Abby FieldsBranded Content Specialist
- November 16, 2021
- 8 minute read
- Abby is a data-driven content marketer with certifications in inbound marketing and content marketing. She’s written hundreds of articles covering digital marketing topics — a few of her specialties include first-party data, marketing and data analytics, marketing strategy optimization, and SEO. When she isn’t writing or optimizing content, Abby loves to spend time reading the latest mystery novel, having movie marathons with lots of snacks, and jamming out to Shania Twain.
Revenue operations, or RevOps, is a term that’s quickly gaining popularity throughout the world of digital marketing. And if you’re serious about increasing your revenue and growing your business, you’ll want to consider implementing a revenue operations funnel for your company.
What is a revenue operations funnel? It’s a process that allows you to maximize your revenue by aligning your marketing, sales, and customer experience strategies.
On this page, we’ll further explore what a RevOps funnel is and how it can benefit your business. Plus, we’ll explain how to set up a revenue operations funnel for your company so you can start driving consistent sales and revenue.
So, keep reading to learn more!
Did you know that WebFX is a leading digital marketing agency?
That’s right! Our experts are the best in the industry. If you want to hear more from our experts, sign up for our newsletter, Revenue Weekly. Our subscribers get the latest digital marketing tips and tricks from our experts sent straight to their inbox!
What is a revenue operations funnel?
A revenue operations funnel maximizes your potential revenue by aligning your marketing, sales, and customer experience strategies into one united revenue-driving process. It helps ensure all areas of your business work together with a common goal of driving consistent revenue.
What are the benefits of implementing a revenue operations funnel?
You can enjoy many benefits of a revenue operations funnel for your business, such as:
- Higher customer retention: Acquiring new customers and keeping them coming back for more is essential if you want to increase your sales and revenue. Fortunately, with a revenue operations funnel, you can streamline your processes, providing a positive customer experience as a result that helps you build customer loyalty.
- More leads and conversions: A RevOps funnel enables you to optimize your marketing strategies and sales efforts. As a result, you can ultimately drive better results for your business, such as increasing your leads and conversions.
- Continuous business growth: Implementing a revenue operations funnel is essential if you want to take your business to new heights. A RevOps funnel will help you continuously drive sales and revenue, enabling you to grow your business in the process.
If you want to generate more leads and acquire new customers that keep coming back for more, implementing a revenue operations funnel is a must.
How to set up a revenue operations funnel in 4 easy steps
Are you wondering how to implement a revenue operations funnel for your business? We’ve got you covered.
Here’s how to set up a revenue operations funnel in four easy steps:
1. Conduct thorough audits
Before you can begin streamlining your processes, you must audit your current strategies and the results those strategies drive.
A thorough audit will help you better understand your customer’s journey, from initially discovering your business to making a purchase. As a result, you can identify any problem areas that may cause your potential customers to drop out of your buying funnel.
You’ll want to conduct audits of your:
- Existing custom content: Ensure your content focuses on your customers’ pain points and provides them with the information they need, such as the benefits of buying your products and services over competitors’.
- Website: Make sure your website is designed to boost leads and conversions. For example, you should ensure your website provides a seamless user experience by verifying your pages display correctly, your navigation is easy to use, and everything functions correctly.
- Marketing strategies: Conducting an audit of your current marketing strategies, such as a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy or email marketing campaign, is essential for understanding which strategies are driving the best results and which areas you need to improve for the future.
Are you not sure how to get started with conducting an audit of your website and marketing strategies? Then check out this handy video:
2. Streamline your processes
The next step for how to implement a revenue operations funnel for your business is to streamline your processes. Now that you’ve conducted an audit of your current strategies, you can begin using what you learned to improve your current efforts and implement new strategies.
If you want your RevOps funnel to succeed, focus on marketing strategies that will help you acquire new customers and increase your conversions. In other words, you’ll want to streamline your processes to help you generate more marketing qualified leads (MQLs), and sales qualified leads (SQLs).
You can generate MQLs from your marketing strategies and campaigns. MQLs are users who have shown an interest in your brand and performed a desired action on your website. For example, they might sign up for your emails or download a free guide.
