Did you know that 89% of people shop with a competitor after a poor user experience?
If you aren’t providing people with a positive experience on your website, you risk losing leads to your competitors. By investing in web design for building material suppliers, you will drive more valuable traffic for your business.
On this page, we’ll provide you with six tips for creating an impactful web design for your business. To learn more about how to create an impactful website, call our web design company today at 888-601-5359 or contact us online to speak with a strategist about our web design plans.
We don’t want to tell you about the work we do, we want to SHOW you.View Our Portfolio
We’ve built over
in a variety of industries.
Partner with a web design expert like WebFX
Your website is the heart of your building material supply company’s online presence.
You must have a beautifully designed website to make a positive first impression. Partnering with the right web design company will help you build a modern, fresh, and clean website for your business.
Hear What It’s Like to Work With WebFX!
“The sophistication and professionalism of the team at WebFX, and the agency itself with their proprietary tools and platform, is hands down the best I’ve ever experienced. Highly recommend.”
What types of web design does WebFX offer?
When you partner with WebFX, you’ll get everything you need to create the website of your dreams.
If you need a website fast, we’ll help you build one quickly.
With our program, RainmakerFX, we’ll help you create a custom website in 30 days. We’ll input your custom theme into one of our pre-built templates to help you get a website that’s unique to your business.
We also offer regular design services.
If you’re looking to design your site for the first time, we’ll help build your website from scratch. We provide additional services too, such as copywriting and ecommerce functionality, to help you get everything you need for your site.
If you already have a site in place but want a new look, our team of over 200 experts will help you redesign your website. We’ll help you create a look that’s fresh, modern, and new for your building material supply company.
What will I get with my web design services?
We offer numerous services for your business, including:
- SEO optimization
- Customized design
- Website copywriting
- Responsive and mobile-friendly design
- Data integration
- Content management system
- Ecommerce functionality
With all these features, you’ll have everything you need to create a custom website for your business.
Why should I partner with a web design company like WebFX?
With other website builder options available, you may wonder why you should partner with a web design company like WebFX.
Here are just a few reasons to work with our award-winning team:
- You’re working with experts: When you partner with a web design company, you’re partnering with experts that have experience designing websites. At WebFX, we have an extensive portfolio that showcases the work we’ve done for our clients. A web design company will have the knowledge and experience to build your dream website.
- You’ll get a custom design: A web design company will help you build a custom website for your business. It’s essential to have a custom web design so you can stand out from your competition. By partnering with a web design company, you’ll get a website unique to your business.
- You know what you’re getting: At WebFX, we offer transparent pricing. You’ll always know what you’re getting with your web design package and how much it costs. You will feel more informed about the costs so that you can make the right decisions for your business.
By partnering with our web design company, you’ll get everything you need to start building your dream website.
6 tips for building your dream website
If you’re ready to make your website on your own, check out these six tips for building your dream website.
1. Establish a style guide
Before you start diving into website design, you must establish a style guide for your building material supply company. A style guide helps keep your site cohesive and organized. It sets guidelines for how certain elements should look on your website.
A style guide helps your brand appear more cohesive.
If every page on your site looked different in style, your audience would feel confused or feel as though your business is disorganized. Your style guide will help your website look better and help you build a brand association with your audience.
When you create a style guide, you’ll develop guidelines for different parts of your site.
Set specific instructions for website elements like:
- Color scheme (primary color, accent colors, font color)
- Font style (stick to two different fonts)
- Font size
- Call to action (CTA) button color
These are just a few stylistic elements you’ll want to establish in your guide. A style guide is a crucial piece of web design for building material suppliers. It helps you create a site that looks and feels well-put-together for your audience.
2. Integrate visual elements into your design
When users visit your building material supplier website, you want to catch their attention and draw them into your site.
The best way to engage your audience and get them interested in your content is to integrate visual elements on your page. Visual elements help draw your audience in and get them to engage on your page.
Your audience doesn’t want to see blocks of text when they enter your website. It will overwhelm them and make it hard for them to stay interested in your page. Integrating visual elements will help break up the text and keep your audience’s interest.
There are several types of visuals you can use on your site, including:
These visual elements help you create points of interest on your site.
