The goal of running a business comes down to revenue, and the key to driving revenue is to advertise your company. For that reason, marketing is essential for the success of your business. But where can you learn how to advertise your business? Right here!
Keep reading to learn about the seven best tactics for how to promote your business:
- Practice SEO On Your Website
- Craft Engaging Web Content
- Run Paid Ads Through Google
- Create A Google Business Profile
- Send Out Marketing Emails
- Market Your Business On Social Media
- Practice Good Web Design
If you’re feeling lost, don’t worry — we’ve got the answers you need! Just keep reading to learn more about the best ways to advertise your business. Then subscribe to Revenue Weekly — our email newsletter — to get more marketing tips from the agency with over 1020 client testimonials!
7 best ways to promote your business
The best ways to promote your business include:
1. Practice SEO on your website
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a digital marketing strategy that focuses on optimizing your web content to rank in relevant Google search results. SEO is a key component to helping improve your website’s performance.
When you optimize your site for SEO, you significantly increase its chances of ranking high in search results. Some ways you can improve your on-site SEO include:
- Integrating relevant keywords into your text content
- Optimizing your images
- Using HTTPS on your site
- Earning backlinks for your content
- And more!
When you implement each of the above tactics, you’ll drive more qualified site traffic through Google!
2. Craft engaging web content
It’s not enough to bring users to your website — you also need to have something there that encourages them to stick around. You need your site to feature some compelling content to keep site visitors engaged with your business.
Your content should be mostly informative, educating users about your business and industry. It can take various forms — written content like blog posts is a very effective way to draw people in, but you can also use formats like video.
Ultimately, your content should serve to get users interested in your business and set them on a path toward converting.
3. Run paid ads through Google
Another way to promote your business is to run paid ad campaigns in Google. You can do this through Google Ads, where you can create and optimize your ads.
In Google Ads, you can bid on specific keywords you want to target. With an optimal bidding strategy and a high enough Ad Rank, you can get your ads to display at the very top of search results for your target searches.
You can also use Google Ads to run display ads, which appear in the margins of third-party sites. These ads are visual, usually appearing as boxes or bars. However, they — just like search ads — ultimately lead users to landing pages that push them toward converting.
4. Create a Google Business Profile
If you’re targeting a specific geographical area, you could benefit from appearing in local searches. For instance, if someone searches for “construction company near me,” you want your construction company to appear in those results if that person is in your area.
Fortunately, there’s an easy way to accomplish that — you can set up a Google Business Profile for your company. Fill out your profile with information like your location and hours of operation. The more information you include about your business, the higher your chances of appearing in search results.
When someone performs a local search for companies in your industry, Google will often return a local 3-pack, which will include your Google Business Profile.
5. Send out marketing emails
Email marketing is yet another answer for how to advertise your business. It allows you to reach people right in their inboxes, and you can have your emails refer them back to your website to encourage them to make a purchase.
To get people to sign up for your emails, place email signup forms around your website. As your email list grows, you can have the benefit of knowing that everyone on that list signed up for your emails voluntarily.
You can then optimize your emails with tactics like personalization, where you address each email to the specific individual receiving it. You can even tailor the content of the email to the individual user based on their activity on your website.
6. Market your business on social media
Did you know that 80% of users have gotten advice on a product purchase from social media? That makes social media an excellent place to influence people’s buying habits, so you’d be remiss not to market there.
When you create a social media account for your business, you can use it to post engaging content that will draw in users. Then you can direct those users to your website, where they can become customers.
You can also run paid social media ads from your account. Those ads will appear in users’ feeds, and you can target those users based on specific information, like demographics or buying habits, to ensure that you’re reaching your ideal audience.
7. Practice good web design
Social media, SEO, email marketing — where’s the one place they all lead? The answer is your website. Your site is a hotspot for conversions, so it’s essential that you take the time to optimize it for a positive user experience. It should both look good and function efficiently.
Some of the ways you can improve your web design include:
- Optimizing your page speeds
- Making your website more mobile-friendly
- Creating an intuitive navigation setup
- Branding yourself through your visual design
- And more!
With a top-tier web design, you’ll retain all that traffic your other marketing tactics bring in, and even nurture those leads toward a purchase! That’s why web design is one of the best ways to advertise your business.
Clutch has personally interviewed more than 250 WebFX clients to discuss their experience partnering with us.
Independent research from Clutch has named WebFX the
top SEO company in the United States.
Clutch has personally interviewed more than 250 WebFX clients to discuss their experience partnering with us.Read More Clutch Reviews
You know how to advertise your business. Now, let’s get started.
Now that you know more about how to advertise your business online, it’s time to start putting that knowledge into action. But if you’re still unsure precisely how to execute it, don’t worry — WebFX can help!
By partnering with us for our digital marketing services, you can set your marketing efforts into the hands of trusted professionals with over 25 years of experience in the digital marketing field. We can’t wait to create a marketing plan that helps your business drive more leads and revenue!
To get started with us, just call 888-601-5359 or contact us online today!
Table of Contents
- 7 best ways to promote your business
- 1. Practice SEO on your website
- 2. Craft engaging web content
- 3. Run paid ads through Google
- 4. Create a Google Business Profile
- 5. Send out marketing emails
- 6. Market your business on social media
- 7. Practice good web design
- You know how to advertise your business. Now, let’s get started.
- How Does CTV Advertising Work? The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide
- 6 Ad Campaign Examples You’ll Want to Copy
- Subliminal Advertising: Definition and Examples
- How to Use Twilio SMS to Advertise Your Business
- A Full Overview of Impressions vs. Clicks
- Top 6 Marketing & Advertising Channels You Should Prioritize in 2023
- 5 Easy Steps for How to Write an Ad Like a Pro
- 14 Critical Advertising Metrics You Need to Watch in 2023
- 6 Steps for an Awesome Programmatic Advertising Strategy
Marketing Tips for Niche Industries
- 6 Ways You Can Use Remarketing for Plumbers
- How to Use Google Ads Hotel Guest Stay Campaign Management for More Bookings
- 3 Fantastic Farmers Market Advertising Ideas
- What Is Industrial Advertising and Why Invest in Industrial Digital Advertising?
- What Are Co-op Advertising Dollars, and How Can They Help You?
How is your website’s SEO?
Use our free tool to get your score calculated in under 60 seconds.
Get posts by email
Join 200,000 marketing managers and subscribe to Revenue Weekly!
"*" indicates required fields
Join our mission to provide industry-leading digital marketing services to businesses around the globe - all while building your personal knowledge and growing as an individual.