Web Design for Vacation Rentals: 5 Best Practices
Imagine looking for a place to rent for your vacation and coming across a website with grainy photos, an eyesore design, and difficult navigation. Would you want to book your stay with them? Chances are, you’d look the other way and find a different rental.
Having a poorly designed website deters people from engaging with your rental. That’s why web design for vacation rentals is crucial if you want to make a positive first impression and keep leads engaged so they book your vacation rental.
But what does web design for vacation rental entail?
On this page, we’ll provide you with five best practices for vacation rental web design, including:
- Choose a consistent design that fits your vacation rental
- Create an intuitive navigation so users can find information fast
- Make your call to action (CTA) buttons stand out to convert more users
- Integrate high-quality visuals of your vacation rentals to pique interest
- Integrate white space to make your website less cluttered
Keep reading to learn more!
P.S. Need help giving your website a glow-up? We have over 25 years of experience creating beautiful and functional designs for businesses like yours! Contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist!
We’ll help you create a website that stands out.
“WebFX has been instrumental in helping us develop a new website, allowing us to be a leader in our industry.”Learn More About Our Web Design Services
1. Choose a consistent design that fits your vacation rental
If you want to build a vacation rental website successfully, start by developing a consistent design. When people browse different pages on your site, they want to feel like they’re on the same website –– a consistent design helps create this experience.
The best way to ensure you have a consistent design is to create a style guide. A style guide is a way for you to ensure that, no matter what page you add to your website, they all look consistent.
When you create your style guide, you’ll want to establish elements like your:
You’ll want to lay out all the elements of your website and how you want them to look so you can create a consistent design across your website.
2. Create an intuitive navigation so users can find information fast
Another crucial component of web design for vacation rentals is intuitive navigation. When people visit your website looking for a vacation rental, you want to make it easy for them to browse what you offer.
So, what does intuitive navigation look like?
First, you’ll want to use broad headings. Broad headings enable you to organize your pages better. You can also add subheadings under each heading to create more organization:
When you build your vacation rental website, you’ll want to integrate your logo into your navigation. That way people see it as soon as they visit your website, which helps build brand recognition.
Lastly, you’ll want to add a search bar to your navigation. Adding a search bar makes it easy for people to find the information they need.
By optimizing your navigation bar, you’ll create a better browsing experience for your website.
3. Make your CTA buttons stand out to convert more visitors
With vacation rental web design, you must create CTA buttons that stand out. When travelers visit your website, you must guide them toward the actions you want them to take. CTA buttons help you accomplish that:
When you create your CTA buttons, they should:
- Stand out on the page: You want people to notice your CTA buttons when browsing your website. Choose a color that stands out on the page but fits with your design, so it draws attention to your buttons.
- Provide direct action: Your CTA buttons should tell users exactly what will happen when they click on the button. Having text like “Book Now” is more direct and clear than “Click Here.”
When you build your vacation rental website, optimize your CTA buttons to help generate more clicks and conversions for your business.
4. Integrate high-quality visuals of your vacation rental to pique interest
When you build a vacation rental website, you must integrate visuals into your website. Visuals are a big selling point for renters –– they provide insight into what your property looks like.
Grainy, stretched, or blurry images will deter people from renting your property. You must use high-quality visuals in your rental website’s design to showcase your property.
When you do website design for vacation rentals, you can use photos and videos to show off your property. You can integrate these visuals between text on your website to help break up text and make your website more engaging.
5. Integrate white space to make your website less cluttered
To wrap up this list of best practices for website design for vacation rentals, let’s talk about white space. White space is the space on your website that doesn’t have any text or visuals –– it’s blank:
Integrating white space is a crucial part of vacation rental web design. It helps provide relief to users’ eyes when browsing your rentals.
If you have visuals and texts filling every inch of your website, your pages will appear cluttered and overwhelming. Adding white space helps your audience focus on the information that matters on your website.
A great way to ensure you include white space is to use a wireframe to build your website. Wireframes are a bare-bones layout of how your website will look when you create it. When you format your pages, you can design them to include white space in the margins, between text, and more.
Get started with web design for vacation rentals today
Investing in vacation rental web design is crucial if you want to set a positive first impression with vacationers and get them to stay at your property. If you feel overwhelmed with trying to get your website’s design right, WebFX can help.
We’ve created over 355,000 unique ads for our clients, so you can feel confident we’ll create original ads that help your rental drive results. Not to mention, we’ve already driven $6 billion in revenue and over 7.8 million leads for our clients.
- 1. Choose a Consistent Design That Fits Your Vacation Rental
- 2. Create an Intuitive Navigation So Users Can Find Information Fast
- 3. Make Your CTA Buttons Stand out to Convert More Visitors
- 4. Integrate High-quality Visuals of Your Vacation Rental to Pique Interest
- 5. Integrate White Space to Make Your Website Less Cluttered
- Get Started with Web Design for Vacation Rentals Today