Did you know that 80% of shoppers do product research online? When it comes to buying products, shoppers turn to search engines like Google to educate themselves and find the right product that fits their needs.
If you’re using search engine optimization (SEO) to help you reach qualified shoppers, you’re off to a great start. But if you aren’t using SEO audit tools to check your SEO performance, you may be throwing money away on strategies that aren’t working.
SEO audit tools help you analyze your SEO performance to determine what strategies work and where you need to make improvements.
On this page, we’ll provide you with a list of the best SEO audit tools you can use, including:
- Screaming Frog
- SEO Checker
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- UpCity SEO Report Card
- Semrush Site Audit
- Google PageSpeed Insights
- Page Modified
- SEO Site Checkup
- SERP Racer
- PageOptimizer Pro
Keep reading to learn more about how SEO audit software can help you improve your campaigns!
19 SEO audit tools you can use to check your performance
Looking for reliable SEO audit tools? Here are 26 great options for your business!
1. Screaming Frog
Cost: $113 per year (free option available)
The free and paid version of Screaming Frog includes these top features:
- Finding problems with links: Screaming Frog will help you identify broken links, errors, and redirects on your website. These factors can negatively impact your site’s SEO, so Screaming Frog enables you to identify these troublesome links to repair them.
- Discovering duplicate content: If you have duplicate content on your website, Google may struggle to determine which page to rank for the target keywords. Screaming Frog can help you identify this content and fix it so the right pages rank.
- Analyze page titles and metadata: Your title tag plays a critical role in enticing people to click on your listing in the search results. Screaming Frog analyzes these titles to see how you can improve your click-through rate (CTR).
If you invest in the paid version of Screaming Frog, you’ll receive additional features like:
- Crawl configuration
- Custom robots.txt
- Structured data and validation
- Custom source code search
- Search Console and PageSpeed Insights integration
- Free technical support
Screaming Frog is a great option to help you audit different parts of your SEO strategy to make improvements.
2. SEO Checker
Next on our list of tools for SEO audits is SEO Checker. SEO Checker is a free SEO audit tool you can use to analyze your website’s SEO.
With SEO Checker, you input your website’s URL and get a report sent to your email that details your website’s results.
This free SEO audit tool provides you with information like:
- Your SEO score: This score immediately tells you the health of your SEO. You will see if your SEO is good, okay, or poor.
- Site speed analysis: SEO Checker will tell you if your website’s speed is up to par and how you can improve it to have faster load speeds.
- Meta tag assessment: Your meta tags impact your site’s ranking in search results. This SEO audit tool will assess your meta tags to show you how you can improve them for better rankings.
- Mobile-friendly check: Having a mobile-friendly website is critical to ranking on Google, since it uses a mobile-first index. SEO Checker will help you see if your website is mobile-friendly and, if not, how to make it mobile-friendly.
These are just a few features you can expect with SEO Checker. It’s a great free option if you’re looking for a comprehensive SEO report showing you what’s working with your SEO and where you need to improve.
How is your website’s SEO?
Use our free tool to calculate your score in under 60 seconds.
Cost: $99+ per month
Next on our list of tools for SEO audits is Ahrefs. Ahrefs is a comprehensive tool that provides you with information about different aspects of your SEO.
The features you access will depend upon your package. The cheapest package, which is $99 per month, offers:
- Site Explorer: This feature enables you to audit your competitor’s keyword rankings and backlinks. You can use this information to optimize your SEO strategy and find opportunities to outperform your competition.
- Keyword Explorer: Keywords are critical to SEO because users use them to find relevant results. Keyword Explorer will help you identify what keywords you rank for in search results so that you can reoptimize your pages for relevant terms.
- Site Audit: Ahref’s Site Audit feature analyzes your website for SEO problems. You can use this audit to find what’s keeping your website from ranking higher and make improvements to rank better.
Ahrefs is one of the best SEO audit tools for improving your SEO performance and helping you outperform your competition.
4. Google Analytics
Next on our list of SEO audit tools is Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a free SEO audit tool that makes it easy for you to see how your website performs in search results.