It’s an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your brand and give people an insight into your business. You can use photos of your products or team or share videos of your company.
Visual elements are a vital component of good web design. If you want to do web design for construction companies right, you must make visual elements an essential part of your design plan.
3. Integrate features to capture leads
If people visit your beautifully designed website and like what they see, they can become leads for your business. To obtain these leads, you must integrate features that enable you to connect with leads.
Let’s take a look at two crucial features for capturing leads.
- Social media buttons: Social media buttons help you connect with leads through your social media profiles. It’s an excellent way for you to build a personal connection with your audience.These buttons enable you to drive traffic to your different social media profiles. If a visitor likes your business, they’re more inclined to connect with you on social media. Adding social media buttons directs them straight to your social profiles so that they don’t have to look you up.
- You can integrate your social media buttons into the header or footer of your site. You’ll want to use the social site’s icon, so users know which website they’re visiting. It’s an effective way for you to capture leads interested in your business.
- Email sign-up bar: Another option for capturing leads is an email sign-up bar. With the email sign-up bar, users can enter their information to receive emails from your business. It’s an excellent opportunity for you to capture leads and keep them engaging with your business.You can place your email sign-up bar at the top or bottom of your website. You’ll want to make it simple for your audience to sign-up for your emails.Don’t ask for too much information, as it may deter people from signing up. You can start by asking for a name and email and gather additional information through emails.By adding an email sign up bar to your site, you’ll create an opportunity for your building material supply company to capture interested leads.
4. Create CTAs that stand out on your page
When you drive traffic to your site, you want leads to take the next step.
Whether it’s visiting a pricing page or contacting your business, you want to move these leads down the funnel towards conversion. As you’re designing your site, you must integrate calls to action (CTA) buttons on your page that pop.
Users will read through your information and like what they see. As a result, they’ll want to take the next step. Without a clear indication of how to proceed next, you risk losing leads for your business.
With CTA buttons, you help guide your audience on how to proceed next. You’ll want to design these buttons to stand out on the page from the rest of your website.
Let’s say your color scheme is gray, black, and yellow. On a gray background, a yellow button would pop on the page. Your audience would quickly see that button and know to click on it to proceed next.
By making your CTAs pop in your web design, you’ll help keep traffic on your site longer and drive valuable leads for your building material supply company.
5. Design a clean and simple navigation
When users visit your website, they need to find the necessary information easily. If you want users to browse your site without a hitch, you must design navigation that is clean and easy to use.
The best way to create effective navigation is to use broad headings. You can create headings like “About” for details on your business or “Products” for everything you offer to your customers.
Under each of these broad headings, you can add subcategories to break down your navigation further. You can organize products by type, for example, to help users find the product they want.
By creating clean and simple navigation, you’ll help people find information easier on your site.
6. Integrate responsive design on your website
If you want to follow website design best practices, you must integrate responsive design into your site.
Responsive design ensures your website adapts to whatever device a user uses. Whether it’s a smartphone or a tablet, your audience will get the best experience for the device they’re using.
Imagine trying to access the desktop version of your site on a mobile device. Everything would appear scrunched, and your audience would have to zoom in and out to read content on your website. Your audience would leave your site and go to a competitor’s site instead.
By using responsive design, you’ll help provide your audience with a positive experience. It’s a great web design tip for construction companies looking to improve their website.
Our digital marketing campaigns impact the metrics that improve your bottom line.See More Results
WebFX has driven the following results for clients:
In client revenue
Leads for our clients
Client phone calls
Start doing web design for building material suppliers today
If you want to drive leads to your website and keep them engaged, you must invest in web design for building material suppliers. Good web design will help you build a better image of your brand and get leads to interact with your building material supply company.
At WebFX, we have a team of award-winning designers that will help you create the website of your dreams. Our team of experts will help you create a custom web design that’s unique to your business. With over a decade of experience, you can count on us to help you create a web design that works for your business.
- Lead Generation for Building Material Suppliers [Top 3 Methods]
- Local SEO for Building Material Suppliers [+4 Tips for Success]
- PPC for Building Material Suppliers: 4 Actionable Tips
- SEO for Building Material Suppliers: Top 5 Tips for Building Supply SEO
- Social Media for Building Material Suppliers [+5 Tips]