40 Expert Social Media Strategies
Finding success in social media isn’t easy. Preparing a campaign that achieves lasting impact requires strategy, planning and timeliness. But the key ingredient to any social effort is creativity.
The perfect plan of attack for a social campaign doesn’t mean anything if your efforts don’t stand out from all of the noise on social networks. A poorly planned campaign can still go viral, but one lacking creativity or stickiness won’t. Creativity is the fuel that powers social media marketing.
We wanted to hear from the world’s leading experts on social media to better understand what a creative social media campaign looks like and why it is such a vital trait. We reached out to awesome people in digital and social realms, such as CMOs, CEOs, Communication Directors, and Social Media Managers for a variety of businesses, from Intel and Ogilvy Entertainment to reddit and Moz.
We asked one simple question:
“Describe one of the most creative things you’ve seen or done in social media.”
Here are their answers:
1. Jennifer Lashua
Global Social Media Communities Manager at Intel
Creativity is all about thinking about how to best engage your audience.
In a world where brands have less than a second to capture someone’s attention, it takes a lot of creativity and a tailored approach to cause someone to pause in their Twitter or Instagram feed and pay attention to your message.
At Intel, we have taken a point of view of edu-tainment. People want to be entertained, but (especially from a brand like Intel) they also want to become smarter – or they want to make themselves look smarter to the people who are following them.
For example…when describing a new product feature, we could have told our Facebook fans how much an Ultrabook weighs but instead we demonstrated their light weight by showing that a rhinobeetle could carry 8 of them on its back.
Holidays are done Intel-style: we celebrated the 4th of July by explaining the science that gives fireworks their color.
We took the opportunity of the Breaking Bad finale to shed a little light into what happens in the Intel fabs.
(You can see a write-up of the proposal here)
- Social Media Marketing for Facebook: Your Guide to Earning More Conversions from Facebook
- Social Media Marketing Strategies
- Social Media Marketing vs. Digital Marketing: What’s the Difference and Which is Better for Your Business?
- Social Media Optimization
- Social Media Strategy Plan
- Social Media: the Good, the Bad & the Ugly
- Social Proof Marketing: Why It’s So Captivating and 3 Tips for Your Business
- Spanning the Decades: How to Market to Each Generation on Social Media [Infographic]
- State of Social Media Marketing in 2023 [7 Trends]
- TikTok Marketing: How to Dance Your Way to New Customers