- Published: Jun 13, 2023
- 9 min. read
Macy StormSenior Content Creator
- Macy is a marketing writer with over five years of experience creating content for dozens of industries including food and beverage, home services, and education. She also specializes in creating SEO and PPC content. Her work has been featured by Search Engine Journal, HubSpot, Entrepreneur, Clutch, and more. In her free time, Macy enjoys trying new crafts and reading comic books.
The best social management tools are Buffer, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, SocialPilot, and Tweetdeck. View our full list of top tools for social media management below!
Got social media management tools? Learn which ones should make your tech stack with this compilation of the best social media management tools of 2024 for businesses!
Let’s get started!
Growing your social presence with WebFX is a walk in the park.
“WebFX allows growing your social media platforms to be stress-free! They are knowledgeable and adapt to your company needs!”Learn More About Our Social Media Services
The 5 best social media management tools for 2024
If you’re looking for the top social media management tools, check out these five options:
1. Buffer – Best for scheduling social media content
Price: Starting at $6 per month per social channel
Buffer is a great social media management tool for your business. This top social media management platform is used by companies like Microsoft, Trello, and Shopify.
As you can see above, Buffer offers numerous plans to fit your business’s needs. The cost for each plan increases with the number of social accounts and the number of users on your account.
You can use Buffer with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
This social media management software tool has many impressive features to offer your business, including:
- Publishing queue: Buffer allows you to schedule and ad posts to a queue. You can schedule posts and Buffer will automatically publish them for you at your preferred times.
- Engagement: Buffer offers a reply feature that enables you to reply to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram comments. It costs extra to add this to your plan, but it’s a great way to interact with your audience through your social profiles.
- Analytics: Whenever you run a social campaign, you want to monitor the results to know it’s working. With Buffer’s analytics, you can see how your posts are performing and understand how to improve your results.
- Team features: Buffer allows you to add multiple team members to your campaign so more people can work on it. You can have up to 25 team members and grant them different access levels depending upon their position.
Buffer is one of the best tools for social media management your business can use for your campaign.
2. Sprout Social – Best for managing reviews
Price: Starting at $99 per user per month
Sprout Social is another top social media management tool.
Companies like Glassdoor, American Lung Association, and GrubHub utilize this tool for their social campaigns. It’s one of the top social media management tools that supports Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
When you use Sprout Social, you can schedule, monitor, and analyze your campaign’s results.
Here’s what you can expect from Sprout Social:
- Analytics: Sprout Social allows you to analyze your campaign’s performance. It gives businesses the ability to view individual statistics on each post. This lets you break down your posts to see how they are performing, and which ones engage your audience the most.
- Social inbox: With this social tool, you get a social inbox. You can filter messages and respond as necessary.
- Social monitoring: Sprout social is great for monitoring each social network. It also allows you to track your brand on social media by using keyword searching features.
- Engagement: You can easily scale and monitor your campaign’s engagement with a unified inbox. The tool helps you to see how your campaigns perform across all platforms.
Sprout Social is a viable option for your social media management needs.
3. Hootsuite – Best for analytics and monitoring incoming messages
Price: Starting at $49 per month
Hootsuite is one of the best tools for social media management for companies today. This big-name social media management tool has clients such as Visa, PennMutual, and Accor Hotels.
You can obtain this tool through numerous types of packages. Each package offers either a 30-day trial or a demo, which allows you to test the program before you use it. It’s a great way to see if it’s the right tool for your business.
This top social media marketing tool connects with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and WordPress.
Hootsuite is one of the longest-standing social media management software and for good reason. It offers several fantastic features for you and your business:
- Applications: You will organization, scheduling, and RSS integration with this tool. One of the best features is the ability to upload your content in bulk. This means you can upload and schedule dozens of posts in one shot.
- Content curation: Hootsuite makes it easy for you to find and manage compelling content on social media. You can manage text posts and photos that are posted on social media platforms.
- Analytics: You’ll get great insight into your campaign’s performance with Hootsuite’s analytics. You can see how your campaigns are performing on different social media sites.
- Team management: Hootsuite allows you to assign team members to tasks and approve their workflows. It gives you more control over your team and how they work.
Hootsuite is an excellent social media marketing platfrom to help you manage a variety of social platforms.
