If you own a retail business, you are always looking for new ways to capture your audience’s interest and encourage them to engage with your brand. Using augmented reality can help you reach customers and boost conversions.
On this page, we’ll discuss the basics of augmented reality and three benefits of incorporating it into your marketing plan. If you want to learn more about how augmented reality will help your retail business, call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist.
Our digital marketing campaigns impact the metrics that improve your bottom line.See More Results
WebFX has driven the following results for clients:
In client revenue
Leads for our clients
Client phone calls
What is augmented reality?
Augmented reality is a technology that projects computer-generated images in the real world. Your audience can see them right before their eyes.
Augmented reality enhances senses, such as sight, hearing, and smelling by adding graphics, sounds, and smells where they typically wouldn’t be. It blurs the lines between the real world and computer-generated world.
Augmented reality vs. virtual reality
Many people confuse augmented reality and virtual reality. These two entities are different from one another, so we think it’s important to note those differences.
With virtual reality, you need to be put into the environment to experience it. That’s why virtual reality involves using goggles that you put over your eyes. You need to be encapsulated in the environment to experience virtual reality fully.
Augmented reality doesn’t require goggles. Instead of you stepping into the environment, the augmented images come alive in your environment. You experience them before your eyes in your natural surroundings.
To sum it up, augmented reality brings virtual reality to life. It puts it in front of your face and helps you see it within your own environment, like within your house, in the outdoors, or in a public place.
Hear What It’s Like to Work With WebFX!
“Our WebFX team was on top of everything. Best part is our lead contact felt like she was part of our company. She learned everything about our business so quickly and was able to be very efficient with our brand. Reacting to what we needed or wanted to change, making us feel so comfortable the whole way!”
Types of augmented reality
There are four main types of augmented reality you can use. Each one offers a unique experience for your audience.
- Projection Based: As its name states, this one relies on projecting the augmented graphics into your environment. It creates a more tangible perception of the augmented graphics.
- Marked Based: When you use marked base augmentation, you rely on using a phone and a QR code (or something similar). People use their phone to scan over the QR code in the environment, and it generates options to see how things would look in that QR code’s location. Someone may use this method to customize something like a car.
- Markerless: This one is also known as location-based augmentation. It uses GPS and digital compasses on your phone to draw up data about your location and show you information like restaurants and shops in the immediate area.
- Superimposition Based: This is a form of augmentation you may have seen previously. This augmentation allows you to put objects from your screen into your environment. The most common use for this is furniture stores and home improvement stores that want to help their customers visualize the space.
These are the four main types that retailers use to enhance their product experience. Your type of retail business will help you figure out which options are best for your company.
Need help figuring out what your options are? We can help! Contact our team of over 500+ experts to find out what augmented reality solutions you can use to generate more leads.
3 benefits of using augmented reality
When you use augmented reality, you will reap numerous benefits that will help your business reach new heights. Take a look below to find out how augmented reality can attract more customers!
1. It engages and excites your audience
When you have valuable leads, you want to keep them engaged and interested in your brand. You want them to convert. Augmented reality helps keep them interested in your business.
This feature creates an opportunity for your audience to interact with your business. Whether it’s in person or at home, augmented reality creases an immersive experience for your audience. They are more invested in the buying process because they have the tools to enhance that experience.
Let’s say you own a clothing store. Many people will come to your store looking for an outfit, but they may not know where to start. Augmented reality can help them “try on” different outfits without physically putting on the clothes.
Your customers can come to your store and use augmented reality to swipe through outfits and find one they like best. Then, once they settle on an outfit, they can find their size in your store and try it on.
This is an engaging and interesting experience for your audience. They can get very interactive with your products, which can help them choose a product that’s right for them. This leads to more conversions for your business.
2. It provides your audience with valuable visuals
One of the biggest problems consumers face is trying to visualize a product in their lives. Whether it’s a piece of clothing or a piece of furniture, many people struggle to see how that product will look. With augmented reality, you can help your audience visualize the product in reality.
Many furniture and home improvement companies are taking advantage of augmented reality to help them earn more conversions. They enable people to use their mobile devices to place furniture into a room or paint their wall colors. It helps their customers see what works in their space and ultimately leads them to convert.
When you help your audience visualize, you improve their experience with your business. They will be more likely to make a purchase from your retail business because they will feel confident that your product works for them.
3. It puts your audience in control
When your audience is shopping, they don’t want to be at the control of someone else. They want to shop in a way that works best for them. Augmented reality helps your audience choose their experience.
With superimposition-based augmentation, your audience can place furniture in any part of their house. It gives them complete control and allows them to move around the house and see where that piece of furniture will fit best. They have complete freedom to decide where things fit best.
The same thing applies to other retail businesses, too. Whether it’s clothing, jewelry, décor, or furniture, your audience has control to pick and choose as they please. They can experiment and look at different options that appeal to them.
When your audience is in control, they feel more confident about deciding. Ultimately, you’ll help your retail business earn more conversions by investing in augmented reality.
Let WebFX enhance your customer’s retail experience
Augmented reality is an awesome tool to help you enhance your customer’s experience. When you provide a better customer experience, you help your business earn more conversions. At WebFX, we have more than 25 years of experience helping our clients provide better shopping experiences for their customers.
We’re a full-service digital marketing company that offers numerous services to help you market your business’ products and services better. Our team of 500+ experts will help you use augmented reality to engage your customers. We have the knowledge and expertise to drive successful campaigns for our clients.
If you’re looking for results, we know how to achieve them. To date, we’ve driven over $3 billion in sales and over 7.8 million leads for our clients. We devote our time and energy to bringing results for your business first.
Our clients love the work we do for them. We have over 1020 client testimonials that attest to the great work we do for our clients. Check them out today to see what it’s like to partner with a company like WebFX!
93% of WebFX customers are extremely satisfied with their digital marketing results.
“Working with WebFX, everything is very organized and strategic. We’re only a year into our partnership, and our expectations have definitely been met.”View More Client Testimonials
Start using augmented reality for your retail business today
If you want to start earning more valuable leads and conversions for your business by using augmented reality, contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist.
We’re excited to work with you!
Table of Contents
- 10 Ways Retailers Can Build Links for Their Websites
- 12 Effective Ways Retailers Can Increase Online Sales
- 3 Content Marketing Ideas for Retail Stores
- 5 PPC Benefits for Retail Businesses
- 5 Retail Marketing Examples You Can Emulate in 2023
- 70+ Retail Statistics Marketers Should Know in 2023
- Grow Your Revenue With a Retail Marketing Agency: WebFX
- How to Use Social Media for Retail to Drive Sales
- Retail SEO: Your Beginner’s Guide to Success
- Top 3 Web Design Tips for Clothing Retailers
Our Most Popular Services
How We Drive Revenue for Businesses
- Business Marketing Agency
- Conversion Optimization Agency
- Internet Marketing Agency
- Digital Marketing Competitor Analysis
- Ecommerce Packages
- Corporate Reputation Management Pricing for 2023
- Professional Marketing Services: Grow Your Revenue
- Professional Marketing Company
- Digital Marketing Company in USA