3 SEO Tips for Tech Companies
Tech companies are some of the most popular businesses in the United States today. Whether you’re a startup or an established presence in your niche, you need to stand out against all the others. That means you need to use search engine optimization (SEO) to promote your company.
SEO is the process of improving your website so search engines will list you higher in search results for relevant keywords. It’s an ongoing process, and the benefits you get from it can exceed your expectations.
To get started, check out these SEO strategies for your tech company. When you’re ready, you can give us a call at 888-601-5359!
See how we can help you GROW YOUR BUSINESS
3 SEO tips for tech companies
All of these strategies have been proven to return positive results for tech companies online. They help you acquire and nurture new leads, and they’re great ways to get visitors to your site and turn them into paying customers.
1. Research keywords
To start showing up in search engine results, you have to know what keywords you want to target.
Keywords are the exact search terms that people use to find your company or industry on search engines. So if you work in medical software and a local company wanted to find you, they’d look for “medical software company in [your city].”
That keyword is valuable to you, and you should use it in your next step of SEO. Once you start using it, people looking for those keywords will see your site, and they’ll probably go to it.
That makes them qualified traffic, which means they can turn into leads and (eventually) customers.
To find keywords, you have a number of options at your disposal.
- Google Autocomplete is the feature that shows suggestions for keywords as people type into Google’s search bar. If you start looking for your industry, look to see what Google suggests you search. Those are some of the most-searched terms on the Internet, and you should use them to your advantage.
- Google Ads lets you look at information on individual keywords. It shows you how often people search for keywords and how much you could pay in a pay-per-click advertising (PPC) campaign. Best of all, Ads also shows you suggestions for similar keywords that you could use.
As you’re researching keywords, it’s important that you find ones that include several words and specifically relate to your business. These keywords won’t have as much traffic, but they’ll get more qualified traffic to your company’s site.
These keywords are called longtail keywords, and they’re one of the best ways to make sure you’re appealing to your demographic.
Plus, long keywords are less competitive than shorter ones, so you can rank for longer keywords easily, by comparison.
2. Publish informative, high-quality content around those keywords
Now that you have your keywords, it’s time to create content around them.
Content is an umbrella term that refers to practically everything you make on your website. Whether you’re writing blog posts, filming videos, or creating infographics, you’re making content for your site.
The reason you want to build content around keywords is because that content is what will rank on search engines and bring you traffic.
There are lots of different kinds of content, some of which we’ve already covered, and they all serve different purposes.
- Blog posts are great for current events, industry news, and company information.
- Article pages are perfect for answering frequent questions about your niche.
- Infographics are fun ways to show data that engage users and bring them to your site.
- Videos are creative, behind-the-scenes looks at your operations, and they’re also ideal for how-to instructions.
- Podcasts are great for having conversations about your niche, your company, or your industry in general.
With all of this content at your fingertips, you’re bound to find something that helps promote your company.
3. Promote your content
Now that you have multiple pages on your site, you can promote them.
The best way to promote content is to post is on your social media accounts for your business and employees. That way, lots of people get to see what you’ve made, and you generate more traffic back to your site.
In addition, those people could become your company’s followers. With enough people, you eventually get a constant audience that always wants to hear from you.
That means you can share content, promote your site, and encourage new customers all from one place: Your social media accounts.
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest are all great for promoting content.
- Facebook is perfect for image-heavy, behind-the-scenes looks at your business.
- Twitter is an all-around great content promotion platform, no matter what you have to promote.
- LinkedIn is the premier professional network that’s an excellent resource for B2B companies.
- Pinterest encourages tons of conversions and customer interactions.
To get the best for your company, use all four for different content!
Our digital marketing campaigns impact the metrics that improve your bottom line.See More Results
WebFX has driven the following results for clients:
In client revenue
Leads for our clients
Client phone calls
WebFX is a world-class SEO agency
At WebFX, we offer high-quality SEO results at prices that beat our competition. We know what it takes for a tech company to reach the top of the search results for any keyword, and our team of experienced marketers is happy to get you the results that you need. We’ve been in business since 1997, and in that time, we’ve worked wonders for our clients — now we’ll do the same for you.