The global water well drilling industry is set to grow to $3.9 billion by 2027. Much of this growth comes from an increased need for water wells to accommodate the world’s growing agricultural development, population growth, aging infrastructure, and the rising value of utility construction.
With this expected growth and demand, it’s more important than ever for your business to establish an effective lead generation strategy to secure and convert more leads into paying contracts.
You don’t need us to tell you how competitive your industry is — digital lead generation campaigns give you the platform you need to showcase your drilling services across multiple markets or customer segments.
If you’re new to lead generation for well drilling companies, call WebFX at 888-601-5359 and follow these four steps to get started:
1. Know your unique selling points
Your unique selling point (USP) distinguishes you from others in your industry or local sector and helps customers choose to sign a contract with you instead of your competitors. By highlighting what sets you apart and what you do best, you can target warmer leads, like companies requiring your specific expertise or a certain service your competitor doesn’t offer.
Defining your USP starts by understanding your competitors and your customers. Know who and where your competitors are — what are their USPs? What do they offer that you don’t? What complaints and praises are common across their reviews?
Knowing your customers is a bit more nuanced, especially if your company caters to multiple types. Every customer segment has its set of needs, values, preferences, and geographic constraints. The more you know about the business you’re advertising to, the better you can tailor your lead gen strategy.
Possible USPs for water well drilling companies might be:
- Specific equipment types, like a larger rig for multi-well sites or units that drill to a specific depth for more demanding properties
- Specialized consulting services, like on-staff specialists with experience in unique cases, like extended and directional drilling or challenging terrain conditions
- Desirable qualities, like faster turnaround times than others in your local sector or more modernized drilling rig equipment
Use your USP to guide each part of your marketing messaging. Handpick reviews, testimonials, and success stories that highlight your USP, and make sure they’re easily available on your website.
2. Prioritize your website
Every part of your lead generation strategy — and every other part of your digital marketing portfolio — leads back to your website. Your site acts as a central hub for everything a customer needs to know about you, like who and where you are, what you do, previous work experience, contact information, and frequently asked questions.
Landing pages and calls to action (CTAs) are two key parts of web design to focus on before implementing a lead gen campaign in the well drilling industry.
Your landing page is where leads go when they click one of your paid ads or on a specific link. You should have multiple landing pages to fit different marketing campaigns, and each should be optimized for search engines, have fast loading times, be free of glitches and broken links, and have clean, professional branding.
Each landing page has its own CTA, often in the form of a clickable button or popup. These CTAs are how you present leads with a “next step” to take, such as signing up for your email newsletter, submitting their information to request a free quote, or downloading a whitepaper relevant to your drilling company’s USP.
Once you’ve established your landing pages and CTAs, ensure the rest of your website is up to par with these tips:
- Make it mobile-friendly: The drilling and mining industry is the third least mobile-friendly industry online — don’t make the same mistake as your competitors. Your website should be optimized for mobile users and have a responsive design to scale and adapt to various screen sizes.
- Post original content: Nearly 90% of industrial marketers blog monthly because it’s a great way to signify credibility and build authority. Blog posts are also easy to share across different platforms, boosting your discoverability and reaching more audiences. Videos are helpful forms of content, too, especially if you repurpose them for social media marketing.
- Design mindfully: Designing a user-friendly website means keeping the prospect in mind, like organizing navigation menus according to your audience’s most common needs or recurring questions. Use visuals, branded color palettes, and distraction-free design principles to keep everything engaging and easy to use.
3. Optimize for search engines
Nearly 80% of all industrial marketers have a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy to build brand recognition and help businesses rank as high as possible on the search engine results page.
Well drilling companies should focus on these three areas to get started with SEO:
When a prospect types a search into Google, they use what are called “keywords” and “keyword phrases.” Possible keywords for water well drilling could include:
- Location-specific searches, like “well drilling near me” or “well drilling companies near me”
- Specialty-based searches, like “well drilling for irrigation” or “deep well drilling”
- Detail-driven searches, like “cost to drill a well”
Specific keywords and their relevance change frequently, and knowing which words are currently trending for your industry is one of the fastest ways to optimize for SEO.
Backlinks are when another website links to your website, page, or content and shares it with its audience. This linking practice helps build authority with prospects and search engine algorithms, making it a highly valuable marketing tool. It also helps establish your credibility and trust while guiding customers to make stronger connections between your drilling company and leaders in the industry.
To gain backlinking opportunities, create linkable content, like informative blog posts, and use any partnerships you already have with other businesses.
Local SEO specifically targets prospects based on their physical location and proximity to your business. It’s how you get your website high in the rankings for those “near me” searches from leads in your service area.
Some ways to enhance local SEO efforts include:
- Crafting title tags and meta descriptions with location-specific keywords
- Ensuring your name, address, and phone number are up-to-date on all online accounts and business listings
- Creating a Google Business Profile
4. Invest in PPC ads
Pay-per-click (PPC) ads range from paid search results and local service ads to display ads on other websites or instream ads in YouTube videos. They are a highly adaptable form of marketing because you determine how much you want to spend per campaign and only incur costs when someone clicks on the ad in question.
Because viewers click the ad, they’re automatically considered a warm lead, which increases the likelihood of converting them into a paid contract, ultimately paying for the cost of the campaign.
You can leverage individual PPC campaigns to increase brand awareness or target specific audiences, like companies that generate a certain amount of annual revenue or those located in a precise location with topography that matches your rig setup.
37% of marketers say that generating high-quality leads was one of their biggest challenges.
We want to decrease that percentage.
WebFX can help you generate high-quality leads with a customized marketing strategy.Learn More About Lead Generation Services
WebFX knows digital marketing for the drilling industry — let us help you generate more business leads!
When your water well drilling company chooses lead gen services from WebFX, you get a dedicated account manager to help walk you through each step of the process.
Our team of digital marketing pros can do all the market and competitor research necessary to create your custom strategy, all while you enjoy the convenience of transparent pricing and the industry expertise that’s generated more than 7.8 million leads for companies like yours.
Request a proposal today to get started.