Hot towels. A Swedish massage. A deep cleansing facial.
Ariana has been dreaming of a spa day. She’s been searching online for weeks to find the right place to spend a relaxing day with her friends.
But when she’s searching for the right spa, will she find yours?
If you don’t have a digital marketing strategy in place, she’ll likely find a competitor instead. If you want her to choose your spa over your competition, you need to start online marketing for spas.
But what tactics are best for attracting relaxation lovers to your spa?
On this page, we’ll share four spa marketing ideas to help you get more visitors through the door of your retreat, including:
- Optimize to rank in search results
- Claim your local listing
- Use pay-per-click (PPC) ads to reach qualified prospects
- Engage with prospects through social media platforms
If you need help getting started with Internet marketing for spas, WebFX can help. With over a decade of experience, we know how to craft digital marketing campaigns that help you attract more spa lovers to your business. Contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist about our digital marketing services!
See how we can help you GROW YOUR BUSINESS
Spa marketing idea #1: Optimize to rank in search results
The first step to getting started with digital marketing for spas is to begin optimizing your website to rank in search results. This tactic, known as search engine optimization (SEO), is an excellent way for your business to boost your ranking in search results and drive more qualified traffic to your spa’s website.
When people crave a day of relaxation, they turn to Google to help them find the perfect location. Over 70% of people research a company on the web before deciding to visit, so if you want your business to appear when these users do their research, you must start doing SEO.
You can help your site rank higher in search results by:
- Conducting keyword research to find relevant long-tail keywords to rank in relevant search results
- Improving your site’s load time to deliver a better user experience
- Ensuring your site is mobile-friendly to rank in Google’s mobile-first index
- Creating industry-relevant content to drive traffic to your site
Spa marketing idea #2: Claim your local listing
Next on our list of spa marketing tactics is to claim your local listing. When people want to go to a spa, they’ll often conduct local searches to find the right option. If you haven’t claimed your local listing, your business won’t appear at the top of local searches and miss out on leads.
Your local listing, known as your Google My Business listing, appears in search results in the local 3-pack. When users conduct local searches, using terms like “spas in Philadelphia” or “spas near me,” it generates this feature at the top of search results.
Once you claim your local listing, here’s how you can optimize it to appear in search results:
- Verify your name, address, and phone number (NAP) is correct
- Add a short blurb about your spa and what you offer
- Add your hours of operation
- Add photos of your spa and staff
Spa marketing idea #3: Use pay-per-click (PPC) ads to reach qualified prospects
Another strategy you can use for online marketing for spas is pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. PPC ads appear at the top of search results above organic listings.
PPC ads are great for your business because they help you capture spa lovers ready to convert. Did you know that 65% of all high intent searches result in someone clicking on an ad? People who click on ads realize they want to go to a spa but need to find the right one to fit their needs.
To get started with PPC, follow these best practices for success:
- Find relevant long-tail keywords to help you reach the most qualified leads
- Optimize your bid amount to get the most from your budget
- Create compelling ad copy with ad extensions to entice spa lovers to click
- Create a custom landing page to deliver a personalized experience
Spa marketing idea #4: Engage with prospects through social media platforms
One of the best spa marketing tactics is to engage with prospects through social media. Social media is a great place to reach relaxation lovers where they spend their time. In fact users spend 28% of Internet time on social media.
You can reach prospects through multiple platforms, including:
Social media is one of the best spa marketing ideas for your business because it helps you build a relationship with prospects. You can post relevant and helpful content related to your brand and industry, which creates opportunities for them to interact with that content and get to know your brand.
To create a successful social media strategy, here’s what you’ll want to do:
- Post content often to ensure your audience sees your content
- Try different content formats to appeal to multiple members of your audience
- Use a social media calendar to stay organized with your posts
- Run social media ads to reach prospects that haven’t discovered your spa yet
Reach more customers online
When you partner with WebFX, we'll help your business earn visibility and new customers online with a custom digital marketing strategy.Speak with a strategist
Get started with digital marketing for spas today
Investing in digital marketing can help you connect with more relaxation lovers and get them in the door to receive 5-star treatment. But if you don’t have digital marketing experience, it can feel like an overwhelming task to set up and manage your online campaigns. That’s where WebFX can help.
We have a team of over 300 marketing experts who can help you craft a custom digital marketing campaign that fits your company’s unique needs. Our client-first approach ensures that you get an online marketing strategy that will drive your business results.
Our team knows how to drive results. We’ve driven over $2.4 billion in sales and over 6.3 million leads for our clients in the past five years alone.