Content Marketing StrategyLearn
Home How to Create Your Content Marketing Strategy: An In-Depth Content Guide With the potential to double website conversion rates, more companies are turning to content marketing to grow their businesses. While their content marketing strategies may vary, every organization […]
How to Use Content Marketing to Increase Brand AwarenessLearn
Home How to Use Content Marketing to Increase Brand Awareness Brand awareness is one of the most important aspects of running a business. In fact, it directly impacts how many customers and clients you acquire as a company. View Our […]
Benefits of Content MarketingLearn
Home 8 Benefits of Content Marketing You Need to Know From videos to full-length articles, content is universally available on the Internet. Because of this, the benefits of content marketing for your business are undeniable. On this page, we’ll discuss […]
What’s the Difference Between Content Marketing and SEO?Learn
Home What’s the Difference between Content Marketing and SEO? As a full-service Internet marketing agency, we offer our clients a wide variety of options for improving their online presence. And for the most part, those services are pretty distinct—web design […]
What Is “Good, Unique Content”?
Home What Is “Good, Unique Content”? Improving a site’s rankings in search engines can be difficult, and if you’ve spent time researching how to do it, you’ve probably come across the phrase “good, unique content.” View Our Content Services View […]
What is a Gifographic?Glossary
Home What is a Gifographic? Content creation is an important part of your digital marketing plan. It drives traffic to your site and helps you earn new leads. View Our Content Services
UX Writing: 6 Tips for Creating UX ContentLearn
Home UX Writing: 6 Tips for Creating UX Content User experience (UX) is extremely important if you want your audience to remain engaged on your site. UX writing helps you create content that works for your audience in order to […]
5 Tips for Creating Effective Pillar ContentLearn
Home 5 Tips for Creating Effective Pillar Content Content marketing is an important part of your digital marketing plan. This method helps you attract leads you may not reach with other marketing methods. While there are many different types of […]
Is Content Replacing Sales?Learn
Home Is Content Replacing Sales? The Internet is one of the most powerful tools for attracting and converting clients for businesses in any industry. You can use your company’s website to publish original content, inform potential customers about what you […]
How to Write Better Copy for Your Website: Why Copywriting Is Essential
Home How to Write Better Copy for Your Website: Why Copywriting Is Essential In this website copywriting guide, you’ll learn why copywriting is essential to businesses like yours. Keep reading to get started! View the Chapters ↓ Read Chapter 2 […]
Today’s consumers turn to the Internet for all of the information they need, from quick tutorials to in-depth guides on subjects they want to learn more about.
With a strong content marketing strategy, you can reach your target audience as they seek information and show them that you’re a leader in your industry.
If you want to learn more about content marketing, you’re in the right place. On this page, you’ll get an introduction to content marketing and links to free content marketing resources so you can learn more about the topics that interest you most.
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is a marketing strategy centered around creating content that is valuable to users who may eventually become your customers.
When you use this marketing method, your goal is to become a trustworthy resource that users can go to find answers to their questions. If the content you create proves to be helpful to users, you’ll see more traffic on our site and, eventually, more leads and customers.
Why use content marketing?
Simply put, to grow your business! Content marketing is crucial to growing your business in today’s Internet-focused age. Having a content marketing strategy allows you to:
- Reach your target audience
- Increase brand awareness
- Convert interested site visitors into customers
Learn more about the basics of content marketing
Content marketing basics resources
Content marketing benefits resources
More content marketing tips and ideas
Want more content marketing tips and ideas? Explore these free content marketing resources.
Content marketing strategy resources
Content marketing tips
- 10 of the Most Important Content Marketing Tips
- 5 Ways to Make Your Content Marketing More Effective
- How to Do a Content Marketing Audit
- 15+ Content Marketing Trends
- Discover the Best Content Marketing Strategies
- 4 Ways to Find Great Content Marketing Ideas
- How to Use Content Marketing to Increase Brand Awareness
- 3 Tips for Creating Valuable Content in the Content Marketing Funnel
- 5+ Digital Content Marketing Tips for Nailing Your Strategy
- What Is Good, Unique Content?
- How to Promote Your Site Content
- How to Create Content for the Sales Funnel & Leads
- How the Buyer’s Journey Affects Your Content Marketing
- Elements Of High-Quality Content
- Content Marketing Checklist: Your Go-To Checklist for Content
- 13 Types of Creative Content Marketing and Why They Work
- How to Use Your Company Blog for Content Marketing
- Video for Content Marketing: Impressive Stats and How to Get Results
- How to Use Images and Videos for Content Marketing
Content marketing resources by industry
- 3 Effective Ways to Use Content Marketing for Ecommerce
- Healthcare Content Marketing: Tips, Benefits, & FAQs
- Content Marketing for Physicians
- Content Marketing for Banks: 5 Examples Your Bank Can Use
- 4 Major Benefits of Content Marketing for Contractors
- Content Marketing for Therapists
- 4 Content Marketing Tips for Tech Companies
- Content Marketing Tips for Real Estate
- 3 Content Marketing Ideas for Retail Stores
- 3-Step Content Marketing Strategy for Franchises
- Content Marketing Strategies for Home Services Companies
- 3 Reasons Content Marketing Will Benefit Your Hotels
- Higher Education Content Marketing: 5 Tips for Creating Content
- Content Marketing for Jewelers: Everything You Need to Know
- How Accountants Can Benefit From Content Marketing
How to measure content marketing results
Measuring the results of your content marketing is crucial to ensuring you get the most out of your efforts. Tracking results allows you to see what’s working and what isn’t so that you can improve your strategies.
