The education field continues to evolve and create more ways to access education. With this evolution has come the emergence of eLearning. More people are looking into getting an education online because of its accessibility and flexibility that enables learners to get an education and balance other aspects of life.
If you want these learners to find your eLearning institution first, you must invest in digital marketing for eLearning. Digital marketing strategies enable you to outperform other institutions and drive interested candidates to your school.
Not sure where to start with online marketing for online education? We’ve got a list of four tips to help you get started, including:
- Optimize your presence in search engines to help learners find your programs
- Run pay-per-click (PPC) ads to attract interested learners
- Connect with learners on social media to build relationships
- Use email marketing to promote your programs
Keep reading to learn more about how you start with online marketing for eLearning!
Good agencies have more than 50 testimonials.
Great agencies have more than 100 testimonials.
WebFX has over 1,020+ glowing client testimonials.See What Makes Us Stand out
4 best tips for digital marketing for eLearning
Digital marketing will help more learners find your online education institution and learn about your programs. Here are four tips to help you start with digital marketing for eLearning:
1. Optimize your presence in search engines to help learners find your programs
When people search for eLearning institutions, they turn to search engines like Google to start their research. If you want these prospects to find your institution first, you must invest in search engine optimization (SEO).
SEO is the process of boosting your web content to rank higher in search results for relevant terms. It’s a great strategy to help you reach people when looking for online institutions.
To make SEO a successful part of digital marketing for online learning, follow these best practices:
- Identify relevant keywords: Your keywords help you appear in education-related searches. Conduct keyword research to identify terms to integrate on your website so that you can rank for them. Keywords containing three or more words, known as long-tail keywords, work best to drive qualified traffic.
- Make your website mobile-friendly: Since Google uses a mobile-first index, you need a website that functions well on mobile to rank. Integrate responsive design to help your website adapt and provide a positive experience on mobile.
- Focus on linking: Both internal linking and backlinks will help improve your SEO. Internal links –– links within your content –– help Google discover and index content on your website. Backlinks –– links from other authority sites back to your site –– help build your website’s trust and improve your rankings.
By investing in SEO for your institution, you’ll help more learners discover your courses and programs when they search online.
2. Run pay-per-click (PPC) ads to attract interested learners
If you want to do online marketing for online education right, you need to invest in pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. PPC advertising enables your business to place ads at the top of search results so that people see your institution first.
This strategy is an excellent option to boost your visibility in search results and attract more qualified leads. With 65% of all high-intent searches resulting in someone clicking on a PPC ad, you don’t want to miss an opportunity to attract qualified prospects.
To launch a successful PPC campaign, follow these best practices:
- Bid on relevant keywords: Like SEO, PPC ads operate on keywords. You’ll want to bid on long-tail keywords to help your ads appear in more relevant searches, but also keep the cost per click (CPC)
- Create relevant ad copy: Your ad copy is the first thing people see when discovering your listing. If you want people to click, make sure you’re delivering helpful information about your educational institution. Also, make sure your information is relevant to the keywords you target.
- Use ad extensions to enhance your ad: Try using ad extensions to help make your ads better. These extensions enable you to add extra tidbits of information that can entice more learners to click. Use extensions like sitelinks, structured snippets, and more.
When you do digital marketing for eLearning, think about making PPC a part of your strategy. PPC can help you reach people looking for your online programs and help them find you before your competition.
3. Connect with learners on social media to build relationships
With 72% of people using social media multiple times a day, you have an excellent opportunity to connect with prospects where they spend their time. Social media is an integral part of digital marketing for online education because it enables you to have a one-on-one connection to build relationships.
People can follow your online education institution and see the latest updates. It’s a great way for prospects to stay connected with you and learn more about your programs.
To make social media marketing part of your digital marketing strategy for eLearning, follow these best practices:
- Choose the right platforms for your business: To start with social media marketing, you must decide which platforms to use to promote your business. You can choose from numerous popular platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Engage with prospects: When you post content and people leave comments, make sure you engage with them. Comment back and have a conversation to help nurture your relationship with these prospects.
- Run social media ads: Social media ads are an excellent way for you to put your institution in front of people who haven’t heard of your programs yet. These visual ads are a great way for you to catch your audience’s attention and get them to check out your educational institution.
With social media marketing and advertising, you can help your institution connect with people looking to get an online education.
4. Use email marketing to promote your programs
If you’re looking to invest in digital marketing for online learning, email marketing is a great strategy to help you nurture learners into becoming students. Email marketing enables you to send information directly to people interested in your education services.
You can use email marketing to send information about programs, articles related to online education, and more. It’s a great channel for you to keep prospects engaged with your educational institution.
To use email marketing as part of online marketing for online learning, follow these best practices:
- Use email marketing software: Email marketing software, like EmailMarketingFX, helps you create, manage, and monitor your email campaigns. Using software like this makes it easy to manage your strategy and keep your emails organized.
- Find the right time of day to send emails: A key component of sending emails is sending them at the right time. You’ll want to test the time of day you send your emails so that you can maximize engagement with your institution.
- Segment subscribers: To keep your subscribers engaged, you only want to send them information that’s most relevant to them. You can segment subscribers based on interests, demographics, and more.
With email marketing as part of your eLearning digital marketing plan, you can turn prospects into students at your institution.
Hear What It’s Like to Work With WebFX!
“WebFX has a full team of competent people that work diligently and quickly on our marketing and SEO needs.”
Christian School In Pa
Drive revenue with digital marketing for eLearning
With digital marketing for online education, you can reach more students looking for an online school that fits their needs. If you aren’t sure where to start with digital marketing, WebFX can help. We have over a decade of experience in digital marketing, so we can help you craft a marketing campaign that drives results.
We’ve driven over 7.8 million leads for our clients in the past five years, so you can feel confident we’ll drive results for your institution.