Abby FieldsBranded Content Specialist
- March 15, 2022
- 6 minute read
- Abby is a data-driven content marketer with certifications in inbound marketing and content marketing. She’s written hundreds of articles covering digital marketing topics — a few of her specialties include first-party data, marketing and data analytics, marketing strategy optimization, and SEO. When she isn’t writing or optimizing content, Abby loves to spend time reading the latest mystery novel, having movie marathons with lots of snacks, and jamming out to Shania Twain.
Brand marketing is the process of promoting your products and services in a way that highlights your company’s unique style.
Brand marketing helps you elevate your brand and create a cohesive image that sticks in consumers’ minds each time they interact with your business. It enables you to build your awareness and create lasting relationships with consumers that keep them coming back.
But how can you market your brand successfully?
In this guide, we’ll explain the ins and outs of brand marketing. Here’s a brief overview of some of the topics we’ll cover below:
- What is brand marketing?
- Why is brand marketing important?
- How to build a brand marketing strategy for your business
So, just keep reading to learn more!
What is brand marketing?
Brand marketing is the process of promoting your products and services in a way that highlights your company’s unique style. In other words, instead of promoting individual products and services, brand marketing promotes your entire company image.
It enables you to build your brand’s positioning and establish relationships between your company and consumers as a result.
Why is brand marketing important?
So, why is brand marketing important anyway? Successfully marketing your brand has many benefits for your business, such as:
- Increasing awareness: Brand marketing helps consumers easily recognize your business when they view your promotions or products and services. As your brand awareness increases, more consumers will become aware of you and the products and services you offer, helping you boost your sales and revenue.
- Building brand loyalty and trust: It’s essential to keep your customers coming back if you want to continuously drive revenue for your business. Brand marketing helps you create a consistent image of your company that establishes you as an expert in your field, building your brand loyalty and trust.
- Creating more personalized and effective marketing messages: Marketing your brand helps you establish your company’s goals and values. You can begin incorporating those values into your marketing to create effective and personalized marketing.
Branding enables you to create unique messages and stories that spark interest in consumers, encouraging them to learn more about your business, products, and services as a result. That means you can create lasting impressions of your brand that encourages more leads and conversions for your company.
How to build your brand marketing strategy in 4 easy steps
Are you ready to get started with brand marketing? We’ve got you covered.
Here’s how to create your brand marketing strategy in four easy steps:
1. Evaluate your goals and objectives
One of the first steps in brand marketing is to evaluate your company’s goals and objectives. Defining your company’s values and the purpose you want your products or services to provide to consumers is essential for creating a cohesive brand image.
Think about what problems your products or services solve for consumers and what pain points they can alleviate. You should also consider your brand’s promise or what you want to be known for, such as being a leader in your industry. You can also think about what consumers can expect when partnering with your company.
Considering your company’s overarching goals and objects can help you define your brand so you can communicate your values effectively to your audience.
2. Create a consistent brand image
When it comes to marketing your brand, creating a cohesive and consistent brand image is a must. Your brand image refers to all the design elements that make up the visual representation of your brand.
These design elements can include your:
A consistent image helps consumers instantly recognize your brand when they see your promotions or visit your website.
3. Define your target audience
The next step in creating your brand marketing strategy is to define your target audience. Without identifying your target audience, your brand marketing efforts might not produce the best results for your business.
Your target audience is made up of the consumers who are the most interested in your products and services. In other words, they are most likely to make a purchase and become loyal customers.
To define your target audience, think about which consumers will benefit most from your products and services. What problems will your products and services solve?
You can also view previous customer data from your small business’s marketing tools, like Google Analytics, to help identify your target audience. For example, you might notice that your previous customers have similar demographics, such as age and location.
By defining your target audience, you can ensure that your marketing messages reach your ideal customers to maximize your sales and revenue.
4. Think about your marketing messages and strategies
Once you’ve established your goals, brand image, and target audience, you can now start to think about the marketing strategies you want to use to promote your brand to your ideal customers.
You can use a variety of marketing channels to promote your brand, including:
You can also invest in a variety of effective digital marketing strategies to get your brand in front of more consumers, such as:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
- Social media marketing
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
- And more
Be sure to incorporate your brand values and image throughout your marketing messages and strategies to maintain a cohesive brand identity across multiple platforms.
Keeping your brand marketing consistent enables you to create a lasting impression that sticks in consumers’ minds and keeps them coming back.
Time to Level Up Your Sales
Our long list of services helps you grow every aspect of your business with marketing strategies that are proven to increase bottom-line metrics like revenue and conversions.
In the past 5 years, we’ve managed more than 12.9 MILLION transactions across our client base.
Build your brand awareness and loyalty with WebFX
Do you want to implement a brand marketing strategy that boosts your brand awareness and loyalty? WebFX can help!
At WebFX, our award-winning team of experts has more than 25 years of experience developing, implementing, and managing revenue-driving strategies that help brands stand out and create lasting impressions on consumers.
If you’re ready to start effectively marketing your brand to drive impressive marketing results, we’ve got you covered.
Abby is a data-driven content marketer with certifications in inbound marketing and content marketing. She’s written hundreds of articles covering digital marketing topics — a few of her specialties include first-party data, marketing and data analytics, marketing strategy optimization, and SEO. When she isn’t writing or optimizing content, Abby loves to spend time reading the latest mystery novel, having movie marathons with lots of snacks, and jamming out to Shania Twain.
WebFX is a full-service marketing agency with 1000+ client reviews and a 4.9-star rating on Clutch! Find out how our expert team and revenue-accelerating tech can drive results for you! Learn more