If you’re relying on traditional marketing methods for your occupational therapy practice, you may feel frustrated with the results you’re seeing. It may feel like you’re putting a lot of time and effort into your campaigns, only to feel unsure if they’re really working.
Are you ready for a more reliable, effective, and measurable way to market your practice?
Then you’re ready to get started with digital marketing for occupational therapists.
Online marketing for occupational therapists is one of the most valuable ways to reach the most qualified leads for your practice and turn them into clients. But where do you start?
Luckily, we’ve got a list of the top seven OT digital marketing ideas to help you get started, including:
- Optimize Your Presence In Search Engines To Drive More Qualified Website Traffic
- Use Email Marketing To Nurture Leads And Drive Conversions
- Run Paid Ads To Capture Qualified Leads
- Share Valuable Content On Social Media To Boost Engagement
- Use Video Marketing To Engage Visitors
- Start A Blog To Boost Site Traffic
- Optimize Your Google My Business Listing To Drive Local Leads
If you need help launching any of these strategies, WebFX has a team of over 500 marketing experts ready to help. Contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist about our digital marketing services!
OT digital marketing idea #1: Optimize your presence in search engines to drive more qualified website traffic
If you want to do online marketing for occupational therapists effectively, start by optimizing your presence in search engines. When people want to find an occupational therapist, they turn to search engines to help them find the right one.
If you aren’t optimizing your pages to appear in these relevant searches, you’re missing a prime opportunity to drive potential patients to your site. That’s where search engine optimization (SEO) can help.
SEO involves optimizing your presence in search engines to rank higher and drive more qualified traffic. It’s an excellent strategy for helping your practice grow online.
So, how do you help your practice appear in more relevant searches? Here are a few tips to help you appear higher in more relevant search results:
- Identify relevant keywords and integrate them into your site
- Optimize your title tags and meta descriptions to ensure they’re informative and entice people to click
- Improve your site’s load time to deliver information to your audience fast
- Integrate responsive design to deliver a mobile-friendly experience for your audience
OT digital marketing idea #2: Use email marketing to nurture leads and drive conversions
Another strategy you can use for Internet marketing for occupational therapists is email marketing. Email marketing allows you to send information directly to prospects interested in your occupational therapy services.
Once you have a substantial list of subscribers, you can start sending emails. Here are some best practices you’ll want to follow to help you get the most from your email marketing campaigns:
- Segment your subscribers to send them the most relevant content
- Personalize your audience’s experience with little touches like using their name
- Carry your practice’s unique brand style throughout your email
- Incorporate call to action (CTA) buttons that entice users to click
- Use eye-catching subject lines to encourage people to open your email
OT digital marketing idea #3: Run paid ads to capture qualified leads
Next on our list of digital marketing ideas for OTs is running paid ads. Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is an excellent way for your practice to reach people close to choosing an occupational therapist. In fact, 65% of all high-intent searches result in someone clicking on a PPC ad.
PPC ads appear at the top of search results, so they’re a great way to build brand recognition and drive more traffic to your OT website.
Here are a few tips to help you launch a successful PPC strategy:
- Identify long-tail keywords to keep your cost per click (CPC) low while reaching qualified traffic
- Use ad extensions to provide more information to searchers and earn more clicks
- Optimize your bid amount to maximize your budget
- Use negative keywords to prevent your ads from appearing in irrelevant search results
OT digital marketing idea #4: Share valuable content on social media to boost engagement
One of the best OT digital marketing ideas is to connect with prospects on social media and share valuable content with them. Social media marketing enables you to have a direct connection with prospects and deliver information straight to them.
You can connect with potential patients on numerous social platforms, including:
Follow these best practices to launch a successful social media strategy:
- Post content often to ensure followers see your content
- Engage with prospects in the comments to build relationships
- Post diverse content to appeal to multiple members of your audience
- Use a social media scheduling tool to making posting a breeze
OT digital marketing idea #5: Use video marketing to engage visitors
With online marketing for occupational therapists, you want to keep visitors engaged with your practice. One of the best mediums for keeping prospects engaged is video marketing. Videos enable you to deliver an abundance of information in less time.
To launch a successful video marketing strategy, follow these best practices:
- Try different video types (tutorials, demos, short clips)
- Schedule when to create, edit, and post videos
- Integrate your practice’s unique style into your video and edits
- Include a call to action to get people to act on your videos
- Post videos on your pages and social media accounts to maximize reach
OT digital marketing idea #6: Start a blog to boost site traffic
A key strategy you want to use with digital marketing for occupation therapists is starting a blog. Content creation is one of the most effective strategies for helping you boost traffic while simultaneously increasing your practice’s trust and authority.
Blogging enables you to share helpful information with prospects who actively seek it. If you want to be successful with your blog, follow these best practices:
- Post content often to continually drive traffic to your site
- Integrate relevant keywords into your blog posts
- Create evergreen blog posts, so they remain relevant over time
- Use a content calendar to stay organized with posting content
- Write for your audience first — refrain from overly technical language or writing to appease search engines
OT digital marketing strategy #7: Optimize your Google My Business listing to drive local leads
The last item we’ll talk about on this list of digital marketing ideas for OTs is optimizing your Google My Business listing. As an occupational therapist, many of your patients come from your local area. To ensure they find your practice, you must claim your local listing.
These local listings appear in searches like “occupational therapist near me” and “occupational therapist in [city].” These listings appear in the local 3-pack at the top of search results.
To make the most of your local listing, following these best practices:
- Verify your name, address, and phone number (NAP) information are correct to ensure searchers get the right information
- Add photos to enhance your listing and provide insight into your practice
- Monitor and respond to reviews on your profile to build a positive reputation
- Add your hours of operation, so people know when they can visit your office
Get started with digital marketing for occupational therapists
With this list of OT digital marketing ideas, you can begin building an online presence for your occupational therapy office. But if you aren’t sure where to start with your strategy, WebFX is here to help. We have a team of over 500 marketing experts ready to help you build a custom strategy.
We know how to craft digital marketing campaigns that drive results. In the past five years alone, we’ve driven over $3 billion in revenue and over 7.8 million leads for our clients. You can feel confident we’ll build you a custom strategy that helps your practice grow.