7 Most Effective EdTech Marketing Strategies in 2024
Capture more of the online education market with this year’s most effective EdTech marketing strategies, which involve SEO, PPC, email, first-party data, and more. Keep reading to learn how to activate these tactics in your EdTech digital marketing strategy!
The EdTech marketing is expected to reach $605 billion by 2027, thanks to the shift to remote classes and online schooling. Learn how to capture more of that market share with the following strategies for effectively marketing EdTech companies like yours:
- Reach buyers at the right moment with SEO
- Close BOFU traffic, lost leads, and more with PPC
- Improve conversion rates, ad costs, and search rankings with web design
- Build a reputation with social media advertising
- Nurture future clients (and close them) with email marketing
- Dominate the buying funnel with content marketing
- Create a lead-generating machine with first-party data
Keep reading to start using these tactics in your EdTech marketing strategy!
For immediate assistance, use the digital marketing services that have generated more than $3 billion in revenue for businesses like yours. Contact us online to receive a custom proposal for growing your edtech company through online marketing!
7 most effective EdTech marketing strategies
The seven most effective EdTech marketing strategies include:
1. Reach buyers at the right moment with SEO
Your customers must be able to find you online — 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
SEO is the process of making your site more accessible to search engines and users alike. The main goal is to make your site appear higher in search engine results pages (SERPs) organically. The organic results are what Google deems to be the best result for the query:
SEO services can include:
- Creating content to add more pages to your site
- Checking meta descriptions and title tags
- Doing keyword research to make sure your pages match search intent
Most SEO changes only require your time and energy. SEO is an ongoing process, but you can see higher organic traffic and more conversions consistently.
2. Close BOFU traffic, lost leads, and more with PPC
PPC ads are paid advertisements that appear at the top of the SERPs with a “Sponsored” tag:
You can also use PPC ads on social media sites and other channels. These ads are different from other paid options in that you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. The process for PPC ads is as follows:
- You create an ad targeting a specific search like “EdTech companies near me.”
- When someone enters that phrase into Google, an auction begins.
- Google will determine what ad best suits the search intent and place it in the SERPs.
- When someone clicks on the ad, you pay a predetermined price to Google.
PPC ads are ideal for generating a burst of traffic, and you can make $2 for every $1 spent. However, your PPC ads must draw people in after they click. A PPC agency can help you create appealing PPC ads that encourage conversions.
3. Improve conversion rates, ad costs, and search rankings with web design
Web design is a crucial part of any digital marketing strategy. In fact, 75% of your website’s credibility comes from web design. When you get people to visit your site via organic SEO traffic or PPC ads, they will leave if you have poor web design.
A good web design will highlight your company voice and use images, color, and text evenly:
Web design is more than just having an attractive appearance — it’s about usability. Some web design factors include:
Good web design can help your users get the most out of your site. If you want a stunning web design and don’t have the resources to create it, a web design agency is the best next step. If you decide to outsource your site’s design, choose an agency familiar with SEO to preserve your efforts there.
4. Build a reputation with social media advertising
Social media is a game-changer for promoting your business. Your competitors are likely already on the apps — 91% of companies use social media. With the right social media services, you can create consistent posts that promote your company and services.
Social media advertising uses social channels to:
- Advertise your services
- Connect you to customers
- Build brand recognition
- Improve customer service
You can pick the platform you are most comfortable with, but we recommend finding out which platform your customers prefer and meeting them there! From that network, you can start building your reputation as a trusted EdTech provider.
5. Nurture future clients (and close them) with email marketing
With the above EdTech marketing approaches, your business can attract qualified email subscribers that could become future clients. Through email marketing, you can create effective drip campaigns that educate, nurture, and persuade readers to choose your company over the competition.
6. Dominate the buying funnel with content marketing
Content marketing, from blog posts to sales copy, gives your business the fuel to attract users throughout the buying funnel, from awareness to consideration. That’s why digital marketing for EdTech companies should lean into online content, especially content optimized for search engine optimization.
7. Create a lead-generating machine with first-party data
First-party data — which you generate and store through a customer data platform or CDP (WebFX’s services include a dedicated CDP) — is another fuel source for generating revenue. With first-party data, you can launch remarketing ad campaigns, cold outreach emails, and more.
FAQs about digital marketing for EdTech
Got questions? Get answers with these FAQs for EdTech digital marketing:
What is digital marketing for EdTech?
Digital marketing is the process of advertising your product or service through virtual channels. Digital marketing for EdTech focuses on promoting education technology to the appropriate audience, like academic directors, administrators, and stakeholders.
EdTech marketing strategies will:
- Promote your services online
- Use omnichannel tactics to reach customers
- Highlight your unique selling points (USP)
- Increase traffic to your website
With digital marketing strategies, you can develop your business from within while pushing your online material toward qualified leads.
What are the benefits of EdTech marketing?
EdTech marketing campaigns will yield the following benefits and more:
- Improved audience targeting: You can find your target audience and build buyer personas to represent the people most likely to need your services. Instead of a blanket approach, you can individualize your content and speak to each organization’s needs.
- Professional appearance: When targeting an academic audience, you want to show professionalism. Digital marketing ensures a seamless experience across all channels and positions you as an industry leader.
- Wider reach: Digital marketing has no geographical limits. You can help academics across the country — or globe — improve their processes, and digital marketing will help them find you.
- Measurable results: You can monitor your digital marketing metrics to see what’s working. This benefit helps you avoid wasting time and resources on strategies that aren’t growing your business.
With a background in technology, many EdTech companies use digital marketing as an extension of their services and expertise. When your company has a strong online presence, you can show prospects your capabilities instead of telling them.
What is an example of an EdTech digital marketing strategy?
Once you understand how each type of digital marketing works, you can figure out how to use them in your strategy.
Say that your goal is to get more people to your website, so they can request a quote for your services. You could outline a plan as follows:
- SEO: Create a blog and start posting informative pieces for educators. This will show Google that you’re an information source and help your site rank higher.
- PPC: If you have a new product or service, run a PPC ad campaign for a month to garner new traffic for that specific page. Then, build out the landing page and encourage users to fill out a form.
- Social media: Create a Twitter account for your company to reply to customers, share your blog posts, and share your thoughts. You can build your presence off-site, so people will recognize your brand when they need your services.
Every company’s strategy will look different, but understanding how the pieces fit together is the first step to success. For more help, you can outsource to a trusted agency like WebFX.
Our digital marketing campaigns impact the metrics that improve your bottom line.See More Results
WebFX has driven the following results for clients:
In client revenue
Leads for our clients
Client phone calls
Capture more market share with professional EdTech digital marketing
Now that you know what digital marketing can do for your business, the next step is choosing a digital marketing agency.
WebFX is an all-in-one digital marketing service provider for education services. In the past five years alone, we have generated $3 billion in revenue for 154 industries.
We custom-fit our plans to your company goals and needs. When you want a partner that will work with your concerns and answer your questions, WebFX is here to help.
Request a free quote from one of our strategists to start improving your online presence!
- EdTech Marketing Strategies
- 1. Reach Buyers at the Right Moment with SEO
- 2. Close BOFU Traffic, Lost Leads, and More with PPC
- 3. Improve Conversion Rates, Ad Costs, and Search Rankings with Web Design
- 4. Build a Reputation with Social Media Advertising
- 5. Nurture Future Clients (and Close Them) with Email Marketing
- 6. Dominate the Buying Funnel with Content Marketing
- 7. Create a Lead-generating Machine with First-party Data