Check Out the Best Walmart Advertising Companies and Services In-store and online, millions of people shop at Walmart. The retail giant offers everything from food to home necessities to clothing, making Walmart Marketplace the perfect place to advertise your products. […]
What is an Online Marketplace? Your Key to Online Growth Did you know that consumers spent $2.6 trillion globally on the top 100 online marketplaces in 2024? More consumers are shifting towards using online marketplaces to find the products […]
Walmart Marketplace Advertising Management Services WebFX is a forward-thinking digital agency that provides unique strategies and services to propel your business to new heights online. Walmart Marketplace is a rapidly growing revenue driver for ecommerce. Learn about our management plans […]
Target Plus™ Management & Optimization Services WebFX partners with growing ecommerce businesses like yours to provide cutting-edge strategies and services. Target Plus™ is a rapidly growing opportunity for ecommerce businesses to partner with one of the world’s largest retailers. Learn […]
Earn More Orders With Marketplace Product Video Production Services Build more interest and drive more sales with professional product videos that highlight the quality, uses, and unmatched benefits of your item. Put your products in the spotlight today with our […]
Walmart Marketplace for Small Business | FAQs As a small business owner, you’re always looking for ways to branch out beyond your local community. Online marketplaces, like Amazon Marketplace and eBay, provide a great opportunity for your business to reach […]
9 Reasons Why You Should Sell on Walmart Marketplace As a business, you want to sell more products and earn more revenue. While Amazon and eBay are popular places to sell products online, Walmart Marketplace has emerged as another great […]
4 Walmart Advertising Strategies That Help You Sell More Did you know that the average family of four spends more than $4000 at Walmart each year? Read the Selling Online Guide
How to Become a Successful Walmart Marketplace Seller Around 18,000 third-party sellers offer their products on Walmart.com or Walmart Marketplace. This number, which is significantly less than the millions of active sellers on Amazon, gives businesses a less competitive opportunity […]
Learn online marketplace marketing from the experts: Your guide to online marketplaces
It has never been easier to reach a large audience than in this day and age. Whether you run a small mom-and-pop store or a multi-location corporation, the emergence of online marketplaces has allowed for a shift in how business is conducted.
Gone are the days of selling from house to house or customers having to physically come into a store to purchase a product or service. With the right strategy behind your online marketplace, the opportunities for your business to grow are nearly endless!
Want to learn more about online marketplaces?
Just keep reading and explore the following resources to learn about what an online marketplace is, why you should consider selling on an ecommerce marketplace, the best online selling platforms, and more!
What is an online marketplace?
Online marketplaces are one of the top trends in the retail sector. An ecommerce online marketplace is simply a site that offers an array of products that are for sale from different sellers. Just like with a physical store, an online marketplace’s number one goal is to generate revenue from consumers who are purchasing products and services.
Learn more about the basics of online marketplaces
Online marketplaces basics resources
- What Is an Online Marketplace?
- Where & How to Sell Online: Top Online Marketplaces
- What Is Walmart Marketplace?
- What is Sears Marketplace? [+5 Benefits of Sears Marketplace]
- What is Alibaba and How Can You Become an Alibaba Seller?
- Walmart Marketplace for Small Business | FAQs
- What Is Ecommerce Amazon Marketing?
- Marketing Resources for Amazon | WebFX
- What Is Amazon Marketing and How Does It Work?
6 best online selling platforms for businesses
One of the most exciting things about the Internet is that there are so many options when it comes to choosing the right online selling platform for your business. However, this can also be overwhelming. To help guide you through the online marketplace jungle, here are some of the best online selling platforms for businesses:
The largest ecommerce marketplace in the United States, Amazon has 5 million marketplace sellers and a whopping 197 million U.S. shoppers that browse the site every month. Amazon is best suited for medium to large sellers that want additional exposure for their products.
When you think of Walmart, you probably think of their physical store locations. But Walmart is also one of the fastest growing online marketplaces, and it doesn’t show any signs of slowing down. Just like Amazon, Walmart is perfect for medium and large businesses that are looking to increase their exposure. After submitting an application and getting approved, sellers have access to over 110 million shoppers each month! Additionally, Walmart doesn’t charge a monthly fee like its rivals. The only cost to vendors is a commission on sales.
eBay is one of the original ecommerce retailers, having entered the market way back in 1995! Best suited for sellers that offer new and used items that are open to auction their products, eBay is perfect for small to medium-sized businesses.
