Whether someone needs to get their hearing checked or wants to try new hearing aids, they’ll likely turn to the Internet to help them find the right practice. Unfortunately, if your audiology practice doesn’t have a strong digital marketing plan, these prospects will likely miss your practice when looking online.
So, where do you start with audiology digital marketing?
Here are four audiology digital marketing ideas your practice needs to try:
- Optimize your presence in search engines to drive more potential patients to your site
- Create content to share valuable knowledge with prospects that want it
- Claim your Google Business Profile listing to drive local leads
- Run paid ads to obtain leads ready to choose an audiologist
Keep reading to learn more about these ideas! And if you find yourself feeling overwhelmed with developing an audiologist digital marketing campaign, WebFX has a team of over 450 marketing experts that can help. Contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist about our digital marketing services!
Our digital marketing campaigns impact the metrics that improve your bottom line.See More Results
WebFX has driven the following results for clients:
In client revenue
Leads for our clients
Client phone calls
Digital marketing for audiologists: 4 strategies to use
To get started with audiology marketing using digital channels, check out these four strategies you can use to help you build an online presence!
1. Optimize your presence in search engines to drive more potential patients to your site
First on our list of digital marketing ideas for audiologists is to optimize your presence in search engines — a strategy known as search engine optimization (SEO). When people want to find the right audiologist, they turn to search engines like Google.
If you want people to find your practice when they need your services, follow these SEO best practices to help your practice appear in more relevant search results:
- Identify relevant keywords for your website: Keywords trigger your website to appear in relevant search results, so you must conduct keyword research to help you find the right terms for your site. You can use keyword research tools, like KeywordsFX, to help you identify the most high-quality keywords to target.
- Integrate keywords into your site: In addition to identifying relevant terms, you also must integrate those terms into your site to help your pages rank. Integrate them into places like your title tag, meta description, header tags, and body text.
- Improve site load time: Your site won’t rank well in search results if it loads too slow — users want information fast and are less likely to interact with a slow site. Use a tool like PageSpeed Insights to help you see your site’s current load time and get suggestions to improve.
- Create a mobile-friendly site: Google now uses a mobile-first index, so you need to have an optimized mobile site to rank in search. Integrate responsive design to make your site look good on mobile — responsive design enables your site to adapt to whatever device a user uses and deliver a seamless experience.
2. Create content to share valuable knowledge with prospects that want it
One of the most important tactics you need to include when you do digital marketing for audiologists is content marketing. Content marketing involves creating and distributing information and knowledge about audiology that prospects want to know.
This strategy is a great way to show potential patients that you’re a trustworthy and knowledgeable source for all things hearing.
Content doesn’t come in just one form. Some popular content marketing formats include:
You can use various formats to appeal to different members of your audience who like to consume content in multiple ways.
To help you create successful content, follow these best practices:
- Check the search intent: Before you craft your content, search your keyword topic on Google and see what’s already ranking. Search intent is the meaning behind the keyword search — it’s what people want to find. Checking the search intent will help guide the direction of your content so that you can rank in search results.
- Focus on evergreen content: When you craft content, you want to focus on evergreen content — content that remains relevant as time passes. Sustainable evergreen content will continually produce results for your audiology practice, which allows for continual growth.
- Create content often: If you want to have a steady stream of traffic flowing to your audiology practice’s site, you must create and share content often. It will create new avenues for future patients to discover your practice. How frequently you make content may take some testing to figure out the right amount for your practice.
- Use a content calendar to stay organized: With creating content so often, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and lose track of what you’re creating and publishing. Use a content calendar to help you stay organized and stick to your deadlines.
3. Claim your Google Business Profile listing to drive local leads
One of the most essential audiology digital marketing ideas your practice needs to know is to claim your Google Business Profile listing. When people search for an audiologist, potential clients typically look for a practice in their area — local search listings are the perfect place for these prospects to find the right hearing doctor.
If you want patients to find your audiology practice before the competition, you must start by claiming your Google Business Profile listing. Once you claim it, you’ll want to fill it out to give patients well-rounded information about your audiology practice.
Here’s how you can optimize your Google Business Profile listing to get the most from it:
- Verifying your name, address, and phone number (NAP): The first step to filling out your Google Business Profile is to verify your NAP information. You want to ensure it’s accurate, so potential patients get the correct information when discovering your audiology office.
- Add a short blurb about your practice: Adding a short blurb about your practice provides your audience with insight into your practice, the services you provide, and more. You can write something as simple as, “We’ve been providing exemplary ear care for over 20 years. From hearing aids to tinnitus treatment, we can help you improve your hearing!”
- Add your hours of operation: When you fill out your Google My Business profile, make sure you include your hours of operation as part of your listing. It will help ensure that your audience knows when they can contact your practice to book an appointment.
- Add photos to your listing: Photos have a massive impact on your Google My Business listing’s performance. Listings with 100+ images get 1065% more website clicks and 520% more phone calls. Consider adding photos of the inside of your practice, your staff, and products you offer, like hearing aids.
4. Run paid ads to obtain leads ready to choose an audiologist
If you want to get started with digital marketing for audiologists, start by running paid ads to acquire new patients for your practice. This strategy, known as pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, enables you to put your audiology practice at the top of search results.
These paid ads can help you outrank your competition and drive more qualified leads for your practice.
If you want to launch a successful PPC strategy, follow these best practices:
- Focus on long-tail keywords: Like SEO, keywords are a critical component to helping your ad appear in front of relevant leads. Focus on long-tail keywords — which contain three or more words — to help keep your costs low and drive more qualified leads.
- Use ad extensions: Ad extensions enable you to put more information in your ad that can help you drive more leads through your ads. You can use extensions like sitelink extensions, call extensions, and more to help generate more prospects with your ads.
- Create a custom landing page: Once prospects click on your ad, your job isn’t done. You must keep them engaged with your practice by creating a custom landing page. Your custom landing page should focus solely on the audiology service you’re advertising, whether it’s hearing aids, hearing tests, or something else.
- Optimize your bid: For your ad to appear in search results, you must bid on your selected keywords. Once you launch your PPC ads, you’ll want to continually optimize and adjust your bid amount to maximize your budget.
Get started with audiology digital marketing today
With this list of digital marketing ideas for audiologists, you can start building your marketing campaign to drive more patients to your practice. But if you’re unsure of where to start or feel overwhelmed with trying to launch a campaign, WebFX is here to help.
We have over 25 years of experience in digital marketing — we know how to craft campaigns that help your practice grow online. In fact, we’ve driven over 7.8 million leads for our clients in the past five years alone — we can help you attract new patients to your practice.