What is social media marketing?
Social media marketing is a digital marketing strategy that utilizes social media platforms to achieve your business goals and reach your target audience. Whether your goals are to get more sales or increase brand awareness, social media marketing can work for you. Social media marketing includes organic social media posts and paid social media ads.
Learn more about the basics of social media marketing
Learn the fundamentals of social media marketing with these free social media resources.
Social media marketing basics resources
Why use social media for marketing?
Social media is an important aspect of marketing for many businesses. It allows you to connect with your audience directly and learn more about them.
Some of the advantages of utilizing social media marketing include:
- You can get to know your audience better, giving you insight into who’s interested in your business and allowing you to deliver more valuable content to your audience.
- You can provide better customer service. You can address customers personally, build your brand in a positive light, and deal with any issues one-on-one with the customers.
- You can learn how your audience perceives your company. Social media interactions let you see what your followers think of your business.
Learn more about the benefits of social media marketing
Social media marketing benefits resources
- Is Social Media Marketing Right for Your Business?
- Why Marketing Through Social Media is Effective
- 32 Reasons Why Social Media Marketing Is Important
- Top 14 Advantages and Disadvantages of Social Media
- 9 Priceless Benefits of Social Media for Businesses
- Pros and Cons of Social Media: Is Social Media Worth It?
- 6+ Benefits of Social Media Management for SMBs
- Why Social Media Is Important
- Why Does Social Media Matter for Business?
- Why Advertise on Social Media? 5+ Benefits You Can’t Ignore
How to get started with social media marketing
Social media marketing involves using platforms like Instagram and Facebook to connect with your target audience and promote your services or products to drive website traffic, sales, and brand awareness.
Once you’ve decided to try social media marketing, you’ll want to focus on five main steps to give your campaign the best chance at success.
- First, you’ll want to build a social media marketing strategy. You need a plan to drive your decisions, like how often you post or what you post. You’ll also need to decide if you’ll include ads in your social media strategy.
- Next, you’ll plan and create your social media content. You need to provide your audience with content to interact with, as keeping your followers engaged is vital.
- Next, you’ll develop, launch, and manage your social media campaigns according to the strategies and plans you created.
- The next component to focus on is engaging with, listening to, and responding to users. Determine who will monitor social media comments, how your company will engage with users, and what tools you’ll use for monitoring.
- Lastly, you will want to review your social media analytics and compile next actionable steps. In this step, you will decide what metrics matter most to your goals and campaigns and how often to review your social media data.
Following these steps will help your social media campaign get off to a successful start.
More social media marketing tips and techniques
Want to learn more about how to use social media to promote your business? Check out these social media marketing article for more info about creating a social media strategy and get tips on various aspects of social media marketing and advertising.
Social media marketing strategy resources
Social media marketing tips and techniques
- Build An Audience On Social Media With These Tips
- 5 Ways to Earn Leads with Social Media
- 10 Ways to Promote a New Website on Social Media
- How to Handle a Crisis on Social Media
- Social Media Marketing for Events
- 8 Social Media Marketing Trends
- Top 14 Social Media Sites for Businesses
- Social Media Optimization: What Is It (+7 SMO Tips)
- Social Commerce: What It Is + 9 Tips to Implement It
- 9 Popular Social Messaging Apps for Your Business
- 6 Social Media Sites You Can Use With Video Advertising Services
- 5 Result-Driving Types of Social Media Advertising
- 7 Tips to Create a Great Instagram Marketing Strategy
- 11 Best Facebook Marketing Strategies for Businesses
- Marketing Techniques: 20 MVP Strategies
- Social Media Promotion: 4 Steps for Promoting on Social Media
- 11 Social Media Ad Best Practices to Drive More Leads
- Social Media Branding: What It Is and 4 Strategies for SMBs
Social media analytics
Tracking your campaigns is crucial to successful social media marketing. Browse the resources below to learn how social media marketing metrics and analytics.
Social media analytics resources
- Social Media Analysis: Your Extensive How-To to Improve Social Success
- How to Gauge Social ROI and Why It Matters
- Which Social Media Metrics Matter and Why You Should Be Measuring Them
- How to Measure the ROI of Social Media Marketing
- Social Media KPIs
- Reach vs. Impressions: What’s the Difference?
