5 Ways to Create Data-Driven Content
But how can you make your content marketing even more effective? Adding data to your content helps you make a stronger impact on your audience and builds their trust in your business.
On this page, we’ll discuss why you should add data to your content and five ways to create data-driven content. If you need help creating content with valuable data, call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist.
Let’s dive in!
Our digital marketing campaigns impact the metrics that improve your bottom line.See More Results
WebFX has driven the following results for clients:
In client revenue
Leads for our clients
Client phone calls
Why is data important to content?
Integrating data into your content has many benefits for your business. Take a look at these three reasons why adding data to your content matters.
1. It helps your audience see the impact
When you create content, the goal is to provide your audience with valuable information they want. You want to attract them to your site with content that will help them learn and answer their questions. Adding data to your content can help them better understand the impact of your statement.
Data helps back up claims you make and shows your audience the impact of what you are saying. For example, saying “Many people enjoy watching videos online” won’t have a strong impact on your audience or provide proof of how many people enjoy videos.
So, let’s say you do some research and find that U.S. adults spend an average of five hours a day watching videos. This stat will make a stronger impact on your audience because it puts a number to your claim. It’s one thing to say that people love videos and another thing to show how much people enjoy videos.
Adding data to your content helps your audience see the impact of your statements. It helps to put a measurement to your statement and helps your audience process your information better.
2. It provides value to your content
Data-driven content is valuable to your audience. It provides your audience with statistical information that proves the validity of your claims. You show your audience that your claims are backed by studies and surveys.
Your audience will see the value in your content when you incorporate data. They will feel more informed about a topic because they have statistics to back up the information. Your content becomes more valuable because you’re proving a point by backing it up with stats.
Stats also help you emphasize the value in taking a certain action. For instance, the stat we used at the beginning of this page stated that businesses using content marketing drive six times more conversions than businesses that don’t.
Upon looking at this stat, someone might be compelled to start investing in content marketing because they can see the large impact it has from the data. Providing data helps your audience see the value in your content and makes them feel more informed about a topic.
3. It builds credibility
Anyone can make claims about anything. You can say people enjoy a certain product or that your product will help complete X, Y, and Z. When you add data to back up these claims, you build your business’s credibility.
Data integration shows your audience that you took the time to learn more about the topic and research it. You wanted your audience to understand your topic well, so you made sure to provide information that helps them better process the information. This, in turn, shows that you value your audience having the right information about a topic.
By incorporating data into your content, you help build your website’s trust and authority. This will help you earn more valuable leads that will turn into conversions for your business.
Learn more about the benefits of data-driven marketing in our video
Where can I obtain data?
When you start adding data to content, you may wonder where you should get the data. There are numerous places you can obtain valuable statistics to add to your content.
- Industry authorities: Industry authorities are a great resource for valuable data about your industry. These sites will have great information pertaining to your industry that you can use in your own content.
- Research companies: Research companies will perform studies about different industries. You can look at these different research companies and see if they have any valuable data about your industry. It’s a great place to get raw data for your content.
- Competitors: You won’t be the only company that is using data-driven content. Your competition will have numerous pieces of data that may be of value to your business. You don’t want to link to their website, but you can track the data to the original source and go from there.
- Conduct your own research: If you struggle to find information regarding your industry, you can take the initiative to conduct your own research. This is a great way to get raw data that is valuable to your business. It will require extra work, but it will help you obtain data you can use in your content.
These are all viable options for you to obtain data. As long as the source is credible, you’ll find great data from these different resources. After you collect your data, you can activate it with a data activation platform to get the most information from each source.
Time to Level Up Your Sales
Our long list of services helps you grow every aspect of your business with marketing strategies that are proven to increase bottom-line metrics like revenue and conversions.
In the past 5 years, we’ve managed more than 12.9 MILLION transactions across our client base.
5 steps to creating data-driven content
Now that you know the importance of data and where you can obtain data, let’s focus on the steps you can take to create data-driven content.
