Whether you realize it or not, your website creates the first impression of your business for site visitors. If you want to make a positive first impression on your audience, you must invest in orchard web design. Building a well-designed website will help you drive more traffic to your orchard’s website, and therefore, more foot traffic to your location.
On this page, we’ll provide you with seven web design tips for orchards. Keep reading to learn more about building effective website design and call us today at 888-601-5359 (or contact us online) to speak with a strategist about building your customized website.
1. Establish your brand’s style guide
One of the most critical web design tips for orchards is establishing your brand’s style guide. When you build your website, you want everything to look consistent and cohesive. Having a cohesive design across all of your site pages helps your site appear more professional to your audience.
Here are a few things you should establish with your brand style guide:
- Color scheme: When you’re designing your website, a set color scheme will help your website look more cohesive while strengthening your brand. The most effective color scheme consists of one primary color, one to two accent colors, and a separate color for your text.
- Image style: Whether you use clear and bright photos or photos with filters, you should establish your photo style, so it’s consistent across your site. When you stick with the same kinds of photos and images across your site, it helps to build your brand much like the cohesive use of colors does.
- Font style: Your font is an integral part of your site pages. If you choose a font that’s too stylized, for example, your audience may not be able to read the text on your page. You can select one to two different fonts, one for headers and one for body text, in your style guide, but ensure they are both easily readable for your audience.
These are just a few of the many elements you’ll want to establish in your brand style guide. If you’re going to do web design for orchards right, you must create a brand style guide to help you keep your design cohesive.
Hear What It’s Like to Work With WebFX!
“We have enjoyed and benefited from our growing relationship with WebFX. The communication is strong, the results speak for themselves, and things are often fixed without us even having noticed they were off to begin with. We are grateful to have their support and guidance as we work on SEO, website traffic, campaigns, content, and more.”
2. Customize your orchard’s site
A custom website for your orchard will help you stand out from your competitors and add a unique touch to your online presence.
While you have the option to use website builders, many of these builders don’t allow you to customize your site. They can be restrictive, which leaves your site looking like other business’s sites that use the same template.
Instead of relying on these restrictive templates, you’ll want to opt for easily-customizable template designs or fully-customized website designs. Both of these options will allow you to create a website that is unique to your orchard.
At WebFX, we offer fully-customizable website design that will help you build the website of your dreams. Our program RainmakerFX will help you create a custom site in 30 days. If you need to make a website fast, contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist about our custom web design plans.
3. Design navigation that’s easy to use
An essential part of your website’s design is your navigation. When users find your orchard’s website, you want them to be able to browse on your site and find information quickly. If your audience can’t find the information they’re looking for on your site, they might bounce to a competitor’s site.
When you design your website, keep your navigation simple and organized. Use broad headings so you can organize subtopics beneath them. Some typical headings include “About,” “Services,” “Products,” “Pricing,” and “Contact.”
You’ll also want to ensure that the font in your navigation is easily readable. Make sure you put ample thought into your font color, style, and size.
By setting up a proper navigation bar, you’ll create a more effective web design for your orchard.
4. Integrate responsive design
Responsive design is a crucial part of the user’s experience on your website. When you’re creating an effective website design for your orchard, you must ensure your website has responsive design. Responsive design means that your website looks the same on all devices, no matter how small or large the screen size.
People will access your site on different devices, such as mobile phones, tablets, and computers. These devices vary in screen size, so your website must adapt to their devices.
Having a responsive design also ensures your audience doesn’t have to zoom in and out to look at your site, fill out forms, or click buttons.
By integrating responsive design, you’ll provide your audience with a better experience on your page. It’s a crucial component of website design for orchards.
5. Add visuals to your orchard’s web design
An essential part of your designing your orchard’s website is the visuals. When people visit your site, they don’t want to see walls of text. Too much text can deter people from scrolling through the pages of your website and learning more about what your orchard has to offer.
To prevent this from happening, you must integrate visuals into your design. These visuals can be photos, videos, or infographics. Visuals add points of interest to your content and help break up the text on the page.
You can post photos of your orchard, share video tours of the fields or interviews with staff, or even provide users with infographics on different types of apples and their uses.
When you’re adding visuals on your site, you should try to avoid overusing stock photos. It’s best to use authentic pictures of your business and products to give people an insight into your farm. Photos that look too stock photo-like can make your site appear impersonal, while real photos of your farm can entice users to visit.
6. Don’t shy away from white space
When designing your website, your pages will be full of text, images, forms, buttons, and more. Many companies have the misperception that they must fill every inch with their site with multimedia, content, and other site elements to keep users from becoming bored. In reality, it’s better to have white space on your website.
White space helps keep your website’s design clean and makes it easier for your audience to enjoy and interact with your site.
So, what is white space?
White space, also known as negative space, is considered any area on your site that doesn’t have text or photos. This space is essential on your website because it keeps your pages from getting cluttered and overly crowded.
7. Always test your orchard’s website
The first version of your website won’t always be the best version of your site. You must regularly check your site metrics to determine where there is room to improve.
There are many elements you can test on your site to ensure that they are driving the best results for your website. For example, you can test:
- Call to action (CTA) buttons
- Photo usage
- Placement of elements like phone numbers and CTAs
When you test your website, be sure only to test one element at a time. If you check too many elements, you risk your results becoming muddled. By examining each item individually, you can see how that element impacts your site.
Testing is a crucial part of having a successful website. If you want to be successful with orchard web design, test your site consistently to ensure you’re putting out the best version of your site.
We’re masters of our craft.
WebFX is a marketing and design industry leader.
Meta, Amazon, and Google Partner
blog posts written
industries worked in
Google Certified team members
Ready to start building your orchard’s dream website?
These web design tips for orchards that we listed will help you create an effective site for your apple farm. We understand that it takes time to develop an excellent website for your business, and if you don’t have the time to dedicate to build a robust web design for your orchard, WebFX can help.
We have a team of over 500+ experts that will help you build the website of your dreams. We’ll help you create a customized website that fits your business’s needs.
- 1. Establish Your Brand’s Style Guide
- 2. Customize Your Orchard’s Site
- 3. Design Navigation That’s Easy to Use
- 4. Integrate Responsive Design
- 5. Add Visuals to Your Orchard’s Web Design
- 6. Don’t Shy Away from White Space
- 7. Always Test Your Orchard’s Website
- Ready to Start Building Your Orchard’s Dream Website?
- 3 Fantastic Farmers Market Advertising Ideas
- 4 Digital Marketing Strategies for Farm Equipment Companies
- 4 Strategies for Growing Your Farm Online
- Digital Marketing for Christmas Tree Farms: 4 Online Growth Strategies
- Farm Website Design: 6 Tips for Creating the Best Farm Website
- Lead Generation for Farms: 3 Lead Gen Tips for Farmers
- PPC for Farms: 5 Benefits of Investing in Paid Ads for Your Farm
- SEO for Farms: 5 Tips for Growing Your Farm’s SEO Strategy
- Social Media for Farms (And Why You Should Invest)
Earn a 20% greater ROI with WebFX
- Web Design for Tampa, FL
- Web Design for Washington, DC
- Web Design Services for Frederick, Maryland
- Web Design Services Near Delaware
- Web Design for West Virginia
- Web Design for State College
- Web Design Services for Buffalo, NY
- New Jersey Web Design
- Richmond Web Design
- Maryland Web Design
- Web Design for Cincinnati, OH