Embarking on a social media marketing campaign might seem confusing if you’re not accustomed to using these platforms for business purposes. While it can take a little getting used to, using social media for your auctioneer services can be a great way to generate leads and build conversions.
In general, there are three different types of social media marketing:
- Organic: With organic marketing, you can gain leads through the standard use of social media, like posting regular content, gaining followers, and using hashtags, which can naturally pick up attention on these platforms.
- Paid: If you want to invest in your marketing strategy, consider using paid and sponsored posts to promote your profile.
- Earned: Since social media is inherently interactive, you can also gain leads through earned means — other users can share your content on their own profiles, thereby increasing your reach without you having to lift a finger.
Growing your social presence with WebFX is a walk in the park.
“WebFX allows growing your social media platforms to be stress-free! They are knowledgeable and adapt to your company needs!”Learn More About Our Social Media Services
How to start a social media marketing campaign for auctioneers
While you can certainly earn leads using only organic and earned means, paid social media advertising puts extra ‘pep’ in your social media ‘step’ — if you’ll forgive the cliché. Paid social media marketing works similarly to search engine marketing (SEM) methods, promoting relevant posts to your target audience to ensure they are seen by the most qualified leads.
To start your marketing campaign, consider these questions:
- What do I want to accomplish with my social media marketing?
- What platforms are best to reach my target audience?
- How much time and resources can I dedicate to this marketing strategy?
- When do I want to see results?
Benefits of social media for auctioneers
Auction houses rely on two types of customers — those who have goods to sell and those looking to purchase those goods. While simple word of mouth may have cut it when there were only a few options available, now that almost every industry is inundated with many choices, businesses have to be more intentional in their marketing strategies — including your auction house.
Social media marketing may provide the following benefits:
- Increasing brand awareness
- Encouraging engagement with your business
- Educating potential customers
- Boosting traffic to your website
- Gathering more information on your audience
Social media best practices for auctioneer companies
Your auction house can leverage social media to encourage new leads and maintain existing relationships with your customers. When embarking on this marketing strategy, consider the following best practices to make the most of your efforts:
1. Narrow your target audience
While you might have lofty goals to bring customers of all ages and interests into your auction house, marketing on social media requires a more narrow audience. Consider who will most likely benefit from and use your services and what social media platforms they use.
If you find your typical customer comes from a certain demographic — for example, 45-65-year-old homeowners — create content that’s targeted to their unique interests and needs. This strategy will increase the likelihood that your social media efforts will succeed.
Facebook is a great platform to focus on for the widest reach, with approximately 2.9 billion monthly active users. You can post regular updates on your page about upcoming actions and events, and invest in ads on the platform to promote your services.
2. Reinforce your brand identity
Since everything you post on social media is, in some way or another, a representation of your business, be sure to reinforce your brand identity. If you have a unique catchphrase, integrate that into your captions. If your logo is professional and recognizable, you might also use that as your profile picture on all your accounts so your company is easily recognized.
Brand identity is an important aspect of social media marketing because it stands in for an in-person introduction. Consider how you would treat a customer coming into your auction house, and use that tone and voice in your social media, whether you’re composing posts, sharing a live video, or responding to comments.
3. Post informational content
Social media is a great opportunity to expand your reach as a business, but not everyone who comes across your page will understand your services. That’s why it’s a great idea to provide informational content on your social media pages.
You might create an Instagram Reel or YouTube video to educate your audience on different aspects of your business, from explaining how auctions work to describing the types of goods you work with at your auction house.
4. Invest in paid and sponsored content
We’ve already been over what paid social media is, but let’s explore how you can use it to the best advantage:
- Use high-quality visuals: Social media users can tell a lot about a company purely based on the images and visuals they use. If you invest in high-quality professional photos and infographics in your ads, you’ll immediately garner trust from your audience.
- Create compelling ad copy: Stringing together the right words to engage your audience is tricky. Having compelling copy that is both informative and engaging can go a long way to capturing interest.
- Test your ads: You can also use a method called A/B testing to determine the best approach to take with your paid social media ads.
5. Track your stats and analytics
Most social media platforms have handy tools companies can use to track the metrics and analytics of their posts. For example, you can see how many users clicked on your profile and whether you’ve been getting more or less attention than in previous weeks or months. You can also see how many users continue on to your website from your social media profile.
These metrics can guide you during a social media marketing campaign, as they’re a direct indicator of the success of your posts.
74% of people use social media when making a purchasing decision.
Make their decision easy with a stellar social media presence. See how your brand can level up by requesting a no-obligation proposal today.
One of our experts will be in touch within 24 hours!
Trust your social media marketing to the professionals at WebFX
Having dedicated social media professionals at your side can be instrumental in the success of your social media marketing campaign. Our team of over 500 strategists will help manage your campaigns, leaving you time to dedicate to running your auctioneer business.