Your luxury brand and the products you sell are unique — and your marketing campaigns should be too. Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is an enormously effective marketing strategy luxury brands like yours should take advantage of to maximize sales.
On this page, we’ll be diving into everything you need to know about PPC for luxury brands, including key strategies you can implement to maximize your campaign’s success and return on ad spend (ROAS).
Traffic attracted through PPC advertising yields 50% more conversions than organic advertising.
Are you leveraging PPC in your marketing efforts? Let’s get started.View the Guide
What is PPC for luxury brands?
PPC for luxury brands is a digital marketing strategy that involves paying for advertisements that appear at the top of search engine result pages (SERPs). As the name suggests, you’ll pay for every click your ad receives. When a PPC campaign is well-executed, the cost per click on that ad should be negligible since the user will ideally convert by purchasing a product or service.
Benefits of PPC for luxury brands
In the past, luxury brands tended to focus on offline marketing efforts, even as digital marketing was growing in popularity. However, online revenue shares for luxury brands are growing, accounting for a projected 25% of the global market by 2025.
There are many benefits your luxury brand can glean from using PPC:
- It’s measurable and trackable: Since you pay for every click, you want to track your PPC campaign’s success. Tools like those provided through Google Ads let you track and measure your PPC ads so you can see which tactics drive the most sales and optimize your ads in the future for the best results.
- You can see results quickly: While other search engine optimization (SEO) efforts tend to take considerable time to develop and realize, PPC ads let you see results quickly.
- There’s plenty of flexibility: On top of enormous budget flexibility, you can also take advantage of a wide range of campaign options. You can scale up if you see positive results or scale back on your spending if you want to shift focus. You can also halt spending immediately, which isn’t possible with other types of advertising.
- It works well with other marketing efforts: Other strategies like content marketing and SEO work well with PPC campaigns. PPC ads can also be a great avenue for remarketing, or targeting users who have already interacted with your brand.
- You can cast a wide net: PPC is a great marketing tool for targeting users outside your typical audience pool. Since the face of luxury brands is changing rapidly, casting a wide net with PPC ads is an enormously effective strategy.
5 luxury brand PPC strategies that maximize your ROAS
If you want to take advantage of all the benefits of PPC ads for luxury brands, consider the following strategies to adopt in your future campaigns and earn more revenue and a higher ROAS:
1. Think about your ideal consumer
Your buyers are important to keep in mind when constructing your PPC campaign. Most consumers who purchase luxury items tend to seek them out because they are exclusive, high-quality, and limited in quantity.
For example, a mass-produced handbag has less perceived value than one handcrafted by a company known for quality and craftsmanship. Buyers recognize this distinction, making it an optimal point to target in PPC campaigns.
Today, luxury consumers tend to be younger than they were before, representing a unique challenge for luxury brands to shift their marketing focus. PPC ads might center more on social media sites in the future, and search engine advertising will also shift to target this younger demographic.
2. Advertise on multiple platforms
While Google Ads is a popular and effective platform for PPC ads, your luxury brand can benefit most from using multiple platforms. Social media networks are a great avenue to reach younger audiences — because of its visual nature, Instagram is a popular platform for advertising luxury clothing and accessories.
3. Take advantage of remarketing opportunities
Just one remarketing campaign can increase conversion rates by as much as 161%. You can use Google Analytics with your Google Ads account to create PPC campaigns that retarget users that have already interacted with your website or previous PPC ads to remind tem of your company and encourage them to come back and complete a purchase.
4. Create mobile-friendly landing pages
Most internet traffic goes through mobile devices these days, meaning mobile-friendly landing pages are more important than ever. Many companies forget to optimize for mobile when creating landing pages for their PPC content, missing out on valuable benefits. A landing page optimized for mobile will help ensure users have the best experience when they click on a PPC ad and ensure they can navigate your website without issues to browse your products and make a purchase.
5. Use compelling copy and images
To incite users to click on your PPC ads, you need to construct compelling copy that draws them in. Stylistic images are also important visual elements that can convey the type of manicured or exclusive image your luxury brand represents. Things like typos and grammatical errors are a big red flag for consumers, but they also look for things like a distinct brand voice and image that conveys who you are.
Your world-class, tech-enabled marketing agency with over 1.6 million hours of combined expertise.
Get started with PPC for luxury brands with WebFX
Are you a luxury brand looking to increase your reach and revenue with PPC ads? The expert strategists at WebFX can work with you to construct effective, compelling PPC ads. We can also help you with your other digital marketing efforts to complement your PPC campaign, like SEO, content marketing, and social media advertising.
For more information on how we can help you increase conversions and expand your reach as a luxury brand, contact our team for a proposal today!