Here’s a common scenario for B2G lead generation:
Jim is a local city manager looking for a new waste disposal company for the city’s residents. He starts searching around the web to do research and find the right company for the contract. Jim comes across a waste management company that’s the perfect fit, so he gives them the call.
Except, it’s your competition on the other end of the line.
This scenario can become a reality without a lead generation strategy in place. When government officials want to find the right business to government (B2G) companies, they’re turning to online channels, like Google and social media, to help them pick the right company.
If you want to earn more government contracts than your competition, you must develop a lead generation strategy as a part of your B2G marketing plan.
On this page, we’ll answer all your questions about lead generation for B2G companies, including:
- What Is Lead Generation For B2G Companies?
- Why Should I Do Lead Generation For B2G?
- How To Generate Leads For B2G Companies: 3 Key Strategies To Use
Keep reading to find out how lead gen can help you earn more government contracts! Additionally, if you need help launching your lead generation strategy, WebFX has a team of over 500 marketing experts ready to help.
What is lead generation for B2G companies?
Lead generation involves attracting interested people to your business and continually increasing their interest over time to convert them. With B2G lead generation, your focus is on targeting government officials looking to contract work to businesses like yours.
Why should I do lead generation for B2G?
If you’re wondering why lead generation for government contractors is worth your time, here are four key reasons to start generating leads now:
1. You target people most interested in what you offer
One of the biggest reasons to do lead generation for B2G companies is that it helps you target people most interested in what you offer.
When you advertise your business using traditional methods, it’s hard to pinpoint the exact people you want to reach. You often end up reaching more uninterested people than those interested.
With an online lead generation strategy, you can set up your campaigns to reach people who want your products or services. You can put yourself in front of government officials looking for what you offer.
Since you’re putting your business in front of more people interested in what you offer, you earn more qualified leads for your company.
2. You build brand awareness
Before governments can offer you a contract, they want to get familiar with your business and ensure you’re the right fit. These officials won’t choose your team without thoroughly researching your company to understand who you are and what you do.
With lead generation strategies in place, you can build brand awareness and help government officials get more familiar with your company. You have numerous opportunities to build brand awareness, from ranking in search engines to appearing in social media feeds.
When it comes to choosing a contractor, those officials will remember your brand and be more likely to choose you as a result.
3. You use your budget wisely
One of the biggest benefits of lead generation for government contractors is optimizing your marketing budget. As stated earlier, using traditional methods to market your business makes it challenging to reach qualified leads.
As a result, you may waste marketing dollars on these strategies.
With lead generation for B2G companies, you target more interested leads, leading to more government contracts for your business. As a result, you spend your marketing dollars more wisely and get more from your budget.
4. You earn more government contracts
The most significant benefit of B2G lead generation is that you get more government contracts. When you build an online presence, you reach government officials where they’re looking to find the right contractor.
Since you’re putting your business in front of these qualified leads, you’re more likely to earn government contracts and drive revenue for your business.
How to generate leads for B2G companies: 3 key strategies to use
Having an online B2G lead generation strategy is critical for moving your business forward and helping you earn valuable contracts. Try these three incredible strategies if you want to know how to generate leads for B2G companies!
1. Search engine optimization (SEO)
If you want government officials to discover your business when researching contractors, invest in search engine optimization (SEO). SEO involves optimizing your website to rank better in search results and drive more qualified traffic to your website.
This strategy is critical for helping you earn B2G leads. When people research and look for relevant companies to hire, they turn to search engines like Google to help them find the right one.
Not to mention, over 70% of people research a company on the web before deciding to buy, so it’s critical people can find you in search results to learn more about your company.
To get started with SEO, follow these best practices:
- Find relevant keywords to integrate into your pages: Keywords are critical for helping your business appear in relevant search results. Conduct keyword research to find relevant long-tail keywords you can use on your website to drive more relevant traffic.
- Improve your site load time: If you want your website to rank in search results, you must improve your website load time. Use Google PageSpeed Insights to look at your website’s current load time and help your website run faster.
- Make your website mobile-friendly: Since Google uses a mobile-first index, you must have a mobile-friendly website. Integrate responsive design to help your website adapt to whatever device your audience uses.
2. Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
If you want to know how to generate leads for B2G companies, try using pay-per-click (PPC) advertising to reach qualified leads. PPC advertising is an excellent method for driving qualified leads to your business. These ads appear at the top of search results, above the organic listings.
PPC ads are great for attracting qualified leads looking for your business. Considering 65% of all high intent searches result in someone clicking on an ad, PPC ads are great for attracting qualified leads.
To get started with PPC ads, follow these best practices:
- Bid on relevant keywords: Keywords trigger your ad to appear in relevant search results, so you must bid on the right terms to put your ads in front of relevant leads. Conduct keyword research to find applicable terms for your ads.
- Use ad extensions: Ad extensions help you provide more information for your audience. From callout extensions to structured snippets, you have dozens of options for enhancing your ads. Use these extensions to entice more people to click on your ads.
- Create a custom landing page: When people click your ads, they want to see the information that matters most to them. Create a custom landing page that matches your ad’s call to action and meets your audience’s expectations.
3. Social media advertising
Social media advertising is a critical component of B2G lead generation. When you run social media ads, your ads appear in users’ newsfeeds as they scroll. Since social media ads are highly targeted, it’s an excellent way for you to reach the right government officials.
You can use multiple platforms for advertising your business, including:
Social media platforms are an excellent place for you to reach government officials and target them with your products or service.
To make social media advertising part of your B2G lead generation strategy, follow these best practices:
- Use high-quality visuals: Social media ads typically use photos or videos, so you’ll want to ensure that your visuals aren’t grainy, stretched, or low-quality. High-quality images and videos will catch your audience’s attention and entice them to click.
- Try different ad formats: Social media ads offer different formats for presenting your information, so you’ll want to try other options to see which works best. From photo ads to carousel ads, trying various ad types can help you drive better results.
- Consider ad fatigue: If you run the same ad for too long, it can become ineffective and lead to ad fatigue. Keep track of your ad performance and swap out any advertisements that decline in performance.
Time to Level Up Your Sales
Our long list of services helps you grow every aspect of your business with marketing strategies that are proven to increase bottom-line metrics like revenue and conversions.
In the past 5 years, we’ve managed more than 12.9 MILLION transactions across our client base.
Need help with lead generation for B2G companies?
If you want to earn more government contracts, you must invest in B2G lead generation.
Since lead generation for B2G companies requires setting up multiple strategies, you may consider outsourcing to a lead generation company. WebFX is a top-rated lead generation company that can help you earn more contracts.
Our team of over 500 marketing experts can help you create a lead generation strategy that drives results. In the past five years alone, we’ve driven over 7.8 million leads for our clients. You can feel confident we’ll help you drive more qualified leads for your company.
- Lead Generation for Baltimore, MD
- Lead Generation for Cleveland, OH
- Lead Generation for Columbus, OH
- Lead Generation for Dallas, TX
- Lead Generation for Harrisburg, PA
- Lead Generation for Jacksonville, FL
- Lead Generation for Minneapolis, MN
- Lead Generation for NYC
- Lead Generation for Philadelphia, PA
- Lead Generation for Raleigh, NC
- Lead Generation for Richmond, VA