Digital Advertising for Enterprises: How to Advertise Online
On this page, we’ll cover everything you need to know about enterprise digital advertising, including:
- What enterprise digital advertising is
- What types of digital advertising strategies you can use
- How you can start doing enterprise online advertising
Need help with paid advertising for enterprises?
With a team of over 500 skilled marketing experts, we can help you craft a custom enterprise digital advertising campaign that boosts revenue for your business. Contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist about our digital advertising services!
What is enterprise digital advertising?
Enterprise digital advertising involves creating ads for enterprise-level clients. From paid search ads to social media ads, enterprise companies can promote their businesses to prospective leads to get them interested in their products or services.
5 types of digital advertising for enterprises
There are several types of strategies that help enterprises generate more leads and revenue.
Here are five types of digital advertising for enterprises that can help you spark online growth:
1. Social media advertising
In today’s world, consumers are more connected than ever. One of the places where people connect is social media. As a result, social media advertising is an excellent strategy for your enterprise business to reach people where they spend their time.
To run a successful social media campaign, start by setting goals for your ads. Your goals will determine how your ads look and who you target. It also influences features like your call to action (CTA) button, as you want to choose the right CTA to drive users.
Once you set goals, establish your target audience. You want to define the characteristics of your target audience, like age, gender, location, and interests. This information will help you form buyer personas so that you can target the right people.
You’ll then craft your ad visual and copy to show to these targeted leads.
Running social media ads offers numerous benefits for your business.
You can reap rewards like:
- Increased brand awareness
- Increased website traffic
- Improved customer relationships
- Increased conversions
Below are some examples of social media platforms that can be used to improve the effectiveness of advertising for an enterprise:
- Facebook: Facebook is a platform used by many individuals across the globe and is a great network for businesses to post ads to reach a large audience. A few examples of what you can advertise include promotions, limited-time offers, or sign-ups for online events.
- Instagram: Instagram is the platform for increasing engagement with your brand. Image and video ads show up on the feed, and the user can click it to be taken directly to the landing page.
2. Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising involves showing paid ads at the top of search results. When you run PPC ads, you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. This strategy helps people discover your business first, so you can drive qualified leads to your enterprise business.
To start with PPC, you must select keywords for your ads. Keywords determine where your ads appear in search results. You’ll need to conduct keyword research to identify relevant terms and bid on them for your ads.
Aside from keyword selection, you’ll also need to set your ad copy. Your ad copy appears in search results before interested leads, so it’s critical that you make it compelling and informative so people click on your ads.
Additionally, once they click on your ads, you want to drive them to a tailored landing page. Your landing page should focus on the information included in your ad and expand upon it, so users can get more informed.
To run effective ads for your business, you need to:
- Add negative keywords to keep your ad from appearing in irrelevant search results
- Optimize your bid amount to maximize your budget
- Use ad extensions to provide more helpful information
3. Programmatic advertising
Programmatic advertising is a type of paid advertising that involves real-time bidding and automation to help companies bid on ad real estate. This type of advertising involves showing display ads on third-party websites.
With programmatic advertising, there are three main components that make up the bidding system:
- Sell-side platform (SSP)
- Demand-side platform (DSP)
- Ad exchange
Companies can offer space on their website that other companies can buy to put their ads. These websites are part of Google’s Display Network. You can see these ads in multiple places, including the top of the page, middle of a page, and sidebars.
There is some competition for scoring this ad space, so it’s critical that your enterprise business creates a relevant ad to win more ad space.
So, how does your ad end up on a website?
Here’s the simplified process of what happens when an ad is displayed through programmatic advertising:
- User visits a website
- The SSP and DSP communicate with each other to figure out which ads are most relevant to the visitor
- The most relevant ad is chosen
- The ad appears on the website
- The user sees the ad
This entire process happens within milliseconds –– users don’t even know the auction happens.
Programmatic advertising is an excellent addition to enterprise digital advertising because it enables you to automate the bidding process. This strategy can help you get your ads in front of people most interested in what you offer.
4. Google Local Services ads
Google Local Services ads are great for businesses that offer services to users. These advertisements are paid for and appear at the top of Google’s search results when a user types in keywords related to the company’s services.
How you pay for these ads is different from traditional PPC advertising. You pay for these ads when someone contacts your business through the ad — you don’t pay if people click on your ad to learn more information.
In these ads, you share basic information about your business, including:
- Business name
- Business location
- Hours of operation
- Phone number
- Google star rating
- Services you offer
Your Google Local Services ad can also highlight other valuable assets of your business, like your years in business, if you’re family-owned, and your Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating.
These ads are also a way to show that your business is trustworthy with the Google Guarantee badge. This badge builds trust and shows people that Google backs you.
Google Local Services ads are a great way to reach local customers who need to hire a professional for services in their area.
5. Geofencing advertising
Geofencing advertising involves targeting people in your local area based on their location. As the name suggests, you create a virtual fence around a geographic area, and when people enter that fence, they’re served an ad or push notification from your business.
With geofencing, you have two options: Competitor and addressable.
Competitor geofencing focuses on your business’s competitors’ locations and designs a fenced-in area around those specific locations to display your ads. These fences and target locations can be a range of distances to ensure you reach your audience.
On the other hand, addressable geofencing lets your business focus on a particular location, like a neighborhood, with more specificity.
Both ad options are great for reaching people in your target market. It’s an excellent way for you to get people thinking about your business and drive them to visit you.
How to get started with digital advertising for enterprises
Enterprise online advertising is a great option for helping your business reach people most interested in what you offer. To get started with digital advertising for enterprises, keep these thoughts in mind:
- Be prepared for the market landscape to change: You could be doing great with paid advertising, but if Google makes a change, you will have to reinforce your strategies. Keep up with trends and changes to ensure your ads continuously produce results.
- Have your goals in place: Establishing a long-term strategy for your advertisements will allow progression and improvement for goals. For example, you may say you want to generate x amount of leads in a quarter. Setting goals enables your enterprise to build an informed strategy.
- Set your budget: Setting a budget early will help you determine which strategies fit within your budget. It will ensure you’re not overextending your business while still creating an effective strategy for online growth.
Capture more revenue with enterprise digital advertising
Enterprise digital advertising is your key to unlocking more revenue.
At WebFX, we want to help your enterprise business make the best decision when it comes to digital advertising. We have a team of 500+ subject-matter experts bringing expertise to your advertising campaigns.
We provide advertising services to develop strategies for companies such as the ones mentioned above and even more. Our strategic approach to paid advertising drives results –– we’ve driven over $3 billion in revenue in the past five years for our clients.
- Delve into the Best Account-Based Marketing Agencies and Services
- Digital Advertising
- Digital Advertising for B2C Companies
- Digital Advertising for Ecommerce
- Digital Advertising for SMBs
- Digital Advertising in Central PA
- Digital Advertising Statistics
- Digital Advertising Tech
- Does Your Audience Use Ad Blockers?
- How Much Does It Cost to Advertise on the Internet?