How to Design a Website for ConversionsLearn
Home How to Design a Website for Conversions The goal of every company’s website is to convert visitors in some way. For some businesses, conversions involve people buying something that is sold on the site. For others, they mean something […]
Performance Marketing ServicesServices
Revenue-Driven, Performance Marketing Services from WebFX When you invest in digital marketing services, you want to build a strategy that drives revenue for your business. With digital performance marketing services from WebFX, you’ll get a revenue-focused strategy that helps you […]
How Business Consultants Grow Your CompanyLearn
What Is Business Consulting and How Can It Grow Your Company? Running a business is no easy feat. From managing your accounting processes to your marketing operations, you must juggle several tasks to help your business succeed. Do you find […]
Performance Marketing AgencyAgency
A Top-Rated Performance Marketing Agency to Help You Grow If you want to maximize results for your business, you must partner with a performance marketing agency that knows how to use your results to power your marketing. WebFX is a […]
Marketing Data Management
Marketing Data Management: How to Leverage Your Data Data powers effective marketing strategies, and digital marketing provides an abundance of data. However, the information means nothing if you don’t have an adequate method for organizing, analyzing, and applying it. That’s […]
What is an Attribution Model and What Kind Should You Use?Glossary
What Is an Attribution Model and What Kind Should You Use? It’s important to track marketing metrics so you know how to reoptimize your campaigns, and attribution models can help you do that. But what is an attribution model? Keep […]
Marketing Operations ServicesServices
Marketing Operations Services to Drive Sales and Revenue Marketing operations help you align and optimize your marketing process to power your overall marketing strategy. With top-tier marketing operations services from WebFX, you can maximize your return on investment (ROI) and […]
What is Marketing?Glossary
What Is Marketing? Definition, Strategies, And Benefits What is marketing, and how can it help your business? If these questions are currently on your mind, we’ve got you covered. Keep reading to learn the definition of marketing and how it […]
7 Advantages of Using Video in Your Marketing PlanLearn
7 Advantages of Using Video In Your Marketing Plan Video marketing is quickly becoming an effective way to reach your target audience. The development of sites like YouTube gives users a platform to search, share, and engage with videos. View […]
Google Marketing Services That Help Your Business
Google Marketing Services That Help Your Business Google is a dominating force on the Internet. It handled about two trillion searches in 2016, and this number only continues to increase each year. View Our Digital Marketing Services
Digital marketing — promoting a business, product, or service using online channels and electronic devices — is increasingly important in today’s world.
Digital ad spend surpassed traditional in 2019, 91% of companies use social media, and Google processes over 3.5 billion searches per day.
Nearly every business can benefit from a strong online presence and a results-driven digital marketing strategy.
Whether you’re just starting out with Internet marketing or you’re years into using it to promote your business, we want to help you get the information you need to succeed.
So, we’ve put together these free digital marketing resources. Browse through the articles listed below or click on the category that interests you most!
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing, also called online marketing, uses online channels, electronic devices, and digital technologies to promote a business, person, product, or service to an online audience.
Digital marketing consists of strategies such as search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, social media advertising, social media marketing, email marketing, and web design. Marketing via these channels is valuable for building brand awareness, generating website traffic, attracting qualified leads, nurturing leads, driving sales, reducing customer churn, and improving overall customer satisfaction.
Learn more about the basics of digital marketing
Digital marketing basics resources
- What Is Web Marketing?
- The Definitive Guide to Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing Definition
- Digital Marketing 101
- Your All-Inclusive Guide to Website Consultants
- Traditional Media vs. New Media
- The Modern Digital Marketing Funnel
- The Cost of Marketing: A Marketing Budget Breakdown
- 6 Main Objectives of Internet Marketing
- What is Full-Service Internet Marketing?
- Inbound Marketing vs. Outbound Marketing
- What Is Data-Driven Marketing?
Why use digital marketing?
Digital marketing is one of the fastest-growing marketing strategies in the world and has been for years. According to Forrester, companies will soon invest more than $140 billion per year in digital marketing.
Online marketing is a powerful, cost-effective, and transparent marketing solution for every business as it is highly customizable for almost every budget and industry. With digital marketing, multiple strategies can work alongside each other and benefit each other. It allows advanced targeting and personalization options, accurate campaign tracking and measurement, and continuous campaign performance feedback.