MQLs are usually at the top of the buying funnel and need some nurturing to convert into paying customers. You can generate more MQLs for your business with effective marketing strategies, such as:
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertisements to drive more website traffic
- Implementing an SEO strategy to boost your search engine rankings
- Using an email marketing campaign to provide more information about your business
- Creating valuable and helpful content that answers users’ questions
When you implement marketing strategies that help you attract more MQLs, you can begin to generate more qualified leads for your business, leading to more conversions and sales.
SQLs are consumers that your sales team has deemed as qualified leads. SQLs are usually at the lower stages of the buying funnel, meaning they are likely to convert into paying customers.
You can generate more SQLs and encourage them to convert by:
- Writing detailed descriptions of your products and services
- Including details about your pricing
- Providing opportunities for users to request free quotes or demos
- Sharing reviews or testimonials for your business
- Sending follow-ups like personalized sales pitches and custom emails
By implementing strategies that enable you to acquire more MQLs and SQLs for your business, you can generate high-quality leads that are more likely to become customers. As a result, you can boost the success of your RevOps funnel by earning more sales for your business.
3. Track and measure your results
Once you’ve implemented effective marketing and sales strategies, it’s essential to track and measure your results. If you don’t track the success of your strategies, you can’t identify which campaigns drive the best results for your business.
To set up a successful revenue operation funnel, you’ll need to track important metrics about your marketing and sales efforts, such as:
- Your conversion rate
- The sources of your leads and traffic
- Your bounce rate
- How many new and returning users visit your website
- Which pages on your website are the most popular
Luckily, there are plenty of digital marketing tools and technologies that can help you stay up to date with the performance of your campaigns with ease. For example, you can use Google Analytics to view essential data about your audience and website.
And if you want to track multiple digital marketing strategies and metrics, you can use MarketingCloudFX. MarketingCloudFX enables you to manage several digital marketing campaigns, receive suggestions for improvements, and view valuable data about your audience, website, and more.
4. Optimize your strategies
Our last step for setting up your revenue operations funnel is to optimize your strategies and processes. You can use the data you tracked from the previous step to inform and improve your current strategies.
That means you can create data-driven marketing strategies that are proven to drive better results for your business. You can prevent your business from wasting resources on the strategies that don’t drive results, helping you earn a higher return on investment (ROI) in the long run.
You can also set up regular meetings with your marketing, sales, and customer experience teams to ensure everyone is on the same page and identify opportunities to improve your processes.
Our long list of services helps you grow every aspect of your business with marketing strategies that are proven to increase bottom-line metrics like revenue and conversions. In the past 5 years, we’ve managed more than 12.9 MILLION transactions across our client base.
Time to Level Up Your Sales
Our long list of services helps you grow every aspect of your business with marketing strategies that are proven to increase bottom-line metrics like revenue and conversions.
In the past 5 years, we’ve managed more than 12.9 MILLION transactions across our client base.
WebFX can implement a revenue operations funnel that grows your business
Do you want to implement a revenue operations funnel for your business but aren’t sure where to start? That’s where WebFX comes in!
At WebFX, we can help you implement custom revenue marketing strategies that suit your company’s needs to help you achieve and exceed your business goals. Our team of over 500 industry experts knows what it takes to help you navigate RevOps challenges and drive outstanding results for your business.
We’ve already helped clients drive more than $3 billion in revenue, and we can help you implement a revenue operations funnel that takes your business to new heights, too.
Abby is a data-driven content marketer with certifications in inbound marketing and content marketing. She’s written hundreds of articles covering digital marketing topics — a few of her specialties include first-party data, marketing and data analytics, marketing strategy optimization, and SEO. When she isn’t writing or optimizing content, Abby loves to spend time reading the latest mystery novel, having movie marathons with lots of snacks, and jamming out to Shania Twain.
WebFX is a full-service marketing agency with 1000+ client reviews and a 4.9-star rating on Clutch! Find out how our expert team and revenue-accelerating tech can drive results for you! Learn more