What Is Enterprise Email Marketing? (+5 Tips to Get Started)
Well, we’ll answer those questions and more on this page, including:
- What is enterprise email marketing?
- What are the different types of enterprise email marketing?
- What are the benefits of email marketing for enterprises?
- How can you get started with an enterprise email marketing campaign?
Bonus: Keeping up to date with the latest marketing trends is tricky, but it doesn’t have to be with WebFX. Get more expert email marketing advice and digital marketing tips from our award-winning team sent straight to your inbox by signing up to our newsletter, Revenue Weekly!
What is enterprise email marketing?
Enterprise email marketing is a digital marketing strategy that uses email as a channel to promote your products and services to a large audience. You can use email marketing to:
- Generate leads
- Inform consumers about your newest products and services
- Drive more traffic to your website
- Share your custom content
- And more!
Enterprise email marketing helps you reach your target audience locally, nationally, and worldwide. So, whether you want to communicate with 10 customers or 10,000, an enterprise email marketing campaign can help you do it all.
What are the types of enterprise email marketing?
There are several different types of enterprise email marketing that enable you to reach your prospects at various stages of the sales funnel. Some of your email subscribers may be previous customers, while others might be looking for more information about your brand before deciding to make a purchase.
As a result, you’ll want to send various types of emails to users depending on their stage in the sales funnel to maximize your conversions and sales.
Here are four types of enterprise email marketing to get you started:
Newsletters are a great way to provide your subscribers and leads with more information about your enterprise, products, and services. You can opt to send a newsletter that shares your latest updates about your business and custom content, such as your blog posts.
Newsletters are a perfect way to generate and nurture leads by providing essential information about your enterprise to encourage your audience to convert into paying customers.
2. Promotional emails
Promotional emails are one of the most effective types of emails. They promote your products and services and encourage your subscribers to take action, like making a purchase.
You can use promotional emails to generate more interest in your products and services by offering exclusive discounts and offers that only your subscribers have access to. As a result, you can earn more sales and encourage more consumers to sign up for your emails.
3. Shopping cart abandonment emails
Shopping cart abandonment emails are essential to increase your conversions and sales. Many users will visit your website, add your products or services to their cart, and ultimately decide not to purchase.
You can use shopping cart abandonment emails to remind your website visitors that they left something in their cart, getting your brand back into the forefront of their minds and encouraging them to convert.
4. Review emails
If you want to increase the number of reviews for your enterprise, email marketing is one of the best ways to do just that. Users love reviews and often read them before deciding to make a purchase.
When your customers purchase something on your website, you can send them a follow-up email asking them to review their purchase. With review emails, you can gain more reviews for your products and services, encouraging more consumers to convert in the process.
What are the benefits of email marketing for enterprises?
Check out these significant benefits of email marketing for enterprises:
- Earn a higher ROI: Email marketing can help you earn a higher ROI than any other digital marketing strategy. In fact, you can earn $44 for $1 spent on an enterprise email marketing campaign. That’s an impressive 4400% ROI!
- Generate and nurturing leads: Email marketing can help you generate more leads for your enterprise because users have to willingly opt for your emails. Plus, you can use your emails to nurture your leads until they are ready to become customers.
- Drive more traffic to your website: If you want to drive more traffic to your website, an enterprise email marketing campaign is the perfect way to do just that. For example, you can use emails to encourage users to browse your products and services pages or read your custom content.
If you want to drive more sales and revenue for your enterprise, you can’t go wrong with an email marketing campaign.
How to start an enterprise email marketing campaign in 5 easy steps
Are you wondering how to start an enterprise email marketing campaign? We’ve got you covered.
Follow these easy steps to launch an email marketing campaign that drives sales and revenue for your business:
1. Grow your subscriber list
Before you can start sending out emails, you’ll need subscribers. You can grow your subscriber list in a few ways, such as:
- Implementing an email sign up button on your website
- Encouraging email sign-ups in your custom content
- Explaining the benefits of opting in for your emails
- Ask users to sign up for emails on social media platforms
- And more!
It can take time to build a high-quality subscriber list of consumers who want to learn more about your brand. However, once you’ve built a solid list of subscribers, you can boost your sales and revenue by getting your brand in front of the users who are most likely to purchase your products and services.
2. Segment your audience
Once you’ve started attracting more subscribers for your emails, you can begin segmenting your audience. Segmenting your subscriber list — that is, categorizing it into different groups — helps ensure that the right emails go to the right users.
You can segment your email list by your audience’s:
- Purchase behavior
- Demographics, like age and location
- Website behavior
- And more!
Email segmentation is an incredibly effective email marketing tactic. In fact, when you segment your email subscriber list, you can earn a 760% increase in revenue for your enterprise.
3. Design your email template
The design of your emails is crucial to the success of your campaign. That’s because if your emails look unappealing or don’t grab your audience’s attention, they may decide not to open your email or take any action.
Design an email template that boosts your clicks and conversions by:
- Adding eye-catching visuals, like photos and videos
- Incorporating your brand name and logo
- Using colors that represent your brand
- Including attention-grabbing calls to action (CTAs)
- Ensuring your emails display on mobile
For the best results, contact an experienced email marketing agency, like WebFX, to help you design email templates that encourage more conversions and sales for your enterprise.
4. Write your email copy
Writing excellent email copy is the key to unlocking more clicks for your email marketing campaign.
You can spice up your email copy by:
- Using personalization, such as the subscribers’ name
- Writing attention-grabbing phrases like “don’t miss out” or “last chance”
- Keeping your copy as short as possible
- Write concise subject lines
5. Send your emails and track your results
The last step for how to start an enterprise email marketing campaign is to send your emails and track your campaign’s success. While sending out emails to your mass of subscribers might sound like a daunting task, fortunately, there are plenty of email marketing tools that can help you manage your campaign and distribute your emails.
You can look into email marketing platforms, like EmailMarketingFX, to help you send thousands of automatic emails to your customers with little effort on your part.
You’ll also want to measure the success of your campaign, so you can make improvements along the way. By tracking the success of your campaign with helpful tools like EmailMarketingFX, you can stay on top of critical metrics and optimize your campaign to drive better results for your enterprise in the future.
“Working with WebFX, everything is very organized and strategic. We’re only a year into our partnership, and our expectations have definitely been met.”
93% of WebFX customers are extremely satisfied with their digital marketing results.
“Working with WebFX, everything is very organized and strategic. We’re only a year into our partnership, and our expectations have definitely been met.”View More Client Testimonials
Launch a revenue-driving email marketing campaign for your enterprise with WebFX
If you’re looking for some professional help with enterprise email marketing, we’ve got you covered.
At WebFX, our team of email marketing experts has more than two decades of experience implementing and managing successful email marketing campaigns for enterprises just like yours. In just the past few years, we’ve helped clients drive over $3 billion in revenue, and we can help your enterprise achieve incredible results too.
We’ll take care of creating, implementing, and managing your email marketing campaign, so you can focus on your other business tasks. Plus, we’ll keep you informed with our frequent reports every step of the way.