You’ve made the decision that you’re finally ready to dive into the world of online marketing. But where do you start?
Without a marketing strategy in place, you may struggle to figure out how to market your business effectively online.
But don’t panic! We’re here to guide you and help you develop a marketing strategy. On this page, you’ll find five steps for building a marketing strategy for construction companies.
P.S. If you’re feeling overwhelmed while trying to figure out your marketing strategy for construction companies, give us a call today at 888-601-5359 (or contact us online) to speak with a marketing expert about creating a marketing strategy that works for you!
5 steps for building a marketing strategy for construction companies
If you want to know how to promote your construction business, you must start by creating a marketing strategy. Let’s look at five steps for creating a marketing plan for your construction company.
1. Determine your business’s goals
The first step in creating a marketing strategy for construction companies is to determine your business’s goals. You can’t run a successful campaign if you don’t know what your business is trying to achieve.
You can set many goals for your marketing strategy, including:
- Increase brand awareness
- Increase traffic
- Increase leads
- Increase sales
- And more
When you set your goals, you want to ensure they’re SMART goals. SMART goals are:
- Specific: The outcome you desire is evident. A goal like “increase leads” isn’t precise. A specific goal would be “increase leads by 20%.”
- Measurable: When goals are measurable, it means you can look at metrics and insights to see if you’ve reached your goal. So, a goal like “increase leads” isn’t easy to measure because there’s no way to know if you’ve reached that goal. With “increase leads by 20%,” you can look at metrics and compare them to prior performance to see if leads increased.
- Achievable: Your goals should be realistic for your team. Although you should always aim high, be sure to consider previous months’ metrics to determine if your goal is attainable. For example, if you’ve increased traffic steadily by 10% per month for the past year, setting a goal of increasing traffic by 120% isn’t attainable or realistic.
- Relevant: Your goals should be related to what you want to achieve with your business. So, if you set your goal to increase leads by 20%, that goal should relate to what your company wants to achieve overall, like increased revenue year over year.
- Timely: Your goals need to have a deadline. If you don’t set a deadline, you won’t know if you’re driving success, and your team won’t feel compelled to work towards that goal. Make sure when you set your timeframe that it’s a realistic amount of time to achieve your goal!
Once you know your goals, you can move on to the next step of building your marketing plan for your construction company.
Attract more clients
I'd like to learn more
with digital marketing for your construction company.
2. Conduct a SWOT analysis for your business
Once you set your goals, you’ll conduct a SWOT analysis for your business. This part is essential to your marketing plan for construction companies because it enables you to analyze your business model to build the best marketing strategy for your construction company.
SWOT stands for:
- Strengths: Strengths are the aspects your construction company does well or things that are unique to your business.
- Weakness: Weaknesses are areas where your construction company can improve or where you lack resources to do something.
- Opportunities: Opportunities are potential areas where you can expand or grow your construction company.
- Threats: Threats are things that can hurt your construction company, like competitors, and drive business away from your company.
So, for example, let’s say that one of your weaknesses is customer service. By identifying this weakness, you can try to improve it through your marketing strategy. You could, for example, utilize chatbots and messaging on social media to help improve customer service.
A SWOT analysis is critical to helping you understand your business thoroughly. After performing one, you’ll know where your business succeeds and where you need to put in some extra work. You can use this information to help inform your marketing strategy and develop a plan that best fits your construction company.
3. Determine your target audience
The next step in creating a marketing plan for your construction company is determining your target audience. To have success with your campaign, you must know who you’re trying to reach and who is most likely to take an interest in your construction company.
As a construction company, it’s a little more challenging to establish your target audience because you’re typically targeting other businesses. When you target other companies, you’re trying to appeal to multiple decision-makers, so you must keep that in mind when creating your target personas.
To establish your target audience, you’ll want to create marketing personas for the different types of buyers. You can base that information on:
- Company type
- Company size
- Occupation/position in the company
- And more
Knowing this information will help ensure you’re reaching the right people so you can drive success with your marketing strategy for your construction company.
See how we can help you GROW YOUR BUSINESS
4. Set your budget range
The next part of your marketing strategy for construction companies is determining your budget.
Keep in mind that the average cost of digital marketing services is between $2500 to $12,000 per month for small-to-midsized businesses (SMBs).
You must set a marketing budget that’s reasonable for your business, but at the same time, you want to ensure that you’re spending enough to drive results. Your budget will help you determine which marketing tactics fit within your means.
5. Figure out your marketing tactics
Once you know your budget, the last part of your marketing plan for your construction company is figuring out which marketing tactics you’ll utilize.
There are numerous construction marketing tactics you can use to grow your business online, including:
- Search engine optimization (SEO): If you want to promote your construction business organically, SEO is the answer. SEO enables you to boost your ranking in search results by integrating relevant keywords, improving site load time, and more. This strategy will enable you to drive more relevant traffic to your page.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising: PPC is a fantastic way to advertise your construction company. PPC ads are paid advertisements that appear at the top of the search results above organic listings. When you optimize your bid and create relevant ad copy, this strategy will enable you to drive more leads that convert.
- Social media marketing: Social media marketing for construction enables you to build a personal relationship with leads interested in your construction services. You can share content with your audience and get them to engage with your brand. Most social platforms also include a messaging platform to help you connect directly to customers.
- Social media advertising: Social media advertising enables you to take your construction company’s social strategy to the next level by placing advertisements in newsfeeds of relevant leads. With precise targeting and enticing ad copy, you’ll reach more prospects looking to hire a construction company.
- Email marketing: Email marketing is another marketing idea for construction companies that enables you to have a personal connection with your audience. With personalized construction email marketing campaigns, you can send tailored newsletters, blogs, and more to nurture leads towards conversion.
- Content marketing: If you want to promote your construction business, content marketing is the answer. Content marketing enables you to share your knowledge and expertise with your audience by creating blog posts, videos, and more. You’ll provide your audience with valuable information they seek and help establish your business as an authority in construction.
- Web design: A beautifully designed site sets a positive first impression for your audience. Your construction website should be unique to your business while helping site visitors to better understand your brand and services. Additionally, having a responsive web design will help deliver a website that works great on all devices.
These are just some of the many tactics you can include in your marketing strategy for construction companies. It may take some research, consideration, and experimentation to figure out which strategies work best for your construction company.
If you don’t have the time to dedicate to marketing strategy experimentation, rely on a marketing agency like WebFX!
Reach more customers online
When you partner with WebFX, we'll help you earn visibility for the keywords your target audience is searching, and earn more customers for your construction company.Speak with a strategist
Start developing your marketing strategy for construction companies today
A successful construction company starts with a strong marketing strategy, but it can be challenging to find the time to research and implement a marketing strategy for your construction company.
However, that’s where WebFX can help.
As a full-service digital marketing agency, we can help you develop a marketing strategy for construction companies that enables your business to thrive online.
In the past five years, we’ve driven over $2.4 billion in sales and over 6.3 million leads for our clients. You can count on us to drive results that help your business thrive.
Ready to start building your digital marketing strategy? Contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist.
Find out how WebFX can help you create an effective marketing strategy for your construction company.
Call 888.449.3239 or contact us online today
for a free evaluation.