Another online marketplace platform that is ideal for small businesses is Etsy. Etsy is optimal for sellers that offer unique and niche products. Additionally, Etsy promotes individual sellers’ brand identity by displaying your business name and grouping your products within your own personal Etsy collection.
5. Target Plus™
Target Plus™ is a relatively new online marketplace from retail giant Target. Selling on Target Plus™ grants you access to Target’s huge customer base and benefits like free shipping and in-store returns.
Selling on Target Plus™ is invite-only, so, for many brands, it’s more challenging to get started with than other platforms. However, the upside to this is, if you get accepted, you may have fewer competitors on Target’s marketplace.
Alibaba is an online marketplace for business-to-business (B2B) companies. It’s an excellent online marketplace to be on if you sell products to other businesses.
The Alibaba Group also owns AliExpress — an online marketplace focused on business-to-consumer (B2C) sales.
Learn more about the benefits of selling on online marketplaces
Online marketplace benefits resources
- 5 Best Places to Sell Online | Pros, Cons, & Tips
- 6 Best Ecommerce Platforms for Small Businesses
- Should I Sell on Walmart or Target? Which Online Marketplace Is Best for Selling?
- Alibaba vs. Amazon: Which Ecommerce Platform is Best for My Business?
- Is Selling on Amazon Worth It for SMBs? See the Pros & Cons
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Sell on Walmart Marketplace
- Who Should Sell on Alibaba?
- Amazon vs. eBay for Businesses: Which One Is Best?
4 tips for using an online marketplace
There is a lot that goes into creating the perfect online marketplace for your business. Consider the following tips to help you get the most out of your ecommerce seller experience:
1. Choose the right marketplace for your products
Because there are so many online marketplace platforms to choose from, it can be tempting to just pick the first platform that you hear about. It’s crucial, however, to choose the platform that best fits your businesses’ needs. Make sure that your products fit the platform and that you’re reaching the customer base that is best suited to your products. Additionally, you want to ensure that you choose a trusted and technically savvy ecommerce platform to encourage visitors to view your products and check out with ease.
2. Ensure product imagery is attention-grabbing
Just like with a physical storefront, appearance is everything on an ecommerce site. Good product imagery such as professional photos of the product and high-quality images can help to draw in customers and grab their attention.
3. Use pricing tools
One of the main factors in a buyer’s decision is the price of the product. Most online marketplaces provide a pricing tool that can help sellers compare their prices with the current best prices of each product around the Internet. Ensure that your pricing isn’t too high or low by utilizing a pricing tool.
4. Take advantage of online marketplace advertising
Many online marketplaces have their own tools for advertising on their platforms. You can use these tools and create an online marketplace advertising strategy to boost your sales.
Get more online marketplace tips
Online marketplace tips
- How to Sell on Walmart Marketplace in 6 Simple Steps
- How to Get Your Ecommerce Store Listed on Amazon in 2024
- How to Become a Successful Walmart Marketplace Seller
- How to Sell on Alibaba (+3 Tips for Driving Up Sales)
- 5 Etsy SEO Tips to Help Customers Find Your Shop
- SEO for Alibaba: 5 Tips for Doing Alibaba SEO
- 7 Walmart SEO Tips to Nail Your Product Listings
Online marketplace advertising tips
- How to Advertise on Walmart Marketplace | A Quick Guide
- Walmart Sponsored Products: The Beginner’s Guide
- 4 Walmart Advertising Strategies That Help You Sell More
- Amazon Advertising 101: Sell Your Products With Amazon Ads
- Types of Amazon Ads | Your Guide to Advertising on Amazon
- Pinterest Ads for Etsy: How to Use Pinterest for Etsy
- Advertise on Alibaba: Learn How to Sell More on Alibaba
Online marketplace marketing services
A digital marketing company like WebFX can help you make the most of online marketplaces. The services we offer include:
- Setting up and managing your online marketplace account and store
- Advertising your products
- Boosting your visibility and sales with SEO
- And more
Learn more online marketplace marketing services
Online marketplace marketing services
- Marketplace Services | Grow Your Online Revenue
- Ecommerce Marketing Services
- Ecommerce Packages
- Walmart Marketplace Advertising Management Services
- Marketplace Product Video Services
- Target Plus™ Online Marketplace Management
- Ecommerce Optimization Services | SEO, CRO, & More
- Ecommerce SEO Services
- Ecommerce SEO Pricing
- Our Ecommerce SEO Agency
- Ecommerce PPC Management
- Sell More Online With Facebook Marketplace for Business
- Social Media Advertising Services for Ecommerce Companies