In addition to tracking your return on investment (ROI), you’ll want to track various metrics that relate to the specific goals of your content marketing campaigns:
A few examples of goals and metrics to track from them include:
Goal 1: Brand awareness
If your main goal is to increase the number of people who know about your brand and understand how it’s defined, you’ll want to track metrics like:
- Website traffic
- Page views
- Video views
- Unique visitors
Goal 2: Engagement
If you want to increase the number of users who interact with your brand online, such as on social media, track metrics such as:
Goal 3: Lead generation
Another common goal is to generate leads — users who express interest in your business and are likely to become customers. Metrics to track for this objective include:
- Form completion
- Content downloads
- Email subscribers
- Blog subscribers
Goal 4: Sales
If the main goal of a campaign is to directly increase sales, track metrics like:
- Number of conversions
- Conversion rate
- Cost per acquisition
Measuring the metrics that affect your bottom line.
Are you interested in custom reporting that is specific to your unique business needs? Powered by MarketingCloudFX, WebFX creates custom reports based on the metrics that matter most to your company.
Learn more about measuring content marketing results
Content marketing analytics resources
How content marketing works with other digital marketing methods
How does content marketing fit into your overall digital marketing strategy? It works incredibly well with various other marketing methods, and using content marketing together with other strategies can improve your marketing’s overall effectiveness.
Your content can rank in search engines, enhancing your search engine optimization (SEO) efforts. You can also share your content via various channels, including social media and email newsletters.
To learn more about how content marketing works with other digital marketing methods and fits into an overall marketing strategy, take a look at these content marketing resources.
- 7 Reasons Content Is Essential to Digital Marketing
- How Do Content Marketing and Social Media Work Together?
- What’s the Difference Between Content Marketing and SEO?
- Content Marketing vs. Inbound Marketing
- How to Use Email Marketing to Improve Content Marketing
- Content Marketing vs. Social Media Marketing: Which is More Effective?
- Is Content Marketing or Advertising More Effective?
- How Can Content Marketing Improve Your SEO?
- How Web Design Impacts Content Marketing
- Content Marketing for Lead Generation
- How to Use Social Media for Content Marketing
- Top 5 Ways to Use LinkedIn for Content Marketing
Outsourcing content marketing
One of the best ways to get the most value from your content marketing is to partner with a professional content marketing agency.
Content marketing agencies have extensive knowledge, experienced teams, and advanced tools they can use to create and implement your content marketing strategy.
Because of these advantages, content marketing companies can:
- Get optimal results quickly
- Improve your ROI
- Save you time so you can focus on other areas of your business
What services do content marketing agencies offer?
Most content marketing agencies provide a wide variety of services spanning the entire content marketing process. Agencies can:
- Develop a content strategy
- Create and optimize content
- Promote and distribute content
- Measure content performance
- Use data to improve strategies
The best content marketing agencies create custom plans that meet your business’s unique needs because they understand that no two companies are alike. To develop these custom strategies, they take the time to get to know your business and your goals.
A good content marketing agency will focus on driving meaningful results for your business rather than just producing content. They’ll align their strategies with your objectives and continually refine your campaigns to improve their results.
Learn more about outsourcing content marketing
Content marketing agency resources
Content marketing pricing resources
Our content marketing services
- Content Marketing Services | SEO Content Creation & Promotion
- Content Creation Services | 65+ Content Types Offered
- Infographic Design Services: Your All-In-One Solution
- Custom Video Production From WebFX
- Explainer Video Services From WebFX
- Professional Blog Writing Services
- Professional Website Copywriter Services
- Stunning Motion Graphics Design From WebFX
- Expert Copywriting Services For Revenue-Driving Web Copy
- AI SEO Content Writing Services | Content That Ranks
- Personalized Web Content Services for Your Site
- Middle of the Funnel (MOFU) & Bottom of the Funnel (BOFU) Content
Additional channels and strategies
Discover additional digital marketing strategies that your business can use to increase its online visibility, plus drive leads and revenue.
Learn more about content marketing
Want to learn more about content marketing? Join more than 200,000 smart marketers in subscribing to our email newsletters for the latest tips and advice!
If you’re ready to get started with a custom content marketing strategy for your business, contact us online or at 888-601-5359. Our team of 500+ digital marketing experts is here to help.