Social media is one of the best places to connect with your audience — and one of the greatest benefits of social media for business is the expansive user base. Nearly 3.5 billion people around the globe use social media platforms to connect with family and friends, buy products, and read important news. If you leverage your social media platforms correctly, you can reap the following benefits:
- Increased brand awareness
- Higher engagement rates
- More conversions and sales
- And more
However, managing your social media accounts, especially if you have more than one, can be a daunting task when you’re trying to run a business. That said, there are numerous benefits of social media management that you can take advantage of by hiring a social media marketing agency. On this page, we’ll talk about social media management for business, as well as the benefits of social media management for your business.
If you’d like to speak with a specialist about WebFX’s social media marketing services, feel free to give us a call at 888-601-5359!
74% of people use social media when making a purchasing decision.
Make their decision easy with a stellar social media presence. See how your brand can level up by requesting a no-obligation proposal today.
One of our experts will be in touch within 24 hours!
What is social media management for business?
Social media management is a service offered by marketing agencies that allows you to put your social media presence in the hands of professionals. Social media management for business allows you to focus on running your business, while professional social media marketers handle your entire social presence on a variety of platforms.
What does a social media management agency do?
When you leave your social presence in the hands of a social media management agency, you’ll have time to run your business. A social media management agency, like WebFX, will:
- Assess and improve your current presence on social platforms
- Create a social media content calendar to ensure that your presence is consistent
- Create unique posts for each platform
- Analyze your social media performance
- Reply to messages and respond to comments
- Help you set up and benefit from social media ads
One of the most important benefits of social media management is that they do it all — they ensure that your social presence is beautiful, consistent, and effective without you lifting a finger.
6 incredible benefits of social media management
If you’re not yet convinced that social media management for business is a fantastic option, keep reading to learn more about six incredible benefits of social media management.
1. Improve your current social media presence
No matter what platforms you want to leverage, social media management for business can help.
The agency you choose will audit your current social media presence on each platform and determine how they can improve your profiles.
They’ll improve things like:
- Your profile image: If you’re a business, your profile image on every social platform should be your company’s logo, and it should be the same on every platform. Your social media management team can help ensure that it’s the proper size for each platform.
- Header image: For platforms that allow you to have a header image, like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, your social media management agency will ensure that it’s high-quality and fits your brand.
- Company biographies and about info: Many social platforms allow you to write a small blurb about your company. This is something that potential customers look at, so it should be optimized. Your agency can ensure that your “about” section is accurate and engaging.
- Other company information: Platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn require more company information, and your social media management agency can ensure that it’s accurate.
Not only can they improve what you already have, but they can fill in your profile where it’s lacking to make it more appealing to your followers.
2. Create a content calendar
Another benefit of social media management is the fact that the agency can create a social content calendar to ensure that your presence is consistent.
Consistent posting shows your audience that you care about keeping them updated and can also help improve brand awareness. The more you consistently post and the more active you are on each of your accounts, the more your audience will keep you top-of-mind.
3. Create unique content for you to post on each platform
They’ll research things like:
- Your industry
- Your competitors’ social platforms
- What kind of content performs well in your industry
- And more
This kind of research will help your social media manager determine what kind of content will be successful on your different platforms. From there, they can help you make custom graphics, share existing content, and even write personalized content for each of your profiles.
4. Analyze your social media performance
One of the best social media management benefits is the way that your manager will analyze the performance of each platform.
It’s important to analyze metrics like engagement when it comes to social media, since it can help you determine whether the content you’re posting is what users want. For example, if you have low engagement on Facebook, you might consider a different kind of content, or consider posting at a different time. Your social media management agency can help you work out the details to help you improve important metrics.
5. Reply to messages and comments
Staying engaged with your followers in the comments of your posts is crucial to continued engagement. However, it can be hard to stay on top of social comments when you’re busy running your business.
The fifth benefit of social media management is that you can have someone to take care of all interactions that happen on your business profiles.
Not only will they help respond to comments on your posts, but they can also help respond to direct messages on your social apps. This is important as a business owner since comments and messages (especially questions or negative feedback) go unanswered, it’s easy for the customer to assume that you don’t care about your customers. This can break a sale, and in the long run, break a customer relationship.
That said, one of the biggest benefits of social media management is that they’ll make sure that no comment or direct message goes unanswered.
Keep in mind, one of social media’s disadvantages is comments can get nasty. In some cases, users will want to vent — and not resolve an issue. It’s still important, though, to acknowledge these comments and be empathetic to the poster.
6. Help you set up and successfully run social media ads
Paid social claims the second-highest share of an advertiser’s budget — clocking in at around 18%.
Social media ads can help your business grow in a number of ways, and one of the best benefits of social media management is that your manager can take care of everything for you.
There are a number of elements that go into a successful social media ad, including:
- Ad graphics/images
- Ad copy
- A compelling call to action (CTA)
- Keyword research
- Keyword bidding
- A/B testing
- Landing page creation and optimization
- And more
Your social media manager can take care of this punch list for you and ensure that the ads you run are successful on every platform.
We foster and form long-term partnerships so that your business has long-term results.
Over 90% of WebFX clients continue partnering with us into year 2 of their campaign.Hear from Our Happy Customers
Are you ready to reap the benefits of social media management?
If you want to experience all the benefits of social media for business, your first step is finding a committed, results-driven social media management team. And if you need help finding one, WebFX is it. With more than two decades of experience and more than 500 in-house team members, we’re ready to take on your social media presence to help your business grow.
To date, we’ve generated more than 7.8 million qualified leads for our clients, more than 5.2 million qualified calls, and more than 12+ million ecommerce transactions. Not to mention, we have more than 1020 raving client testimonials to prove that we’re the cream of the crop. Whether you currently have a social media presence that you’re not happy with, can’t make time for the demands of social media marketing, or need to start from scratch, WebFX has a plan for you.
We offer a variety of social media services including:
- Social media marketing management
- Social media advertising
- Social media design
- Ecommerce social media advertising
- Enterprise social media advertising
- Direct-to-consumer social media advertising
Sam has been writing for WebFX since 2016 and focuses on UX, crafting amazing website experiences, and digital marketing In her free time, she likes to spend time on the beach, play with her cats, and go fishing with her husband.
WebFX is a full-service marketing agency with 1000+ client reviews and a 4.9-star rating on Clutch! Find out how our expert team and revenue-accelerating tech can drive results for you! Learn more