- Published: Jul 25, 2023
- Last Updated: Jan 11, 2024
- 6 min. read
Maria CarpenaEmerging Trends & Research Writer
- Maria is an experienced marketing professional in both B2C and B2B spaces. She’s earned certifications in inbound marketing, content marketing, Google Analytics, and PR. Her favorite topics include digital marketing, social media, and AI. When she’s not immersed in digital marketing and writing, she’s running, swimming, biking, or playing with her dogs.
What is content intelligence?
Content marketing is one of the most effective marketing strategies to establish your credibility, gain your target audience’s trust, and help prospects find your business through search engines. In fact, 72% of businesses say that content marketing increases leads.
How do you know if your content marketing efforts are driving results? In addition, how is your content strategy performing against your competitors?
Enter content intelligence, which sheds light on how your content resonates with your target audience. If you want to learn more about this strategy, you’re in the right place. This blog post will cover these topics:
- What is content intelligence?
- Why is content intelligence important?
- How to choose a content intelligence platform
- 3 content intelligence platforms you can use
Don’t miss our Marketing Manager Insider emails!
Join 200,000 smart marketers and get the month’s hottest marketing news and insights delivered straight to your inbox!
Enter your email below:
Inline Subscription Form – CTA 72
“*” indicates required fields
(Don’t worry, we’ll never share your information!)
What is content intelligence?
Content intelligence is a tactic of using AI- and machine learning-powered software so you can process your content’s data and turn them into valuable insights that will inform your content strategy.
Why is content intelligence important?
Content marketing is a strategy that 82% of marketers actively use.
Which blog posts attracted prospects to sign up as leads? Are your videos attracting your target audience to engage with your business?
Content intelligence can answer these questions and more! It can also:
- Measure how different types of content will perform with your target audience: Using machine learning and AI algorithms, content intelligence can process your content data and your competitors’ content to determine the different types of content your prospects like to consume.
- Discover the content topics that effectively convert your prospects: Content intelligence can draw insights from content data to understand the content topics that your prospects seek. It can draw insights from various sources such as search volumes, your pages or videos with the most views, or your competitor’s most popular blog post.
- Provide insights on your competitor’s content: To stay ahead, it’s important to keep tabs on your competitor’s strategies. Our content intelligence tool, ContentGeniusFX, can scrape data about the ranking pages for a search term relevant to your business, analyze the data, and provide recommendations on how you can outrank your competition.
- Perform extensive data analysis on your content in real-time: Marketers like you have other tasks besides tracking your content’s performance, so content intelligence can do the work for you — tracking the critical metrics, processing them, and presenting them in a dashboard you can quickly look at when you need to.
- Automate certain parts of your process, such as classifying topics: Some content intelligence tools help you automate some parts of your content creation process. Others can automate the content promotion process or other tasks, such as classifying blog posts per topic.
How to choose a content intelligence platform
Now that you know what content intelligence is and its benefits, here are a few things to think about before you choose a content intelligence platform:
- Identify the pain points that you’re trying to solve with a content intelligence platform
- Look for content intelligence tools that address your needs
- Consider a content intelligence platform you can use as you scale
- Create a plan on how you’ll use and integrate the platform with your existing martech stack
Let’s go through each one:
1. Identify the pain points that you’re trying to solve with a content intelligence platform
Are you looking for an AI tool to automate certain parts of the content creation process? Or are you using a content intelligence platform to help you with organizing data, uncovering trends, and data analysis?
Be clear about the problems that your content intelligence platform must solve so you can shortlist tools that fit your needs.
2. Look for content intelligence tools that address your needs
Make a shortlist of content intelligence tools capable of solving your pain points. Research the tools’ features.
You may come across content intelligence tools offering more features than you need. While those extra features are nice, focus on your needs and content strategies.
3. Consider a content intelligence platform you can use as you scale
This tip might sound like it’s contracting the previous tip. AI tools like content intelligence platforms are meant to help your business grow, so aside from choosing a platform that addresses your immediate needs, look for one that can perform some level of automation.
To remain competitive as you scale, you may also need a content intelligence platform that can draw out insights from your competitors’ data.
4. Create a plan on how you’ll use and integrate the platform with your existing martech stack
How will you integrate the content intelligence platform with your martech stack and processes? Have a plan on how you’ll train your team members to use it. This ensures that you’ll get the most value from your AI investment.
3 content intelligence platforms you can use
Here are three content intelligence tools you can check out:
Let’s take a look at each content intelligence platform:
ContentGeniusFX is part of our proprietary marketing growth platform MarketingCloudFX. Powered by IBM Watson technology, ContentGeniusFX is an SEO content creation and analysis tool that can provide insights on how to outrank your competitors. It has helped our clients increase organic traffic by 10%!
Curata’s content curation software lets you find your competitor’s best-performing content and provides insights into why it appeals to your audience. Curata can scrape data on the web and display them in a dashboard that provides valuable insights.
You can also share your content through different channels using Curata.
Contently helps you with your content strategy using StoryBook, its proprietary technology that analyzes and predicts content that will help your business. It provides content recommendations that resonate with your audience, including the right tone and voice.
This content intelligence platform also has analytics, informing you of your best-performing and revenue-driving content.
We’re masters of our craft.
WebFX is a marketing and design industry leader.
Meta, Amazon, and Google Partner
blog posts written
industries worked in
Google Certified team members
Fuel your strategy with insights from content intelligence
Content marketing is an effective strategy to reach new customers and nurture existing ones so you can grow your business. Content intelligence can help your business scale and take it to new heights.
If you’re looking for a team of content marketing experts equipped with content intelligence tools, consider teaming up with WebFX. We’re a full-service digital marketing agency with over 500 team members who have helped our clients develop content strategies with over 65+ content types.
In addition, you get to use our content intelligence platform ContentGeniusFX bundled with our proprietary growth platform, MarketingCloudFX, so you can track your important content metrics that are contributing to your bottom-line growth.
Maria is an experienced marketing professional in both B2C and B2B spaces. She’s earned certifications in inbound marketing, content marketing, Google Analytics, and PR. Her favorite topics include digital marketing, social media, and AI. When she’s not immersed in digital marketing and writing, she’s running, swimming, biking, or playing with her dogs.
WebFX is a full-service marketing agency with 1000+ client reviews and a 4.9-star rating on Clutch! Find out how our expert team and revenue-accelerating tech can drive results for you! Learn more
- What is Content Intelligence?
- Why is Content Intelligence Important?
- How to Choose a Content Intelligence Platform
- 1. Identify the Pain Points That You’re Trying to Solve with a Content Intelligence Platform
- 2. Look for Content Intelligence Tools That Address Your Needs
- 3. Consider a Content Intelligence Platform You Can Use As You Scale
- 4. Create a Plan on How You’ll Use and Integrate the Platform with Your Existing Martech Stack
- 3 Content Intelligence Platforms You Can Use
- 1. ContentGeniusFX
- 2. Curata
- 3. Contently
- Fuel Your Strategy with Insights from Content Intelligence
Looking for More?
Get expert ideas, industry updates, case studies, and more straight to your inbox to help you level up and get ahead.
"*" indicates required fields