With Google Analytics, you can:
- Channel traffic: Google Analytics will help you see which channels drive traffic for your business. If you’re seeing your search traffic is low, it indicates you need to improve your SEO.
- User behavior: Google Analytics provides you with in-depth details about users’ behavior on your website. You can see which pages have high page views, a high exit rate, and a low time on page. All this information can help you understand how to optimize your page to improve those metrics.
- Website speed: A critical factor of your website’s ranking is page speed. With Google Analytics, you can see your website’s load time and figure out where you need to make improvements.
Google Analytics is a free SEO audit tool for companies that know how to interpret SEO data to make changes. If you aren’t sure how to read the data from Google Analytics, you may need to enlist the help of an SEO agency.
5. Google Search Console
If you use Google Search Console, you’ll gain access to great features like:
- Search performance tracking: With Google Search Console, you can see what queries drive users to visit your website. You can analyze your position in the search results and gain insights into how you can improve your ranking.
- Website error tracking: If you have problems with your website, Google will notify you through Search Console. This tool helps you identify issues with your URLs to make quick repairs and improve your SEO.
- Index analysis: Google Search Console will analyze your URLs to provide you with details about Google’s ability to crawl and index your pages. Since crawling and indexing are critical to helping your website rank in searches, this tool is great for seeing if you have pages that aren’t crawled or indexed correctly.
This SEO audit software is excellent for pinpointing problems with your website so you can fix them and improve your SEO.
6. Upcity SEO Report Card
Last on our best SEO audit tool list is Upcity’s free SEO Report Card. With this option, you submit your information to get a grade for your SEO and find ways you can improve your score.
To get your report card, you’ll need to supply your:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Website URL
- Main keyword you target
You can also provide a competitor’s domain to compare your performance to theirs. Once you submit this information, you’ll get a report that provides details about your:
This SEO audit software is an excellent option if you want a detailed analysis of your website’s SEO.
Cost: $5-$179 per month (free trial available)
Seomator analyzes multiple parts of your website, including your:
- Overall search optimization
- Internal link structure
- HTML tags
- Website speed
- Content quality
- and more
It’s a great option if you’re looking for a comprehensive tool that makes it easy for you to figure out how to improve your SEO!
8. Semrush Site Audit
Cost: $119-$450 per month
Another one of the best SEO audit tools to try is Semrush. Semrush’s software includes numerous features for improving your SEO, but for this blog, we’ll focus on the audit feature.
With Semrush’s audit feature, you’ll get everything you need to improve your website’s SEO, including:
- Page speed analysis
- Crawability analysis
- Meta tag optimization
- Internal linking structure analysis
- and more
This audit is a great resource for you to figure out what you need to improve on your website.
9. Google PageSpeed Insights
One of the most important aspects of your SEO is your website’s load time. People don’t want to wait for your website to load –– Users expect your website to load within two seconds. A faster website means a better user experience, which leads to improved SEO.
This tool analyzes how quickly your website loads and provides you with a breakdown of how different elements load on your website. You’ll also see how your website loads on mobile compared to desktop.
Additionally, this free SEO audit tool will provide you with suggestions for how you can improve your website’s load time.
Cost: Contact for demo
If you’re looking SEO audit software that will help you improve your strategy, check out DeepCrawl. DeepCrawl is an in-depth SEO audit tool that helps you monitor your SEO strategy, analyze its performance, and make improvements.
DeepCrawl provides you with everything you need to improve your SEO strategy, including:
- Domain monitoring
- Auditing of millions of pages
- Flexible API to crawl pages when needed
- Customizable dashboards
- and more
This tool is valuable for helping you audit your SEO efforts and make improvements to drive better results.
Cost: $63-$450 per month (Custom plans available)
If you’re looking for a tool that helps you monitor and improve your website’s performance, GTMetrix is the solution for you. This tool helps you monitor and analyze your website’s load time to make improvements.
There are numerous great features with GTMetrix, including:
- Alerts when your website is slow
- Analysis of your website’s performance on different devices
- Global testing
- On-demand tests
- and more
If you want to improve your website’s performance, GTMetrix is a great tool to help you do it.