4. SocialPilot – Best for auto-publishing
Price: Starting at $42.50 per month/month
SocialPilot is another great social media marketing tool you can use to manage your social campaigns.
This tool connects with big platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Tumblr.
Here are a few features you can expect to see from SocialPilot:
- Bulk-publishing: Similar to Hootsuite, SocialPilot allows you to publish multiple social media posts at a time to make it easy for your busy schedule.
- Auto-publishing: SocialPilot will automatically publish your scheduled posts for you too.
- Analytics: You can easily analyze, monitor, and report your social media performance with this tool. SocialPilot offers analytics tools that monitor your campaign. You can download this data into one, simple PDF to help you understand your results.
- Inboxing: With SocialPilot, you can be on top of all your conversations. SocialPilot makes it easy for you to respond to comments, messages, and posts across Facebook pages. You can moderate your pages in real-time.
SocialPilot is a great social media management tool to help you manage your campaigns.
5. Tweetdeck- Best for monitoring competitors’ activities and social listening
If your customers frequently use Twitter and engage with you through this social media platform, consider using Tweetdeck.
A Twitter-owned management software, Tweetdeck lets you easily monitor interactions and engage with your followers.
This software also lets you customize your view with columns, so you can have a feed dedicated to all accounts you follow and another feed to track a trending topic. You can set up another column to monitor your competitors’ activities. You can schedule tweets and respond to messages from Tweetdeck, too.
Our methodology: How we picked the top social management tools
When choosing our list of the top tools for social media management, we considered various factors, including each platform’s:
- Ease of use
- Customer support
- Pricing plans
- User interface
- And more
Social management tools FAQs
Get answers to common questions about software for social media management here!
What are social media management tools?
Social media management tools are applications that let users manage one or more social media profiles across one or more platforms in a single dashboard. With such a tool, you can:
- Create, schedule, and publish content on your profiles
- Monitor your published posts
- Engage with your followers
- Measure performance with analytics
How do you choose the best social management tools?
To choose the best tool to manage your social media accounts, consider following these steps:
- Think about your goals: What do you want to accomplish with your social media campaign? Keeping your goal in mind will help you choose a tool that will help you achieve it.
- Consider your needs: What do you need from your tool? Do you want to track campaign metrics? Would you like to organize and schedule your posts? Knowing your needs will enable you to find a platform that satisfies them.
- Establish your budget: How much are you able to pay for your tool? Establishing a budget will ensure you don’t choose a platform that will break the bank.
- Narrow down your options and make a selection: Now that you’ve established your goals, needs, budget, you can begin to research tools that have everything you need. Make a list of tools you like and take advantage of any free trials to test them out before making your final decision.
How much does social media management software cost?
Social media management software can cost anywhere from $5 to over $400 per month, depending on the tool you choose. It’s also important to note that there are many free platforms and plans available.
74% of people use social media when making a purchasing decision.
Make their decision easy with a stellar social media presence. See how your brand can level up by requesting a no-obligation proposal today.
One of our experts will be in touch within 24 hours!
Need more than social media management software?
The right social media management tools will make managing and launching your social media campaign easier for you and your team. You’ll reach more valuable leads and manage your campaign better.
Macy is a marketing writer with over five years of experience creating content for dozens of industries including food and beverage, home services, and education. She also specializes in creating SEO and PPC content. Her work has been featured by Search Engine Journal, HubSpot, Entrepreneur, Clutch, and more. In her free time, Macy enjoys trying new crafts and reading comic books.
WebFX is a full-service marketing agency with 1000+ client reviews and a 4.9-star rating on Clutch! Find out how our expert team and revenue-accelerating tech can drive results for you! Learn more
- The 5 Best Social Media Management Tools for 2024
- 1. Buffer – Best for Scheduling Social Media Content
- 2. Sprout Social – Best for Managing Reviews
- 3. Hootsuite – Best for Analytics and Monitoring Incoming Messages
- 4. SocialPilot – Best for Auto-publishing
- 5. Tweetdeck- Best for Monitoring Competitors' Activities and Social Listening
- Our Methodology: How We Picked the Top Social Management Tools
- Social Management Tools FAQs
- Need More Than Social Media Management Software?