Digital Marketing for Campgrounds and RV Parks: 4 Strategies
When Sabrina wants to find a campground for her, her husband, and three kids, she turns to the web to find it. She searches on Google to find the right campground and uses social media to get an inside look into what it’s like to visit there.
After reading some content and looking at some reviews, she settles on a campground.
But it’s not yours.
Without a digital marketing plan in place, you’ll miss out on valuable leads that turn into campers at your campground and RV park. So, how can you start with digital marketing for campgrounds and RV parks?
We’ve got a list of four growth-driven strategies that will help you drive more campers to your site. This list includes:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Local marketing
- Social media marketing
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
Keep reading to learn more about these strategies!
If you feel overwhelmed trying to put these strategies into action, WebFX has a team of over 450 marketing experts ready to help! Contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist about our digital marketing services!
WebFX is a partner businesses trust.
Hear from ABWE, who’s been with us for over 10 years!Watch the Video Testimonial
1. Invest in search engine optimization (SEO) to drive more traffic
When people search for a campground or RV park, they’re turning to places like Google to help them find it. If your website isn’t ranking at the top of search results, you’ll miss out on valuable leads for your campground.
To get your business to rank in search results, start by finding relevant long-tail keywords for your pages. Long-tail keywords contain three or more words, like “campgrounds with cabins.”
These keywords work best because they’re specific, which means people most interested in your campground will search with those terms.
You can identify long-tail keywords by conducting keyword research.
Use a Google keyword research tool like KeywordsFX to help you identify traffic-driving keywords that will help you reach more campers. Once you identify those terms, integrate them into your page to help it rank.
Use our proprietary keyword research tool, KeywordsFX, to help you find high-quality keywords for content and PPC campaigns. Identify Top Keywords for Free
Aside from keyword research and integration, there are other ways to boost your SEO, including:
- Speed up your website: With slow-loading websites causing $2.6 billion in revenue loss annually, you don’t want to risk losing campers to a sluggish website. Use Google PageSpeed Insights to see your website’s current load time and check out their suggestions to improve your page speed.
- Deliver a mobile-friendly experience: With Google’s mobile-first index, you can’t rank in search without a mobile-friendly website. Integrate responsive design to ensure your mobile visitors have just as great an experience as your desktop visitors.
- Matching user search intent: When users search keywords, they’re looking for specific information. As you target different keywords on your website, make sure your pages provide the information users want. You can check the search intent by seeing what’s already ranking for your keywords.
2. Build your local presence to drive local leads
If you want to do digital marketing for campgrounds and RV parks right, you must build your local presence. Many people who search for RV parks and campgrounds are looking in the nearby area. If you want these leads to find you, you must optimize your local presence.
Optimizing your local presence involves multiple facets.
Optimize your website for local keywords
First, start by optimizing your website for local keywords. Local keywords include a location, like “Pocono Mountain campgrounds” or “RV parks in Pocono Mountain, PA.” You can integrate these keywords into your pages with your other keywords.
These local keywords will help your website appear in local searches for RV parks and campgrounds.
Claim your Google Business Profile
Another way to increase your presence in local search results is to claim your Google Business Profile.
This local listing appears when users search for RV parks and campgrounds near a specified location. It appears at the top of search results in a feature known as the local SEO 3-pack.
You can claim this local listing and fill it out completely to provide your audience with all the details they need and drive more traffic to your website.
Maintain your local information across websites
Google isn’t the only place that hosts your local information.
Websites like Yelp and Yellowpages have information about your campground and RV park too. You want to ensure you’re delivering consistent information across these local listings, so users don’t get confused.
3. Create a presence on social media to build relationships
Another great strategy that’s part of online marketing for campgrounds and RV parks is social media. Social media marketing is one of the best ways to build relationships with prospects to get them to visit your campground and RV park.
You can build a presence on numerous social media platforms, including:
You want to build a presence on social media platforms where your audience spends their time. Make sure you fill your profile out completely, adding a profile photo, cover photo (if applicable), and ‘About Us’ information.
To make social media a successful part of digital marketing for campgrounds and RV parks, follow these best practices:
- Post content frequently: Users’ feeds are filled with content, so they’re likely to miss it if you don’t post often. Post frequently to help more people see your content and keep your campground top of mind. How often you post will depend upon the platform and your audience, so you’ll need to experiment with frequency.
- Use a social scheduling tool: A social scheduling tool enables you to plan content weeks in advance and set it to launch on specific days. You can use a tool like Buffer or Hootsuite to help you manage your social posting and save you time.
- Run social ads: Social media ads are an excellent way for you to put your brand in front of camping lovers that haven’t discovered your campground yet. You can use high-quality visuals and compelling ad text to get people to check out your campground.
4. Run pay-per-click (PPC) ads to attract qualified campers
When you do Internet marketing for campgrounds and RV parks, consider adding pay-per-click (PPC) advertising to your strategy. PPC enables you to put paid ads at the top of search results. These ads appear above organic listings.
PPC ads are an excellent way to drive qualified leads looking for the right place to go camping. By putting yourself at the top of search results, you catch their attention first and drive them to your website.
If you want to get the most from your PPC ads while doing Internet marketing for campgrounds and RV parks, keep these three things in mind:
Bid on relevant long-tail keywords that drive the right traffic
Like SEO, PPC works best when you optimize for long-tail keywords.
Not only do long-tail keywords drive more qualified traffic, but they also help you save money. Long-tail keywords are specific, so fewer companies bid on them, which leads to lower bids and cost per click (CPC).
Create ad copy that drives clicks
Your ad copy is the first thing your audience sees when your ad appears in search results. If you want to catch their attention, you need ad copy relevant to the search results and enticing enough to click.
A great way to enhance your ad copy is to use ad extensions. Ad extensions enable you to include more information in your ads, from phone numbers to extra site links. These extensions can help you create more compelling ad copy that drives clicks!
Create a custom landing page that keeps leads engaged
Once you get leads to click on your ad, your job isn’t done. You must keep these leads engaged by creating a custom landing page. A custom landing page delivers all the critical elements you need to inform your audience about your campground.
To deliver the best experience, make sure your landing page is relevant to your ad copy in search results. You’ll also want to remove distracting elements, like navigation bars, to keep your audience focused.
Ready to get started with digital marketing for campgrounds and RV parks?
Online marketing for campgrounds and RV parks is critical to drive new campers to your site and keep old campers coming back. By using different ways to market your campground, you can continually bring outdoor lovers to your site.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed trying to get started with online marketing for campgrounds, WebFX can help. We have a team of 450+ marketing experts that know digital marketing in and out.
Our team of experts knows how to drive results that help our clients grow. We’ve driven over $3,021,182,299 in revenue and over 7,839,684 leads for our clients in the past five years. You can feel confident we’ll create a digital marketing strategy that helps your company grow.