- How to Measure Your Social Media Advertising ROI in 8 Steps
- 3 Social Media Metrics You Should Stop Using
- How to Use Google Analytics for Social Media Tracking
- Top Two Ways to Use Behavioral Data in Your Social Media Campaigns
- Your Guide To Using Facebook Analytics
- Social Media Data: What It Is and Why You Should Track It
- Use Instagram Analytics to Improve Your Business Profile
- 4 Benefits of Using Instagram Analytics for Marketing
Tools and technology for social media marketing
You can use numerous tools to help you with your social media marketing, including:
- Social media analytics platforms
- Social media scheduling tools
- Social media monitoring tools
- And more
Explore these social media marketing resources to learn about the best social media tools.
Discover social media tools and tech
Social media marketing tools resources
- Social Media Tech: Find the Best Social Media Tools
- The 4 Best Social Media Management Tools
- 6 Free Social Media Tools to Simplify Your Campaigns
- 7 Best Social Listening Tools to Monitor Your Social Media
- The Only 7 Social Media Monitoring Tools You Need
- 7 Social Media Scheduling Tools That’ll Save You Time
- Social Media Automation: What Is It, Why You Need It, and 4 Tools
- Best Social Media Dashboards to Use and Reasons to Use Them
- 9 Best Instagram Marketing Tools to Save Your Business Time
- 7 Great Influencer Marketing Tools
Working with a social media marketing agency
Working with a social media marketing agency is a great way to launch and manage your social media marketing campaigns.
The social media marketing agency takes the burden off your shoulders regarding the success of your campaigns. They determine what social networks to use, identify your target audience, earn followers, engage followers, increase site traffic, track results, and use data to improve their strategy.
Professional social media marketers have the expertise, team, and resources to quickly and effectively drive meaningful results. When you work with an experienced social media marketing agency, you’ll get better results faster and have more time to focus on other aspects of running your business.
Learn more about social media marketing services
Check out these free social media marketing resources to learn more about working with a social media marketing agency.
How to choose the right social media marketing agency
Our social media services
- Social Media Marketing Services: Drive ROI with our expert team
- Social Media Advertising Services | Ad Management for 3+ Sites
- Social Media Agency | Social Media Management Company | WebFX
- Social Media Management Pricing: How Much Does It Cost?
- Dazzling Social Media Design Services | WebFX
- Data-Driven Influencer Marketing Services
- Instagram Advertising Services | Promote Your Brand | WebFX
- Facebook Advertising Services for Your Business
- Twitter Advertising Services | Grow Your Audience | WebFX
- LinkedIn Advertising Services: How to Get Started | WebFX
- Grow Your Online Presence With a Top Social Media Marketing Company
- Top Instagram Marketing Agency | WebFX
- Facebook Marketing Agency | Advertising & Marketing Services
- Earn a Higher ROI From Your Ads With a Facebook Advertising Agency
- LinkedIn Marketing Agency | WebFX
- Ecommerce Social Media Agency: Partner with WebFX
- The B2B Social Media Agency That Exceeds Expectations
- B2C Social Media Agency: Engage More Leads with WebFX
- SMB Social Media Agency | WebFX
- Drive Revenue With a Top Enterprise Social Media Agency
- Influencer Marketing Pricing: How Much Does It Cost
More social media marketing resources
Dive further into the world of social media and digital marketing with these additional resources.
Social media and other digital marketing methods
How does social media fit into a complete digital marketing strategy and work with other methods like SEO and content marketing? Find out with these social media marketing articles.
- Social Media Marketing vs. Digital Marketing: What You Need to Know
- Social Media and SEO: How Social Media Improves SEO Rankings
- SEO vs. Social Media: Which Is Better?
- Does Facebook Have SEO Value?
- How Do Content Marketing and Social Media Work Together?
- How to Use Social Media for Content Marketing
- Content Marketing vs. Social Media Marketing: Which is More Effective?
Social media for different types of businesses
The right social media marketing strategy differs from business to business. Explore social media marketing and advertising guides for various types of businesses here.
Additional channels and strategies
Discover additional channels and strategies that make up a complete digital marketing plan here:
Want to learn more about social media marketing?
At WebFX, our team of dedicated marketers stays up-to-date on all things social media marketing so we can produce the best results for your company. In fact, over the last five years, we’ve driven over $3 billion in revenue for our clients.
If you want to learn more about growing your business and brand on social media, subscribe to our email newsletters for the latest digital marketing news and advice!