1. Figure out your content angle
The first step to incorporating data into your content is figuring out your content angle. You must know the direction of your content before you start looking for data.
The best thing to do is create an outline for your content. Figure out the points you want to cover on your page. Once you have a basic outline of your content, you can find data that fits into your content.
2. Conduct research
The next step is to conduct research to find data that works with your content. As you conduct research, look for any of the reliable sources we mentioned above. This will help you get credible data for your content.
It is crucial that your data is credible. You don’t want to provide your audience with data that is falsified or skewed. If you rely on credible sources for your data, you won’t need to worry about the validity of the information.
3. Understand what your audience wants
Whenever you create content, it’s important that you consider your audience. They’re the ones reading the content. Think about the type of content your audience wants and what data will help them understand the content better.
You should also know your audience well enough to understand the type of content they want. Whether it’s blogs, videos, or infographics, pay attention to the style of content they want to see. In addition, cover topics that your audience is searching, so you can drive them to your page.
When you understand the type of content your audience wants, you can find data that will help make that content better.
4. Make it easy to understand
Not everyone who checks out your content will be an expert in your field. You can provide them with numerous stats, but if it isn’t easy to comprehend, it won’t matter. When you incorporate data into your content, ensure that it’s easy for your audience to understand.
Make sure you present your data in a way that’s easy to digest. There’s no point in putting data into your content if your audience doesn’t understand it. Make sure you explain your data and make it clear for your audience to comprehend.
5. Use visuals
When you’re presenting data, the most important part is making sure your audience understands that data. Visuals can help your audience process data information easier.
When you present your data visually, you make it easier for your audience to understand your content. It makes the data stand out and presents it to them clearly. Adding visual elements to your data can make it easier to digest and comprehend the information.
You’ll make a bigger impact, too. A visual representation of the data will stand out to your audience and ensure that they see that information.
WebFX will help you incorporate data into your content
Incorporating data into your content has a powerful impact on how your audience processes your content. It can help emphasize a point and back up claims you make, which builds your website’s trust and authority. At WebFX, we know how to integrate valuable data into content to drive results.
We’re a full-service digital marketing company that specializes in content marketing. Our team of 500+ experts will bring their skills and expertise to your campaign. We’ll help you create a content marketing plan that focuses on incorporating data that helps drive results for your campaign.
If you’re looking for a company that knows how to drive valuable results, look no further than WebFX. In the last five years, we’ve driven over $6 billion in sales and over 7.8 million leads for our clients. You can count on our team of experts to help you create a content marketing campaign that grows your business.
Don’t believe us? Just ask our clients! Check out our glowing 1090+ client testimonials that attest to the awesome work we do for them!
Start adding data to content today
We look forward to helping your business reach new heights!
- 3 Tips for Creating Valuable Content in the Content Marketing Funnel
- 5 Tips for Creating Immersive Content
- 5 Ways to Make Your Content Marketing More Effective
- 7 Types of Interactive Content to Engage Your Audience [With Examples!]
- 8 Content Curation Examples That Will Make You Want to Start Curating Content
- Best Content Marketing Strategies
- Content Marketing Trends
- Content Strategy Insights from a WebFX Content Strategist
- How to Create a Content Calendar
- What is Content Mapping? How to Connect Your Pages and Improve Navigation
- 14 Tips for Website Copywriting
- 6 Tips for Choosing the Best Content Marketing Company
- 8 Tips for Creating Ebook Landing Pages That Convert
- 9 Best Practices for Website Copywriting
- Best Content Marketing Companies
- Content Marketing Consultants
- Content Marketing ROI
- Content Marketing Trends
- Does Content Marketing Generate High ROI
- Does Content Marketing Generate Leads
- Does Content Marketing Increase Sales
- Elements of High Quality Content
- Examples of Successful Longform Content
- Overview of the Best Video Marketing Companies
- Sales Funnel Content Ideas