Learn more about the benefits of digital marketing
Digital marketing channels and strategies
Digital marketing encompasses a wide range of strategies that use online channels and digital technologies. The most common digital marketing strategies include:
- Search engine optimization (SEO): SEO helps your website rank well in search results for relevant keywords which increases the quantity and quality of your website traffic.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising: PPC ads are online ads that appear on search engine results pages as paid search results, on social media platforms as social media ads, and on other websites as display ads. With PPC management and PPC ads, you set a budget, and your budget is only depleted based on clicks.
- Social media marketing: Social media marketing is having a presence on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. By posting regularly on social media, a company or individual can create brand awareness and engage with their audience.
- Content marketing: Content marketing is the practice of creating website content to bring traffic to your site, increase brand awareness, and eventually drive leads and sales. Content types include blog posts, whitepapers, infographics, and videos.
- Email marketing: Email marketing involves sending email newsletters, promotional emails, and other email campaigns to subscribers and customers. With email marketing, a company or business can nurture leads, stay top of mind, and create brand awareness.
Learn more about digital marketing channels and strategies
Digital marketing channel resources
- What Are Marketing Channels and Which Ones Should You Use?
- 9 Best Internet Marketing Strategies for Growing Your Business
- 7 Digital Marketing Strategies for Your Campaign
- How to Create a Digital Marketing Strategy
- Top Digital Marketing Channels to Focus on
- 3 Online Marketing Channels for Lead Generation
- 7 Components of a Successful Digital Marketing Strategy
- SEO Resources
- Local SEO Resources
- PPC Resources
- Social Media Marketing Resources
- Web Design Resources
- Content Marketing Resources
- Email Marketing Resources
- Lead Generation Resources
- Online Marketplace Resources
- Digital Advertising Resources
- Resources for Marketing on Amazon
- Web Development Resources
- Marketing Technology Resources
Creating a digital marketing plan
To grow your business and actively compete with your competitors in the 21st century, you need to have a strategic digital marketing plan. Here’s how to create yours in six steps.
- Define your brand: Define the ins and outs of your brand so you can start narrowing down your target audience.
- Create buyer personas: Determine who your ideal customers are, where they spend their time online, and what their interests are.
- Set your marketing goals: Outline what you want to achieve with your digital marketing strategy and how you plan to measure your progress.
- Select your marketing methods: Now that you know who you will be targeting and what you need to achieve, choose the best platform to accomplish these goals.
- Set your budget: Define your budget and how you will allocate it as part of your digital marketing strategy.
- Measure results: Determine key performance indicators (KPIs) and set up methods for tracking your campaigns’ success.
Learn more about creating a digital marketing plan
Digital marketing plan resources
- What Is a Digital Marketing Strategy?
- Create a Digital Marketing Plan in 6 Steps
- How to Create a Strategic Internet Marketing Plan
- 6 Tips for Creating an Effective Marketing Plan
- 4 Steps to an Integrated Approach to Online Marketing
- What Is a Digital Marketing Campaign & How Do You Create One?
- How to Plan a Marketing Calendar in 8 Steps
- How to Plan a Marketing Budget
- Digital Strategy Agency
Digital marketing analytics
Digital marketing analytics is the practice of measuring, managing, and analyzing your marketing campaigns’ performance.
Marketing analytics involves processes and technologies that allow you to analyze and improve your digital marketing campaigns. Tracking and analyzing your marketing is essential because it enables you to summarize your marketing efforts, demonstrate which strategies work, show trends over time, and plan better for the future.
Learn more about digital marketing analytics
Digital marketing analytics resources
- Marketing Analytics Resources
- What Is Marketing Analytics?
- Why Analytics Are So Important for Internet Marketing
- How to Conduct a Digital Marketing Analysis
- 14 Digital Marketing Metrics to Measure
- What Are KPIs in Marketing?
- 25 Digital Marketing KPIs You Should Be Monitoring
- What Is ROI in Marketing?
- How to Measure Digital Marketing ROI
- Digital Marketing ROI Metrics
- What Is a Digital Marketing Dashboard?
- Marketing Analytics Services
- How to Choose a Marketing Analytics Service
- Marketing Analytics Pricing
Learn more about working with digital marketing agencies
Digital marketing agency resources
- Digital Marketing Services
- Our Digital Marketing Agency
- What Is a Full-Service Digital Marketing Agency?
- What Does a Digital Marketing Agency Do?
- Why Hire a Marketing Agency?
- How to Choose the Best Digital Marketing Agency
- 8 Questions to Ask When You Hire a Digital Marketing Agency
- Website Marketing Company
- Integrated Marketing Agencies
- In-House Marketing vs. Agency Marketing
Want to learn more about digital marketing?
Want to learn more about digital marketing from the WebFX team? Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest trends, marketing tips, digital marketing expertise, and more!