
- Step 4: Add All Relevant Information
- Step 5: Create Your Ad Set
- Step 6: Add All Relevant Information
- Step 7: Create Your Ad Set
- Step 8: Review Your Ads Reach
- Step 9: Continue to Ad Creative
- Step 10: Choose Your Ad’s Appearance
- Step 11: Select to Add Image or Video
- Step 12: Connect Your Ad to Your Page
- Step 13: Create a Concise, Descriptive Headline and Text
- Step 14: Choose Your Call to Action
- Step 15: Determine Your Audience
- Step 16: Determine Ad Placement
- Step 17: Review Your Order
- Step 18: Track Your Ad’s Performance; How Much Do You Average for a New Conversion / Email Subscriber?
- Step 19: Adapt and Improve Based on Your Data
- Get Help with Facebook Advertising