Cost: $69-$250 per month (Custom plans available)
If you want SEO audit software that helps you improve your SEO strategy, OnCrawl is the solution for you. This software crawls your website to analyze your SEO efforts.
With OnCrawl, you’ll get great features like:
- A minimum of 100,000 URLs crawled per month (more for bigger and custom plans)
- Crawl comparison
- Data exporting
- Custom dashboards
- And more!
If you’re looking for a simple tool that provides you with a basic analysis of your SEO efforts, OnCrawl is a good option.
13. Page Modified
Cost: $5-$50 per domain per month (free plan available)
Next on this list of the best SEO audit tools is Page Modified. This affordable SEO audit tool is a perfect addition for your business if you want a tool that can crawl your website and help you improve your pages.
You’ll get dozens of great features with this tool, including:
- Weekly website crawls
- Full crawls of every page on your website
- Monitoring alerts
- Website backups
- and more
If you need a great link crawler to improve your website, look no further than Page Modified.
Cost: $33-$299 per month
Another one of the best tools for SEO audits is SpyFu. Not only is this tool a top SEO audit tool, but it also provides other great features like competitor analysis.
Here are some great features you’ll get with SpyFu:
- Custom reporting
- Backlink builder
- Ranking tracking
- Search engine results page analysis
- Competitor analysis
- and more
Cost: $39-$191 per month
Another great tool to add to this list of the best SEO audit tools is SERanking. SERanking can help you analyze your website to see how you can improve your SEO strategy.
Here are some features you’ll get with SEranking:
- Website audit for a minimum of 40,000 pages
- Monitoring for a minimum of 6000 backlinks
- Competitor research
- Competitor keyword research
- and more
This SEO audit tool is a great option if you want to monitor your SEO efforts while also keeping tabs on your competition.
16. SEO Site Checkup
Cost: $30-$90 per month
If you want to keep tabs on your SEO efforts, SEO Site Checkup is the tool for you. This SEO audit tool provides you with insights into your SEO strategy so you can make improvements to help your site rank better.
Your package will include:
- Monitoring of your website
- Website analysis
- Keyword monitoring
- Competitor analysis
- and more
If you’re looking for one of the top SEO audit tools for improving your SEO, look no further than SEO Site Checkup.
17. SERP Racer
If you’re looking for a free SEO audit tool, look no further than SERP Racer. This tool enables you to see how quickly your website loads compared to other websites competiting for the same keywords.
All you have to do is input the keyword you’re targeting and see how the top results stack-up in terms of their website load time.
This tool enables you to see how fast your website needs to be to rank in the search results. Even though page speed is only one factor in determining where your website ranks, it’s an important factor to monitor to give your website the best opportunity to rank.
Cost: $49-$99 per month
One of the best SEO audit tools you can use to check your SEO is Surfer. While Surfer provides other tools to help you market your business better, it’s most prominent feature is their audit report tool.
This SEO audit tool will analyze individual pages and perform the following:
- Identify old content you can repurpose for better rankings
- Discover SEO errors you can fix
- Provide step-by-step instructions for earning higher rankings based on data
- and more!
If you want an audit tool that provides you all the insight you need to improve your search engine performance, Surfer is a great option.
19. PageOptimizer Pro
Cost: $22-$44 per month
Last on this list of the best SEO audit tools is PageOptimizer Pro. This tool enables you to analyze your current SEO listings and get recommendations for how you can improve your SEO.
Here are just a few features you’ll get with PageOptimizer Pro:
- Keyword recommendations
- Variation words
- Schema optimization recommendations
- Analysis of current vs. target keyword count
- And more
This comprehensive SEO audit tool is a great option if you want to gain insight into critical aspects of your SEO, like keyword recommendations.
The best SEO audit tool for your business: WebFX
Whether you use a free SEO audit tool or pay for one, it’s necessary to analyze your SEO to ensure your campaigns effectively drive the traffic and leads you desire. But if you want an audit that goes more in-depth than what these tools offer, WebFX can help.
With our SEO audit services, you’ll get a transparent analysis of your website’s technical, off-page, and on-page SEO. We’ll do an in-depth analysis of your website’s SEO to help you uncover any issues that hinder your website from ranking better in search results.